Open letter from Joy and Tim (3 Viewers)

Snozz_is_god

I read this statement and immediately I thought, "this sounds like a bit of panic". Why? Then I realised. The "March" is tomorrow! They are trying to come across as nice people in the hope they will change fans minds about the march tomorrow. F**k 'em! Let's march! (Well, I can't - too far to travel but I'll be watching developments on here!)

There's a few weak minded idiots all ready changing their minds by the sound of some on this thread. I'm not changing mine, SISU out or I'll never go to a game again.

ccfcway

does ticket reciepts count as "match day revenues" ?

If so, we are better off at Ricoh than Sixfields whilst legoland is built

SIMPLES

Grendel

There's a few weak minded idiots all ready changing their minds by the sound of some on this thread. I'm not changing mine, SISU out or I'll never go to a game again.

My hero

Grendel

does ticket reciepts count as "match day revenues" ?

If so, we are better off at Ricoh than Sixfields whilst legoland is built

SIMPLES

FFS its about the value of the business -- without a total revenue equation it is a worthless asset in either ground.

spider_ricoh

If you look at the statement with a level of rationality, it's clearly paving the way to a return to the stadium. One of the most reasonable statements I've seen from Sisu. They're clearly ready to go back to the negotiation table.

You don't swallow your pride in public unless you want to achieve something greater.

Call me an optimist, but that is the best looking statement/news i've seen since the debacle began.

I agree with this - behind the bluster there is a "we want to talk about going back" which may hearten some...but...

In a way they are trying to force ACL's hand, again. They may have sensed that by making a public statement on their desire to do a deal, they are challenging ACL to start negotiating again without the pre-condition of dropped legal action being met. They will try to get the fans on ACL's back by saying "we want to talk about a return" whilst still pursuing a twin track of distressing the ground owners.

Clever, Sisu, clever.

letsallsingtogether

And we used to get the Pie money.
You said it wasn't about the pie money but the catering(same thing surely) come on how much do they make from Car parking never full most park around the corner for a fiver and drive straight off with no problems.
They have never ever said that playing in Northampton improved the clubs financial situation, it's a short term solution to an ongoing long term problem that has existed for more years than I care to remember.

Stemming back to when we sold Highfield Road and then rented back but lost all the money we made paying rent!

will am i

How can anyone be happy with this? Its the same old same old only sounds like Football League are finally applying a bit of pressure. Tim, give up the legal nonsense, pay what you owe an enter negotiations with whoever about the rent and match day revenues - and pay a fair price instead of trying to screw people over. You've wasted a year already.

The Reverend Skyblue

There are no weak minded idiots as you call them who have changed their mind as far as I can see. All it is we have a statement at last from one of the main players that they would actually talk about a return, and that's all. Christ even the slightest glimmer in the non stop shite must be seen as a little hope we will come home.
They have never said anything like this before, so we should take it with all due care, I for certain won't believe it until they actually hold talks, but also it is some hope though a long shot it will all be resolved.
I have and most on this board blame all three parties involved, not just SISU on its own. How can a football club prosper if all it has is ticket revenue, it need's all matchday revenue and surely that's common sense

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes it's natural to be suspicious.

However much better tone rather than previous confrontational rhetoric.

In fact dare I say a better tone than yesterday's A C L tone.

Let's hope this offer is at least discussed by A C L.

letsallsingtogether

Correct common sense!!! but why did it take so long to realise this.

Any other company hemorrhaging money at the rate the football club was would have looked into the business closer, to see where they could save and make money.

It is a hedge fund ffs that is there business?

There are no weak minded idiots as you call them who have changed their mind as far as I can see. All it is we have a statement at last from one of the main players that they would actually talk about a return, and that's all. Christ even the slightest glimmer in the non stop shite must be seen as a little hope we will come home.
They have never said anything like this before, so we should take it with all due care, I for certain won't believe it until they actually hold talks, but also it is some hope though a long shot it will all be resolved.
I have and most on this board blame all three parties involved, not just SISU on its own. How can a football club prosper if all it has is ticket revenue, it need's all matchday revenue and surely that's common sense

letsallsingtogether

What us suspicious Never

joemercersaces

I would take this with about three shovels of salt. It is indeed about time that SISU got real, abandoned their failed shenanigans and either talk or slink away but everything they do is calculated. They have said before that they acknowledge their communication with supporters has been deficient and vowed to put that right. Did they or only last week did Fisher's true arrogant self show with his comments about the judge and that he would disclose details about the new stadium when he was good and ready.

They speak with forked tongue and I for one would trust them as I would an adder fanged.

chiefdave

What exactly is covered by match day revenue they didn't get before ? Serious question.

They got car parking spaces and corporate facilities as part of the old rent deal so it's not that. They obviously got ticket revenues, program money, merchandise etc so it could genuinely just be the much talked about pie money, what else is there besides catering that anyone spends money on?

I park at a pub down the road, pay to get in, buy a program and thats it. Are they after the pubs car parking money?

chiefdave

While the tone is much better than most things we have heard from SISU recently I have to be honest and say I struggle to take anything they say at face value. They've been caught out too many times being less than truthful and 'plan a' seems to change every 5 minutes. Also the timing, with the march tomorrow, seems a touch suspicious.

That said if they are serious the way forward was made very clear by ACL. Pay the £590K, stop any further legal action and we'll talk.

I said on a thread earlier in the week matchday revenues are to all intents and purposes irrelevant if we're talking about a short term, 2 year, deal while SISU build the new ground. We can all see the net revenues at the Ricoh are hugely preferable to those at Sixfields so if they really do want to move forward it seems to be counterproductive to bring that up again.

How would you calculate a fair rent? The £150K, £400K inclusive of matchday costs, seems reasonable to me but as they haven't mentioned a number do they want it lower. I would have thought if a previous offer was acceptable they would state they would return if that previous offer was still valid.

As some have said actions speak louder than words and until we see some evidence that SISU are making a genuine attempt to move back to the Ricoh I will take statements like this with more than a pinch of salt.

Nick

Administrator
They got car parking spaces and corporate facilities as part of the old rent deal so it's not that. They obviously got ticket revenues, program money, merchandise etc so it could genuinely just be the much talked about pie money, what else is there besides catering that anyone spends money on?

I park at a pub down the road, pay to get in, buy a program and thats it. Are they after the pubs car parking money?

What happens with the corporate stuff in the boxes? I can't think of much matchday stuff.

Ad boards?

Samo

There was an offer???

Mr Creosote

Fact is the only reason an open letter has been issued by these muppets is because they are shit scared ACL has another sports franchise to play at the Ricoh. So friggin obvious.....

Grendel

Fact is the only reason an open letter has been issued by these muppets is because they are shit scared ACL has another sports franchise to play at the Ricoh. So friggin obvious.....

No they are not - they is no Sports Franchise unless its the Old Shephard First 11.

First rule if you are desperate to get a tenant back -- issue a press release saying someone else is interested.

I'd stick to being slapped on some knackered fencing if I were you.

Mr Creosote

Well, you may be eating your incorrect words Grendull, there is another club coming to the Ricoh.... You are just as dumb as SISU if you think there isn't

Grendel

Well, you may be eating your incorrect words Grendull, there is another club coming to the Ricoh.... You are just as dumb as SISU if you think there isn't

Ooooh who is it -- please tell us

James Smith

What I would like to know is what were the terms and what it in the terms of the offer that did include the pie money that Sisu didn't like.

Also why didn't Sisu offer the Higgs the full amount to begin with rather than a small amount and installments later on?

Last edited:

Grendel

What I would like to know is what were the terms and what it in the terms of the offer that did include the pie money that Sisu didn't like.

Also why didn't Sisu offer the Higgs the full amount to begin with rather than a small amount and installments later on?

Because it isn't worth the full amount according to the Judge.

RoboCCFC90

So in essence we allegedly have the Club and ACL who are willing to discuss a deal.. Fantastic!

The Club has paid the £590,000 it owes ACL into an Escrow Account as per the Football League statement today.

So there is no reason why at this moment in time, all of the parties can't sit down and discuss a deal to bring us home?

However I would have a few questions:

- Are ACL willing to discuss the Club accessing it's own Matchday Revenues?

- If Q1 is a yes, at what price will ACL require the Club to purchase these revenue rights?

- Are the Club willing to pay the price for these revenues, baring in mind that a sale of these revenue rights was made before there tenure?

- When can these discussions start taking place?

- Can the Sky Blues Trust help to initiate these negotiations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread