Optimism for the new season (1 Viewer)

Martin180

Hello all ,first post

Have supported my beloved Sky blues for over 35 years and the last 10-12 have been gut-wrenching to watch and follow .

However i have to say i am more optimistic this season than i have been for a very long time .I have been advocating a major clear out of the playing staff for 3-4 seasons ,sadly it has taken relegation for this to happen .The players that have been brought in look like the right type of players to do well in this division .There are a couple of players i would like to see go for various reasons but in general the overhaul of the squad has been very productive so far .

I think a couple of the signings could become firm fans favourites - Jennings is class and will be a proper coup if we can sign him , Fleck if he regains his form and confidence is a hugely talented player and i think Malaga once he adapts to English football will be a great signing

PUSB

coventry&stuff

Very optimistic myself With the player brought in as well as some decent young lads coming through. Worst case we sit around mid table come christmas, Thorn out, Shaw/Carsley in, but I think we'll be up there or there abouts. From previous years this kind of fall seems to rejuvenate the whole club more often then not.

Martin180

I think we still lack an out and out wide player and possibly a LB ,unless Kilbane will cover that role , aside from that there seems to be a real depth to the squad now and good players competing for each position

Diehard Si

Yes I am too, I think we can finish just inside the play offs.

We've got a good squad and our midfield especially ( if/when Jennings signs ) looks exceptionally good on paper, but they need to gel and actually deliver. We need to learn to win and never take defeat. Leeds should be a warning sign to us that it might not happen overnight.

Fortunately for us, a lot of the bigger clubs have been promoted back to the Championship. The big clubs are Portsmouth, ourselves and Sheff Utd. Portsmouth are -10 points and no senior players ( although will attract good players when out of embargo ), Sheff Utd will be without Ched Evans I believe? Swindon and Crawley keep being talked about after promotion last season, but we should have enough to see them off I'D HOPE!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

But play-offs is a 1 in 4 chance of getting promoted. Would we really be happy with that?

Martin180

But play-offs is a 1 in 4 chance of getting promoted. Would we really be happy with that?
I think we have to aim for automatic promotion ,however the play-offs would have to be deemed a successful season .I just want the feelgood factor to return and i think Thorn has now got the sort of players he wants and i hope he sticks to his mantra of attacking football .

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Welcome :) I really have no clue what to expect this season, there are a lot of teams that I hardly know about. We could literally finish anywhere... what if AT flops? I think the guy is great but I am weary of him being in charge considering the pressure on him to get us promoted... I mean we SHOULD have no problem... we have a decent team that should be rite at the top of the table... Going to be exciting to see who our stand out players turn out to be. I would be thrilled with the playoffs but personally I can see us just missing out and finishing about 8th or 9th. I am quietly optimistic... hopefully as the season goes on we can really get behind the team and get back into the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread