Only one thing left now. (1 Viewer)

hotrod

There only one thing we can do now & that is to BOYCOTT all City Home games. I know this will be hard for some Fans but is it not the only weapon we have left, it would also help to Picket the games as well as this could generate more support,also it would bring yet more bad publicity for Sisu.

Sisu still have to pay the player's wages,ground rent & other expenses,so with no income coming in to the Club I cannot see Sisu funding the Club for three years while the new ground is built.

Regards

Last edited:

Skybluechick

I agree but I think after a couple of months people will start going and if they do they will be agreeing to this sisu mess! I for one will not go to any home matches again unless at the ricoh including the new in the coventry area ground!

Sky Blue Pete

I agree but I think after a couple of months people will start going and if they do they will be agreeing to this sisu mess! I for one will not go to any home matches again unless at the ricoh including the new in the coventry area ground!

I won't be able to go on Sunday afternoon so that's 3 season tickets down

Sub

so why not unite against going to all home games then ? seen as the majority seem to want this ?

its all about personal choice but nobody should be saying what one fan is doing is right or wrong, people will go with thier own way of dealing with the issue of playing away from the ricoh

Last edited:

covkid69

we should all go to northampton for every 'home' game and then invade the pitch in peaceful protest and refuse to move...that would get the media's attention if we get games called off

NorthernWisdom

so why not unite against going to all home games then ? seen as the majority seem to want this ?

Some people want to show their support for what CCFC is to them in different ways, we must absolutely respect that right.

That isn't the same as condoning a move, or wanting to try and prevent such a move, or wanting the club back in the city.

It's about giving US the best chance after all this by not fighting among ourselves and respecting individual choice, as wherever WE are whatever WE choose to do WE are Coventry City, and in that much WE can show unity by accepting WE are bigger than the parts.

ajsccfc

Because some people don't believe that a boycott will do anything and will just see them fund more losses and build more debt. Unity on strict terms is just a charade, and talk of screaming scab at other fans (who it must be stressed, aren't automatically supporting the move by still going) lets down any philosophy of togetherness.

Surely it's far better to try and convince people to see the side of any boycott rather than just attack them at the first opportunity and forever put them off.

Sub

Because some people don't believe that a boycott will do anything and will just see them fund more losses and build more debt. Unity on strict terms is just a charade, and talk of screaming scab at other fans (who it must be stressed, aren't automatically supporting the move by still going) lets down any philosophy of togetherness.

Surely it's far better to try and get people to see the side of any boycott rather than just scream at them first chance.

like i have said before we all want sisu out ( or i like to think we do) we are just trying to get to the same point just from opporsite ends !!

italiahorse

Which is absolutely needed now if never before.

Whoever's right or wrong, WE need to all be standing at the end of it all.

...... and do what ?

I would sooner ACL force the issue. I'm sure ACL would all but give the stadium away to anybody but SISU.
PA should have seen this coming and awarded it too someone with a better option.
Another buyer now would mean 15 points deduction but that's the least of our worries.

OyJimmy

we should all go to northampton for every 'home' game and then invade the pitch in peaceful protest and refuse to move...that would get the media's attention if we get games called off

If mass pitch invasions happen then the league would go mad at Sisu

ajsccfc

like i have said before we all want sisu out ( or i like to think we do) we are just trying to get to the same point just from opporsite ends !!

That's exactly it, my issue is that ostracising fans who do choose to go however will just keep them at the complete opposite end and hinder any chance of everyone agreeing (I know that will never happen, but reasoning over rabble-rousing certainly wouldn't hurt)

NorthernWisdom

...... and do what ?

Make some noise!

NTFC(!) seems to be the only one who wants to go to the Football League headquarters.

Celebration of OUR club can be had away from Northampton on match days.

We have a city centre with large squares for protests, and a council house to stand in front of;

We have other Midlands clubs whose games we can go to instead.

And in all those it can be joined up to point out wherever we are, whatever we do, WE are Coventry City FC and this will not change that!

But it should be positive, focussing on what WE are collectively, rather than turning on each other.

italiahorse

Some people want to show their support for what CCFC is to them in different ways, we must absolutely respect that right.

That isn't the same as condoning a move, or wanting to try and prevent such a move, or wanting the club back in the city.

It's about giving US the best chance after all this by not fighting among ourselves and respecting individual choice, as wherever WE are whatever WE choose to do WE are Coventry City, and in that much WE can show unity by accepting WE are bigger than the parts.

Sticking with the majority means not going to Northampton.
Almost certainly if no one goes SISU will leave.
How do you convince people that not supporting the team for a period of time is the best option to get rid of SISU?

NorthernWisdom

Sticking with the majority means not going to Northampton.
Almost certainly if no one goes SISU will leave.
How do you convince people that not supporting the team for a period of time is the best option to get rid of SISU?

I don't agree it is, I think not following the team will see the death of the club in its I don't want to convince others otherwise as their support for their club is absolutely the right thing that they should do.

They are Coventry City as much as you, me or anybody.

We are Coventry City, not those who wield their power.

In fact in the days of a global village, the joined up map that we are all Coventry City, we may be split geographically but together in essence is a message that we appear determined to ignore for some reason.

This is not a fight against our own!

dadgad

...... and do what ?

I would sooner ACL force the issue. I'm sure ACL would all but give the stadium away to anybody but SISU.
PA should have seen this coming and awarded it too someone with a better option.
Another buyer now would mean 15 points deduction but that's the least of our worries.

We (somehow) and ALL supporter groups, must agree a strategy.
UNITY is critical.
I think we more or less realise we should do what the majority decide.

NorthernWisdom

We (somehow) and ALL supporter groups agree a strategy.
UNITY is critical.
I think we more or less realise we should do what the majority decide.

The thing is, it's really not a contradicition to feel you want to go to Northampton to support the team, but be prepared to get behind a message that the team should not be in Northampton!

Such a message doesn't even involve blame as to who's fault it is, that's just the essence of who we are!

covcity4life

i liek it, anarchy rules

may be only hope, get games delayed or PP, icnrease police presence every week, jsut make it a headache for everyone????

Macca

Quite simple for me, no moral crusade, just am not motivated enough, not in my personal financial plan to go and watch football in Northampton.

Nonleagueherewecome

The thing is, it's really not a contradicition to feel you want to go to Northampton to support the team, but be prepared to get behind a message that the team should not be in Northampton!

Such a message doesn't even involve blame as to who's fault it is, that's just the essence of who we are!

If we all go to Northampton SISU will be delighted. The only thing we can do is refuse to go. Whatever the intentions, going to Northampton is signalling approval of the move and I'm afraid to me will always amount to betraying the club. I find it hard to respect anybody who can cast aside what has been done and attend regardless-it smacks of apathy at best.

NorthernWisdom

If we all go to Northampton SISU will be delighted. The only thing we can do is refuse to go. Whatever the intentions, going to Northampton is signalling approval of the move and I'm afraid to me will always amount to betraying the club. I find it hard to respect anybody who can cast aside what has been done and attend regardless-it smacks of apathy at best.

I disagree fundamentally in this.

I stopped going out of principle when the club signed King, and the club's attitude towards it but was abused roundly on message boards for that.

That however was my principle.

Now others have reached their principle and it's the club moving, which is entirely fair enough. Now, many do not want to see the club die, they want to see it come back. Some will feel the best way is to show support to the players and manager no matter what (it isn't their fault after all).

That's no betrayal, that's loyalty placed in a different angle.

But it doesn't stop a collective cry of we should not be in Northampton!

Wherever we are, if we be at Northampton or elsewhere showing we are not at Northampton, we have as much in common that we are all trying to keep Coventry alive and we all, like it or not, need each other.

Delboycov

Have to agree with that NLHWC...The ability to say no is the only thing we've got left now to ensure this suicidal move isn't a long term one or is abandoned all together....I do have respect for those that disagree with what's happening but feel they love the club so much they can't stop watching them, even short term. However those saying yes are giving them a mandate to go through with this suicidal plan and when the club inevitably dies under the watch of these complete tossers those that backed them..and there are those that do back this plan....will have blood on their hands too.

SunZoomSpark

my first reaction was to go to Northmapton and stay outside..... but i can only see that going one way...quite badly...maybe get the headlines.....

I am sure what needs to happen now is a mass gathering......memorial park or something.....at the same times as the game....

Sky Blues

We have other Midlands clubs whose games we can go to instead.

Interesting idea. If Coventry fans turned up en mass to a different Midlands club each time Coventry is playing in Northampton, I wonder who would pay for the inevitable extra costs of policing three different teams supporters being in one place? I am not suggesting our fans or those of any other club would cause trouble, just thinking that West Midlands Police would surely decide to allocate extra resources to a match if they knew a third set of fans would be there and would want to recoup that cost from someone.

NorthernWisdom

will have blood on their hands too.

Emotive unhelpful rhetoric, when if the club *does* come back it could equally be argued that it's their money keeping it alive to come back, and it is anybody who does not go who kills it.

It would be equally unhelpful to say it the other way round however, as some will not go.

I have already said I stopped going, I withdrew my financial support after all, but if the club dies it could be said *I* will have blood on *my* hands for that reason and yes I am aware of the consequences; no money and the club dies. What I won't do is blame others for doing something different to me when we all need each other.

We DO NOT NEED TO BLAME EACH OTHER. That is the surefire way to ensure we *all* have blood on *all* our hands.

NorthernWisdom

Interesting idea. If Coventry fans turned up en mass to a different Midlands club each time Coventry is playing in Northampton, I wonder who would pay for the inevitable extra costs of policing three different teams supporters being in one place? I am not suggesting our fans or those of any other club would cause trouble, just thinking that West Midlands Police would surely decide to allocate extra resources to a match if they knew a third set of fans would be there and would want to recoup that cost from someone.

I see it more as a positive celebration of CCFC, we really should get away from the idea of disruption and think about how we draw attention to us and why we are special (in a good way!).

We go there, we swell their clubs' gates, we draw attention to ourselves by mingling with the fans there, we celebrate being CCFC and others see CCFC matters to us; we get support from other clubs as a result as they see how much it matters to us, and they see that despite it all our spirit remains.

It can be a happy time when there, but it'd be newsworthy if we went on tour to other grounds. Plus as numbers tailed off after a bit (which they inevitably would, is the nature of the beast) it'd be less obviously a limited number when in a wider group, than us staggering around an empty park.

ccfcway

someone has to come up with an plan that more than 3 people agree with...

Nothing is going to have any weight unless its agreed and followed !

So far we have

1) protest at FA
2) protest at SISU
3) Protest in City Centre
4) Protest at Memorial Park
5) Protest at Ricoh
6) Protest at Nuneaton
7) Protest at Northanmpton
8) Go to the 1st game and protest
9) Boycott the 1st game
10) Got to the game but dont go in
11) Go to all away games, but no home games
12) all go to the Ricoh on 1st home game and listen to the match
13) Get an old boys match on

etc etc

The Trust need a plan here, and quickly so we can all get behind it !

skyblueman

Agreed - this is something the trust CAN do - if they can't unite and draw up an action plan for effective protest then they might as well disband

SunZoomSpark

yes...one plan to rule them...must be a celebration firstly......saying we are the fans and we are together (except for those in Northampton)

Users who are viewing this thread