Orient Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It will be a tough game tonight, especially with injuries.

I think he will bring Willis in at Right Back but we will lose 3-1 :(

To be honest Nick, I am 50/50 on this. I want the lads to win every time and its a great habit to get. But the concern over our very thin squad is an issue. My desire is to ensure we are safe or better in the league. I would take a gallant defeat with an inexperienced team.

covcity4life

looking forward to seeing how we cope withotu crystie, i really like the structure we have in place at moment with academy kids replacing seniors]

will it work? probably not but as long as we play well it bodes well for future

2-1 loss but dreaming of a win

fernandopartridge

To be honest Nick, I am 50/50 on this. I want the lads to win every time and its a great habit to get. But the concern over our very thin squad is an issue. My desire is to ensure we are safe or better in the league. I would take a gallant defeat with an inexperienced team.

Yeah, difficult one this. I think he should rest a couple of players, certainly L Clarke has looked a bit like he needs a rest (he has had a long run off the back of a lengthy injury).

fernandopartridge

looking forward to seeing how we cope withotu crystie, i really like the structure we have in place at moment with academy kids replacing seniors]

will it work? probably not but as long as we play well it bodes well for future

2-1 loss but dreaming of a win

Jordan Clarke for me is a better crosser than Christie but lacks his athleticism. He isn't slow though.

covcity4life

well im more than happy for jordan clarke to be removed from CB, he has performed admirably but is not a long term solution their imo, maybe give new rangers kid a go and move JC to right back, i kno SP wants to win JPT but now is a good a time as any to rotate

i think phillips will get the nod at RB tho.

and i would start manset upfront,give clarke a break.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I said in the previous cup competition that I'd prefer to concentrate in the league. However the JPT is a genuine chance of getting to Wembley, and as we know from last year, we have a chance of getting there.

That said, I've just read that for all the effort out in, we got £750 worth of Johnson's Paint, which is going to be used for the new 'superstore'.

If that's what we get for getting as far as we did, then sod that, let's not bother :D

Only jesting, I want us to get as far as we can again in this competition this year. I want silverware; even if it is only through this competition.

I can see Daniels coming in for Barton, I'd like to see Urquart (is that his name?) come in for Cyrus with Clarke moving to RB. Think I'd also rest Wilson or Clarke and give Manset a run out. Not sure who I'd drop out the two though; both will want to play. Maybe Clarke as I think Clarke as Manset together will be too alike. Although Wilson could do with a rest; from the amount of running he does each game I think he deserves a rest.

I'm going for a 2-1 SKY blues win

SkyBlueHomer

Under the circumstances we have had a superb start to the season, yet if we had lost on Saturday we would be bottom of the table now.

Nice to win all your game but I wouldn't be upset if we went out tonight. Its more important to get points on the board in the league before injuries & suspensions take hold.
We don't have the players spare to mess around in cup competitions. Its not as if we can make loads of money out of this competition anyway

PVA

Think we will lose tonight, especially with the injuries. However when we played them at the start of the season I expected us to get soundly beaten but we were actually the better team and probably deserved to win.

I didn't think Orient looked very good at all, just constant hoofing down the line. However they have an excellent finisher in lisbie and they must be doing something right considering their league form.

I think there will be goals again. I'm going to say 2-2.

I think the team will be:

Murphy

Phillips - Clarke - Webster - Adams

Daniels - Barton - Fleck - Moussa

Clarke - Manset

RoboCCFC90

I am going for 2-1 City, we have a genuine chance and I think we will see Daniels on the right side of midfield, Willis at right back and Barton in centre midfield in three changes replacing Christie, Thomas and moving Barton

James Smith

GLR in London are covering bloody Brentford tonight, although to be fair they are playing Peterborough who are second in the table. I'm supposed to be babysitting for a friend tonight as well and I was hoping to listen to that.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Just hope it doesn't go to extra time!!.......................................unless we are 1 down in injury time lol

pusbccfc

He should start Garner tonight. Deserves a chance, has shown promise.

WillieStanley

I want to go all the way to see how NOPM cope with the fact that, like it or not, if you get a ticket for Wembely, your giving money to the club.

As it goes - isn't tonight's match split 50/50? I hope NOPM have stayed well clear!! ;)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slow start so far. Can see already thigh that Cyrus' play going forward us ping to missed. Early on we had the ball in the middle of the park and he had no options to his right. Adams still trying to get forward on the left as normal though.

Looks like the CB's have changed sides too, probably due to Willis being at RB and him needing the experience next to him

Users who are viewing this thread