Optimism (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I think something has happened re Tim Fisher, has his wings been clipped ? imo he is not the type of character to stay silent. Still chairman officially but is he on a sort of gardening leave until whatever contract he has expires ?. Looking st him and Joy at the play off final she seemed a lot happier than he did. But the title of this thread is optimistic and st the moment I am, very, let’s hope that optimism carry’s on should old TF opens his mouth again.

djr8369

I’m feeling fairly optimistic which has led to buying my first season ticket in about 10 years. I’m still worried that now the early bird window is over we’ll start selling key players and if we have to play home games outside of Cov again it will severely hamper any progress and would cause many to completely lose faith again.

I’ve been as frustrated as anyone about SISU and wonder what, if any, long term plan they had. Having said that, maybe they’ve finally got a lot of the behind the scenes stuff sorted and debts paid off and got us running as a business. If so, they deserve some credit as they’ve had nothing but grief while doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Truth is there are some shocking (worse than us scenarios) in these lower divisions as to owners. So while we have had the terrible ride this last few years the present seems like lessons have been learned. Let's hope so but who wouldn't learn a lesson once you landed in league II?
I imagine SISU's aim is to gain worth in the asset for sale. Currently apart from players there is little worth. In League II that was even less. In league I we are arguably worth a tad more. We will earn more in League I and earn much more in the Championship and so on. So their plan presumably is to get back to a level they originally found us and then sell and get out. The only way of doing that from lessons learned is to promote and promote to at least Championship level. That's where this football club belongs at the very least. With each level, support will grow back and earnings will rise. The only way to achieve that is keep the investment on the pitch at what it needs to be and keep a decent manager in charge. So far so good.
Off the field remains open to talks, finish the court case and deal with the outcome. I'm 100% sure Wasp will not want the football club to leave the stadium! There will be a deal to be had longer term. Once we become an attractive purchase where you can get the number cruncher's to make sense of, then new owners will take a stab and invest. They get to choose the deal with WASP from a new level playing field, and who knows maybe invest in the Rugby club too?
So It's in the interest of SISU at this stage to stick with it and try and make it to the Championship. They know it makes sense. Unfortunately some academy stars like Bayliss may have to become funding sales in the process. How much SISU can hold out on that depends on how good the manager is at recruitment and doing his job. They know selling the best players will stop the momentum. That is a lesson they have already had. Will a Maddison sale come along at the right time to aid our funding? Let's hope so. If not let's hope MR's can keep the nucleus of a good side, can strengthen early (as already shown) and put on another promotion run. Success breeds success. With every sale of the likes of McNulty, Bayliss, Jones etc then SISU's goal goes out the window. Let's hope they have finally seen that.

Users who are viewing this thread