OPen Letter Asking For Public Inquiry Over Wasps Deal (1 Viewer)

will am i

An inquiry would be a nice distraction for our owners, we wouldnt get the Ricoh anyway, you can vote in the elections if you are unhappy with council. Can't see any particular value in a inquiry.Id rather my money was spent elswhere. Should SISU or anyone else want one then I'm sure they can fund it themselves. Perhaps we can get back to football on here and how we might avoid being a league below Bury, Rochdale and Burton next year.

skybluetony176

...but I can't make an informed decision, as the principles of open government and transparency have been abandoned.

Who you vote for is going to be based on what happened with the Ricoh? Ineresting. I would have thought public services, health and education would be the basis for that but each to their own i guess.

Malaka

CCFC should never have messed up in the first place, it it wasn't for the council we would have had nowhere to play.
Council own the stadium, CCFC didn't not want it, they wanted to buy their own stadium, thought they were being clever, wanting to make a shed load of money at the tax payers expense
Council (who lets face it) can sell to who the hell they want, sold it to someone who expressed an interest whilst the tenants were adamant, they were building their own stadium and continued not to be interested.

Whats the problem? talk about flogging a dead horse.

We have no stadium, why? because SISU did not want to buy it, get over it! face it SISU Fucked themselves over trying to be clever, now they look stupid and we aint got nowhere to call our own ALL DOWN TO SISU. I cant believe that anyone can think that this is fault of any party accept SISU.

torchomatic

I'm not hiding. Not sure what's so difficult. Yes, I know you've got the balls to see things in black and white. It's all SISUs fault, no one else's. I'll admit I do lean both ways (boom boom). I DO BLAME SISU FOR THE STATE OF OUR CLUB (even put it in capitals for you), but I also blame CCC, who have been far from the innocents portrayed on here. If they have acted inappropriately then they should be scrutinized. If there's nothing to hide then there's not a problem, is there?
And yes, so should SISU be scrutinized.

I want to know the parts ALL SIDES have played in our downfall, from ACL, CCC, SISU and all the other characters including Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity, Elliott, etc etc.

I thought ALL fans would want the same.

Ignore it all you want pal, I never hid behind anything and always have said Sisu are mainly to blame, either through their actions or inaction. I've got the balls to say it, you obviously haven't got the bollocks to say that you lean the other way, so be it.

I see you still don't want Sisu looked at then?

NorthernWisdom

Who you vote for is going to be based on what happened with the Ricoh? Ineresting. I would have thought public services, health and education would be the basis for that but each to their own i guess.

What really winds me up is the nonsensical, simplistic argumenst that it's an either/or.

Things are always presented that way, too. 'Let's slash the heritage budget by 70%, save the schools!' No matter that said budget is so miniscule you might get ten minutes worth of heating in a classroom out of it, no matter that certain costs then have to be absorbed elsewhere.

But they're the simplistic arguments put out - as if the fabric of society is wholly dependent on a hospital, and not on the society around it. Think it's irrelevant? Think again. Prior to all this nonsense, when things became commercially confidential, then the total expenditure of visitor day and overnight trips in Cov & Warks in 2009 was £1.3billion. We'd lost £0.1billion of that, too, over the previous four years. The point of this is to showthe figures are not insignificant

This is the quantifiable measurement too. Now personally I am not keen on economic measurements on the social - I'd rather look at the studies that demonstrate how such activities contribute to general well-being, and also the sense of place that thus contributes to a definable identity and makes people a) want to visit and b) want to live somewhere - both key. It's here that the argument is spectacularly ignored as people race for an 'I'm alright Jack' principle that doesn't consider the longer term impact. Cynically you could ask why a politician looking for election should look to the longer term. This is harder to measure but, again, studies that show cities that neglect a history and its leisure assets suffer longer term due to the blurring of identity that makes a place somewhat lost, it becomes a mere space on a map.

Then we look at the general practice. Are you really going to assume the Ricoh is the only decision made in this way? It's even cross councils and the insidious creep towards closed doors decisions gets greater and greater. We supposedly live in an information age, but it's easier to find out decisions made in the 1970s than today.

In a wider context, to accept decisions made in haste it is to condone the savage wasting of cash on populist arguments of nothing, where the 'freedom of information' hides behind the facade of commercial confidentiality.

If the council is misinformed here, why should it be well-informed anywhere else? Not being keen on an enquiry is nothing to do with the lack of desire to know more, as politicians should be accountable - that is their role. My only fear is that any enquiry will re-enforce the Status Quo and condone such practices. The pre-judging and trivialising of elements of social provision is exactly why we slip backwards, ever closer to nothing. Condone the ability of elected representatives to play fast and loose with your assets, and you probably get what you deserve further down the line.

steveecov

CCFC should never have messed up in the first place, it it wasn't for the council we would have had nowhere to play.
Council own the stadium, CCFC didn't not want it, they wanted to buy their own stadium, thought they were being clever, wanting to make a shed load of money at the tax payers expense
Council (who lets face it) can sell to who the hell they want, sold it to someone who expressed an interest whilst the tenants were adamant, they were building their own stadium and continued not to be interested.

Whats the problem? talk about flogging a dead horse.

We have no stadium, why? because SISU did not want to buy it, get over it! face it SISU Fucked themselves over trying to be clever, now they look stupid and we aint got nowhere to call our own ALL DOWN TO SISU. I cant believe that anyone can think that this is fault of any party accept SISU.

They came in on a big white charger...We all thought Gold Cup......Changed tac midway and now it's DONKEY DERBY.

Skyblueweeman

The Ricoh was owned 50% each by CCC & Higgs Charity. Sisu had the option to buy it for seven long years.
Instead they tried to get it for the best part of nothing, even resorting to withholding legally owed rent and
moving the Club to the Cobblers.They also tried the law courts and failed dismally.

CCC had every right to rid themselves of a weight around their necks, and so did Higgs.

Sisu said they did not want the Ricoh and had their own plans for a new stadium LOL.

Unfortunate choice of new owners maybe but at least they played the game honestly.

Hi Fred...Wasps have bought the Ricoh for less than the rent we've paid over those 7 years. Doesn't sit well with me. Does it you?

WM

The Gentleman

I'm not hiding. Not sure what's so difficult. Yes, I know you've got the balls to see things in black and white. It's all SISUs fault, no one else's. I'll admit I do lean both ways (boom boom). I DO BLAME SISU FOR THE STATE OF OUR CLUB (even put it in capitals for you), but I also blame CCC, who have been far from the innocents portrayed on here. If they have acted inappropriately then they should be scrutinized. If there's nothing to hide then there's not a problem, is there?
And yes, so should SISU be scrutinized.

I want to know the parts ALL SIDES have played in our downfall, from ACL, CCC, SISU and all the other characters including Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity, Elliott, etc etc.

I thought ALL fans would want the same.

Are you saying I only blame Sisu? It certainly looks that way by what you have wrote.

torchomatic

Funny, you're more than happy to those similar accusations around, aren't you? Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Are you saying I only blame Sisu? It certainly looks that way by what you have wrote.

duffer

This must be a Godsend for SISSYU. All this distraction and deflection away from them. Meanwhile the real victims (the mugged fans) can only watch on as CCFC is seen to bleed to death by another cut.

And next into the arena the cunning stunts of Faggott and Wisher.

I don't see the logic of this argument at all. Is anyone really saying that as fans we're not paying attention to what SISU are doing to the club (or not doing) because of the request for more clarity on what the council have done with regard to ACL etc.? That doesn't stand up at all, just read the forum for proof.

The Gentleman

Funny, you're more than happy to those similar accusations around, aren't you? Yes, that's what I'm saying.

What I say is that although you say you like to give the balanced approach, in the main you only post from one point of view either in your opinion or the articles you put up.

Not sure what your sentence is but it doesn't make sense. Anyway, to back up what I say, as I said in an earlier post I mainly blame Sisu/Otium and always have done, so despite me saying plenty of times in the past that some blame sits at CCC and ACL's door, I hold Sisu mainly responsible for where we are because they could have solved all of this shit by simply buying the fucking Ricoh.

So, rather than ask you to donate to charity or anything like that, you say I hold Sisu solely responsible. Find a post of mine that say's that and I'll look a c**t. The flip side is if you can't find one then you're the c**t. Is that black and white enough for you?

Grendel

What I say is that although you say you like to give the balanced approach, in the main you only post from one point of view either in your opinion or the articles you put up.

Not sure what your sentence is but it doesn't make sense. Anyway, to back up what I say, as I said in an earlier post I mainly blame Sisu/Otium and always have done, so despite me saying plenty of times in the past that some blame sits at CCC and ACL's door, I hold Sisu mainly responsible for where we are because they could have solved all of this shit by simply buying the fucking Ricoh.

So, rather than ask you to donate to charity or anything like that, you say I hold Sisu solely responsible. Find a post of mine that say's that and I'll look a c**t. The flip side is if you can't find one then you're the c**t. Is that black and white enough for you?

You will not find one post on here from me that says Led Zepplin are the most overrated Rock band on earth. That's what I think though.

James Smith

Hi Fred...Wasps have bought the Ricoh for less than the rent we've paid over those 7 years. Doesn't sit well with me. Does it you?

WM

Even if you ignore the small sums involved or the fact that Sisu totally ballsed up buying any of the Ricoh (please shut up about Plan A aka the new stadium) the council should never have been chatting to Wasps about moving to Coventry whilst berating Sisu for taking our club to Northampton. Bloody Hypocrites.

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

Skyblueweeman

Even if you ignore the small sums involved or the fact that Sisu totally ballsed up buying any of the Ricoh (please shut up about Plan A aka the new stadium) the council should never have been chatting to Wasps about moving to Coventry whilst berating Sisu for taking our club to Northampton. Bloody Hypocrites.

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

And yet some on here see that as ok. If it was the other way round though...

Skyblueweeman

What, Sisu chatting to other clubs to rent to play when they should have been buying the Ricoh...

If SISU were lushing up the CCC/ACL yet building their own stadium, people on here would've been up in arms.

"but the council helped us in our hour of need...how could we"

"I can't believe our club have screwed over a charity whilst building their own stadium"

Etc etc etc....

torchomatic

Oh, I don't mind a bit of Zeppelin. Particularly as they play some before every game.

You will not find one post on here from me that says Led Zepplin are the most overrated Rock band on earth. That's what I think though.

letsallsingtogether

If SISU were lushing up the CCC/ACL yet building their own stadium, people on here would've been up in arms.

Etc etc etc....

But they did neither never spoke to anyone when they could and as for the new Stadium:thinking about:

That is why we are where we are......

But keep the faith Maybe just Maybe.

J

Jack Griffin

Absolutely, it's not fair, but it's how it is.
A lot oppose sisu using NOPM as an instrument - but it's not like you can use NOPM if you're unhappy with the council. That's not fair either, but that's just how it is.

You can, but you would find yourself in court for not paying council tax.

J

Jack Griffin

I won't change my vote & I don't vote Labour these days anyhow.

oldbloke

LMAO about this cus mate has told me they say they are worried about council tax payers money but loads of them dont even live here. Ones I can remember are Russell's Manchester, Mann Brown and Strange all London, Stevens and Furnival Adams Brighton, Conquest lives in Bedford and Limb in Southampton ffs. Ian Cooper calls himself Ian1779 on here and no fucking wonder he hides who he is when it turns out he is a teacher cos cant imagine parents being happy with some of the shit he writes. :pointlaugh:

Ian1779

LMAO about this cus mate has told me they say they are worried about council tax payers money but loads of them dont even live here. Ones I can remember are Russell's Manchester, Mann Brown and Strange all London, Stevens and Furnival Adams Brighton, Conquest lives in Bedford and Limb in Southampton ffs. Ian Cooper calls himself Ian1779 on here and no fucking wonder he hides who he is when it turns out he is a teacher cos cant imagine parents being happy with some of the shit he writes. :pointlaugh:

If I taught you at least you'd be able to structure a paragraph properly.

covmark

LMAO about this cus mate has told me they say they are worried about council tax payers money but loads of them dont even live here. Ones I can remember are Russell's Manchester, Mann Brown and Strange all London, Stevens and Furnival Adams Brighton, Conquest lives in Bedford and Limb in Southampton ffs. Ian Cooper calls himself Ian1779 on here and no fucking wonder he hides who he is when it turns out he is a teacher cos cant imagine parents being happy with some of the shit he writes. ointlaugh:

Say what???

duffer

LMAO about this cus mate has told me they say they are worried about council tax payers money but loads of them dont even live here. Ones I can remember are Russell's Manchester, Mann Brown and Strange all London, Stevens and Furnival Adams Brighton, Conquest lives in Bedford and Limb in Southampton ffs. ... calls himself Ian1779 on here and no fucking wonder he hides who he is when it turns out he is a teacher cos cant imagine parents being happy with some of the shit he writes. :pointlaugh:

I really don't think it's appropriate to 'out' forum users like this. Are you prepared to stick your real name up here, for the record?

For what it's worth I'm a Coventry taxpayer and I'd be happy enough to put my name to that letter, so that part of your argument is absolute rubbish too. Grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread