Ostigard returns to Brighton (2 Viewers)

skylark37

Just appeared on The Athletic, 'Brighton to cut short Leo Ostigard’s loan at Stoke City'.

'He’s expected to go back out on loan to another club during the January transfer window.'

Mentions that he wanted to cut the loan short due to decreased game time.
I would take him back in a heartbeat. He spoke before about good camaraderie with other squad members while he was here.

Thinking longer term, as excellent as Fadz has been this season we need to start thinking about who will be his successor when he eventually leaves.

Evo1883

Just appeared on The Athletic, 'Brighton to cut short Leo Ostigard’s loan at Stoke City'.

'He’s expected to go back out on loan to another club during the January transfer window.'

Mentions that he wanted to cut the loan short due to decreased game time.
I would take him back in a heartbeat. He spoke before about good camaraderie with other squad members while he was here.

Thinking longer term, as excellent as Fadz has been this season we need to start thinking about who will be his successor when he eventually leaves.

Fadz will be fadz successor, fadz is life

Briles

Opted to go to Stoke rather than come back to us for reasons unknown to us mere mortals.
Trot on.

Stoke were promotion candidates pre season, made sense for his development, he wasn't to foresee our meteoric rise.

slowpoke

Is he better than what we have though, whoever we bring in has to be better than what we have, I like him and he’s young but if he is leaving because of lack of game time will he get it here.
We are rumoured to be interested in another CB Cameron Humphries-Grant be interesting which way this might go. , if true.

cc84cov

Opted to go to Stoke rather than come back to us for reasons unknown to us mere mortals.
Trot on.

giphy.gif

Jagmannn

If he had stayed here he would be picked every time ........but Rose & Hyam are improving ....so i don't think we need him just now

Reactions: vow

Happy_Martian

I would love to see him back. Like Gyko, he excelled after an extended run in the team, something he hasn't had at Stoke for whatever reason.

But....

How much of the Stoke move was down to the Brighton management ? The decision may have been out of Osti's hands. If he chose to move there, does that mean he felt he'd achieved what he needed with us and wanted another challenge. Coming back won't change that from the players perspective.

My bigger concern is if he came back, would that would push Hyam out or over to left CB where he struggled at times last season? We've got a reasonable balance at the back. Osti may shift that balance out of whack a bit too far.

shmmeee

As much as I love the guy, I’d pass. We need other positions more and it would leave us over stuffed at RCB.

higgs

What kind of price would he be in January if he's on a free in the summer?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

Would there be any compensation to be paid in the summer if he goes on a free?

johnwillomagic

Hmm depends on what happens with JCS & Maatsen but assuming both stay no thanks!
Think we are well covered defensively so would need to pursue loans in midfield/acm dept and possibly another striker,

wingy

Depends whether it's looked at from an investment POV really.
A season or two here where could his value be at?

higgs

The lad could potentially be an international probably fits the club's business model he could be worth a lot if he improves

stupot07

I loved last season but I can't see him being happy to sit on the bench here either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread