opposition chances (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

Anybody else slightly concerned how many times the opposition are getting in behind our backline? Just seems to happen quite abit and then we scramble to sort out the danger! Just what i see anyone agree?

Otis

Anybody else slightly concerned how many times the opposition are getting in behind our backline? Just seems to happen quite abit and then we scramble to sort out the danger! Just what i see anyone agree?

Completely. We looked like we could concede at any time tonight.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think when the opposition are countering, we're too interested in chasing the ball trying to win it back than getting into defensive positions and maintaining our shape.

stevefloyd

I felt they could score with every attack... but I did think their 2 strikers looked lively...ish tonight no 16 and 9

PVA

First half we were really poor defensively.

People have been saying that Phillips should be first choice RB because he's better going forwards than Willis... well tonight clearly showed why Mowbray prefers Willis, he's a lot more solid than Phillips.

skyblueheaven

Burge, stokes, reda, phillips all hit and miss no consistency in there performances , will always gift the opposition chances, we just have to live with it, just hope we bang more in the other end.

Otis

First half we were really poor defensively.

People have been saying that Phillips should be first choice RB because he's better going forwards than Willis... well tonight clearly showed why Mowbray prefers Willis, he's a lot more solid than Phillips.

I like Philips, but he does make a lot of mistakes and has been responsible for just as many goals as Willis has, if not more.

shy_tall_knight

Where was the protection that Vincelot was supposed to provide, he was anonymous din't remember anything of note either good or bad.

PVA

Where was the protection that Vincelot was supposed to provide, he was anonymous din't remember anything of note either good or bad.

Yes he was poor.

I think it was just a bad day at the office (first half in particular) and a number of players had their worst games of the season so far.

The positive side of that is we still managed to pick up a point and could have won it, despite several players having an off day.

eastwoodsdustman

Teams are getting wise that we are virtually playing 4-2-4 and so are overrunning us in midfield and defence. Southend made sure that their midfield amd forward line flooded us at the back early on which was leaving us 4 v 6 at some points. We looked a bit better second half when we went to 4-4-2.

Otis

Teams are getting wise that we are virtually playing 4-2-4 and so are overrunning us in midfield and defence. Southend made sure that their midfield amd forward line flooded us at the back early on which was leaving us 4 v 6 at some points. We looked a bit better second half when we went to 4-4-2.
Yep, they were really closing us down in numbers and overrunning us, so we had so much less time on the ball. They really hunted in packs at times.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Gint11

Concerning that we've shipped 4 goals in 2 games and that stat was true after half an hour into last nights game. We've currently scored the most in the division to date with 12 but shipped 6....the worse against stat out of the top teams currently. Worrying.

Astute

Possession 58%/42%
Shots 18/13
On target 8/6
Corners 9/3

And add to that a missed penalty for us and a great save by their GK right at the end. It could easily have been everyone saying a great second half performance and good win.

Astute

Concerning that we've shipped 4 goals in 2 games and that stat was true after half an hour into last nights game. We've currently scored the most in the division to date with 12 but shipped 6....the worse against stat out of the top teams currently. Worrying.

Only 2 sides have a better GD. When you attack you get goals against you. Not all bad.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Defence looked kamikaze last night!

That Phillips foul for the pen I saw it happening before it did he always lunges like that not a great technique! He did it 5 mins later and got the ball by the touchline for a throw but more often than not you leave yourself open to fouling & to allowing the oppo player to take a dive even
If contact is minimal.

Gint11

Possession 58%/42%
Shots 18/13
On target 8/6
Corners 9/3

And add to that a missed penalty for us and a great save by their GK right at the end. It could easily have been everyone saying a great second half performance and good win.

Good Stats. You are right. Could have easily been 4-2. You want Possession, Shots and Corner count to be high at home, shows domination.

Gint11

Defence looked kamikaze last night!

That Phillips foul for the pen I saw it happening before it did he always lunges like that not a great technique! He did it 5 mins later and got the ball by the touchline for a throw but more often than not you leave yourself open to fouling & to allowing the oppo player to take a dive even
If contact is minimal.

Phillips is young and bit brash. He will learn from that. I like him but he's a bit gung ho. Needs to steady himself and jocky more. Looks a bag of energy ready to explode. Needs composure.

ceetee

What concerned me most was Reada being dragged, and caught, out of position so many times.

What amused me most was someone on the phone in saying that Haynes should replace Stokes. Was the guy at the game?

stupot07

Only 2 sides have a better GD. When you attack you get goals against you. Not all bad.

Good sides don't, keep cleansheets and score goals, people used that silly excuse under Pressley.

Top 3 for the last 2 seasons

2014/15
Bristol F96 A38
mk Dons F101 A44
PNE F74 A40

2013/14
Wolves F89 A31
Brentford F72 A32
Leyton Orient F85 A45

All scored goals and all conceded less than a goal per game throughout the season. We can't get back into having to scored 2 a game just to get a point, the defensive shape needs sorting out ASAP if we have any promotion ambitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread