Open Letter on Behalf of Coventry City Fans (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

The letter has made its way onto "drunken Wasps"
Doesn't get a great response!

I'd just like to take this moment to thank @Nick for having the ability to build a website that doesn't look like it dropped out of 1997 and was designed purely to give you a headache.

Grendel

Plea for sane thinking doesn't go down well in the nut house

To be fair Kent wasps is very sane - Suggs is the Mahwitch of the forum he hasn’t a clue

shmmeee

Being objective, you can see their point. If we were at the Ricoh and had a hostile outside force asking to rent here while still trying to distress us, I doubt we'd be all for it.

mark82

I respect what this letter is trying to do and fair play for trying it but stating it’s on behalf of all Coventry fans isn’t right.
I for one don’t want to see us back at the Ricoh while london wasps own the place. We’ll never prosper there.

Probably should have dropped the 'all', but think it's most. To be fair, I'm one of those that are less bothered about being at St. Andrews on a personal level. I'm outside of Coventry, and when I do visit family it's Brum side of Coventry. From a financial standpoint for the club we'd be better off at the Ricoh and that's why I want us there. More fans, more F&B, similar contract - gives us a greater ability to compete.

mark82

Can't please everyone guys, you're not bacon.

What about the vegans?

giphy.gif

What's the aim of it all though?

Just to make us feel better? Sure crack on, though probably better to go with the shit on Wasps doorstep idea.

Make any kind of difference? I can't see how it would do anything but hinder.

Karen who's been helping little Alopecia learn her dance routine for the big show isn't going to support us because @letsallsingtogether smoke bombs her.

perhaps flooding every event / Tv Coverage.

A short film / Documentary could be spread also, spoken word is very popular at the moment... play on the heart strings etc.

the fact is, it’s appalling that the football club is not in the City for this year, it makes a mockery of the whole thing.

all in attendance have a Kit on... a hashtag and making a point early on could allow it to be a consistent throughout.

shmmeee

perhaps flooding every event / Tv Coverage.

A short film / Documentary could be spread also, spoken word is very popular at the moment... play on the heart strings etc.

the fact is, it’s appalling that the football club is not in the City for this year, it makes a mockery of the whole thing.

all in attendance have a Kit on... a hashtag and making a point early on could allow it to be a consistent throughout.

It is. But “we should be home” doesn’t get much more than a nod at best. People still don’t have a clear person to blame and let’s be honest even if tomorrow literally everything there is to know got leaked there’s still be arguments about what to do.

Either you think Sisu might win a future legal battle or you don’t. No one knows.

One thing that’s been very well done by all sides is muddying of the waters so no one has a clear direction to vent their anger.

All our protests end up like this

giphy.gif

SkyBlueZack

That’s a good idea we need a hashtag

Hikack the hashtag they’re using, that way it’s easier to go viral as they’re pushing it. The hashtag is Coventry moves, we use that and add sports clubs after, helped moved a rugby club here and the football club out. Something along those lines 🤷🏼‍♂️

Skyblueweeman

On another note...I just read some of the comments on the FB forum.

Jesus Wept.

There needs to be some form of education for those 'yeah but itz sisuuuu tho' brigade.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

The letter has made its way onto "drunken Wasps"
Doesn't get a great response!

Haven't read the whole letter - but early on it uses the word 'demand', which will always be antagonistic. If a letter from Wasps fans had said "we demand CCFC" it would have received short shrift from us too.

Edit: I have now read it, and support the sentiments (although I think I would have used implore rather than demand) Apologies to Mark and Pete (assuming they wrote it), No criticism intended, just me having spent too many years tweaking letters for people!

Last edited:

shmmeee

On another note...I just read some of the comments on the FB forum.

Jesus Wept.

There needs to be some form of education for those 'yeah but itz sisuuuu tho' brigade.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Time for another MythBusters? Was reading through the pinned one from the Trust. Shame it’s locked because it needs updating anyway.

And gives me a valid reason to sharpen my pedantry 😂

cov donkey kick

Hi guys first post on here longstanding supporter of ccfc worked on turnstiles at highfield rd late 80s before moving south to telscombe area via London.
On the letter it sums up how united the fans are behind the playing side of the club .over the last few years have privately emailed all the parties including the CET without recieving a reply as the local press have not done there job putting wasps ,CCC on the spot truly shameful by ÇET.
Well done the forum for your efforts

Users who are viewing this thread