Osb (1 Viewer)

just seen this on cov rfc forum, what do you make of it?

Re: Wasps Ricoh Arena bid: Secret talks explore how club could..
r hess (IP Logged)
07/10/2014 13:03
I have now seen the latest accounts of London Wasps Holdings Limited.

Made Upto 30th June 2013:

Loss £3,263,039 (2012 loss £2,857,078)

Balance Sheet deficiency £14,261,348

Principal creditor Mr.Richardson and his company Canmango, which in turn is owned by Moonstone Limited, a company incorporated in Malta.

The only asset seems to be the shares in Premier Rugby Limited, which are valued at £5,000,000.

So, it appears to me that the Coventry move is one out of necessity rather than design. If the company carries on as before it will carry on losing £3,000,000 per year, until such time as Mr.Richardson has had enough, or cant afford it.

The Coventry move is obviously seen as a means of increasing the revenue stream and making the currently unviable model, viable.

I have to say it seems to be a massive gamble, both on Mr.Richardson's part and Coventry Council. To turn around a £3,000,000 loss will take a lot of doing and be under no illusion, Coventry RFC must either be part of that business plan, or alternatively a prime target for attack.

Oh dear.........

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sorry not be online until now. I think that post raises valid concerns. Said something similar myself before. On the other side you would assume that the negotiations addressed such concerns if not they should have done

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Not according to emails in the possession of someone well-placed to know....

Okay. I'll not argue; but I haven't heard anything. Let's see

Edited to add the 'Mr Richardson' mention above (Canmango) is Derek Richardson; not BR if that's setting any pulses racing....

Last edited:

torchomatic

It's "an individual not a consortium" according to their chief exec.

Users who are viewing this thread