Opportunity to unite the fans. (1 Viewer)

Houdi

For months both on this site ,on CWR and other various media outlets, fans have been striving to find a way to unite the fans, in a way that shows a clear message to all the factions in this dispute. From the Sky Blue trust, NOPM, KCIC, Back to the Ricoh, the Hill protest, the ribbon campaign fans have sought to keep our plight in the spotlight,
The problem has always seemed how to top or equal the fantastic 'March to Broadgate', and maybe the 'Legends Game' at the Ricoh. Now the winter is setting in, with darker night and inclement weather, it is very hard to organise anything that will attract a decent turnout. In the day most people are at work, and the evening it is dark. Any campaign at Sixfields is always going to be impossible because the majority of fans don't and won't go.
However it seems on November 30th upwards of hopefully 5,000-6,000 fans will be travelling to MK, which will be the largest gathering of Sky Blue fans for a long time. Surely this is the perfect opportunity for an united message.
From trips to Wembley to see England play, they have a very effective idea of putting a card on seats, which fans raise to show a St George's Flag at both ends of the ground, prior to kick off. Not sure if it would be possible for maybe the Sky Blue trust to organise printing 5,000 A4 leaflets, with an agreed simple non controversial message on, which could be given out to fans outside the ground. Maybe a charge of 5/10p to cover printing costs. Not an anti SISU message, but a message of fans wanting us back where we belong in Coventry.

torchomatic

How about "Happy Christmas"?

Captain Dart

I suspect MK wouldn't be too keen to become embroiled.

Houdi,
Agree with your thoughts about the difficulty of large-scale protest at this time of year, plus utilizing the support we are likely to have at MK Dons. However I think it may need careful thought as to what form of 'United Message' we go for, and what method of transmission we choose.

By the way, are you the Houdi of Rocket FC fame ?

lewys33

Nice idea. I dont think MK Dons is an ideal place to have a "get us back home" kind of message. However if it were to get media attention I don't think they would concentrate on the Irony of it.

Users who are viewing this thread