One Step Forward 3 back TYPICAL! (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Read Tim Fishers comments in CET

What do you think

I think he has just threatened the council and ACL again!

I think he is also trying to put pressure on them via us the fans by saying a budget will not be agreed for AT until the rent situation is sorted.

Well how are we offering Craine a contract then. How did we offer sammy a contract how are we talking to Keogh about signing an extension. All of these factors can only happen when you know your budget.

You give AT a budget and say this is the amount you can have if we cant get the rent down. If we get it down this will be increased but here is what you have to work with
initially. You need to know this as other clubs are already making moves talking to people and lining players up. We will be left with the dross again!!!!!!!!

They are playing games again. They have not learnt. They will piss the council off trying to bully them. The council will never ever sell their share. They need to go go to the council cap in hand not try and bully them.

I am very disappointed they clearly see the embargo and not giving Thorn a budget as another tactic and a tool in their box. They don't see the damage it is doing to our chances of getting back up.

If you were Cranie/Keogh would you be confident your contract will be honoured, would you like what you are seeing or would you think. Maybe not hey!!!!!

COCKS

ccfcway

Don't get the shock in this at all.

They don't care about the football team

They want the stadium, that's it

I really do admire the 1300 or so that have already given sisu their season ticket money for next season, but I can't understand why people believe anything that comes out of their mouths..

torchomatic

Ah, so I'm one of only 1300 poor souls who have renewed then? More than that went down with the Titanic.

ccfcway

Fair play to you pal

You deserve better than what is happening

Away games only for me next year again

dongonzalos

I will probably renew torch but I can't bring myself to do it just yet!

Please dont do it to the last minute. try and put a bit of pressure on SISU. They need those season ticket sales but the only time they will give the fans anything to cheer about is if they think they are not selling.

Grendel

Please dont do it to the last minute. try and put a bit of pressure on SISU. They need those season ticket sales but the only time they will give the fans anything to cheer about is if they think they are not selling.

Yep let's bankrupt the club so there is no one to support. Very long-term thinking.:facepalm:

torchomatic

[video=youtube;6Oc8GE1Nnm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oc8GE1Nnm0[/video]

dongonzalos

Yep let's bankrupt the club so there is no one to support. Very long-term thinking.:facepalm:

Thats what someone seems to be doing anyway and we have absolutely no power against them. Other than hold back our money until they start delivering the promises they are making. They have promised AT a budget. We should hold back our money till they deliver it. Also make it clear that is why the money is held back.

What exactly is your suggestion for trying to get SISU to do the right thing Duffy?

torchomatic

Exactly! It's madness. If I want to renew and support my team then I shall. There seems to be an attitude that if you renew then you are somehow being a traitor to the cause. I want a team to support, so I hope my £300 odd helps.

<waits for the "thing is, Torch" replies>

torchomatic

If all season ticket holders held back their money then there would be only ONE outcome. And not a nice one. I'll support my team and won't be made to feel guilty about it. Of course, you do what your conscience tells you to.

Thats what someone seems to be doing anyway and we have absolutely no power against them. Other than hold back our money until they start delivering the promises they are making. They have promised AT a budget. We should hold back our money till they deliver it. Also make it clear that is why the money is held back.

What exactly is your suggestion for trying to get SISU to do the right thing Duffy?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Coventry City withhold Ricoh Arena rent for second month - title

“This isn’t a case of us saying ‘we’re not paying it’ TF............... errr yes it is

The discussions are holding up plans for next season as manager Andy Thorn’s playing budget is dependent on the club establishing its income. ,........... why? either the budget is there or it is not

Someone please explain to me why ACL have to slash the rent (the CT seem to think a figure like Ipswichs £112k is appropriate) and then also surrender its income streams to CCFC for nothing. What annual benefit to ACL is there if it has no income, how does ACL pay its staff and liabilities?

There is a concerted media campaign going on by CCFC and SISU - all concerned need to be very careful. As TF said this is not about the rent - this is about the very future of the stadium..... SISU want it and they want it for nothing

dongonzalos

I understand that once you have invested your £300 you will be desperate for others to do the same Torch.
You love the club and you love the whole Saturday experience, it is awesome.
However now you have invested you are desperate for others to do the same for 2 reasons
1) You think the more that do your experience will be better next season and you think that putting your £300 in along with others will turn the club around
2) you dont want to feel that you have made a mistake and wasted your money

However did you feel you got what was promised to you when you spent your £300 last season. Were you lied to. Did you commit your money in good honesty and then get fleeced like a New York Street card con man.

SISU are doing exactly the same thing they are verbally promising stuff and not delivering.

They depend on the fact that we believe whta we want to happen. I am desperate for them to sign Keogh on an extension and would love them to sign Cranie. I would love them to give AT a new budget. I want to believe it. However once I have been burnt I learn.

What they are doing to you and the other 1300 id bang out of order and immoral.

They are ruthless business people the only thing they listen to is money.

They are holding money back from the council in order to try and force them to do as they wish

This is our only weapon against them. If you hold money back from them. They will look at it and think right we need to spend a little to get a lot. Then you will have actually achieved something for your club.

I cannot see any other tactic that the fans have.

I totally understand why you have bought your ticket I feel for you, but I think anyone else who is like you and will buy one no matter how SISU take the piss out of you. Then you should at least hold out as long as you can before buying it

TheRoyalScam

It reminds me of an endgame in chess. SISU only have a pawn left (the ARVO charge on CCFC assets) yet persist in threatening ACL/Higgs/CCCouncil.

Brighton Sky Blue

If all season ticket holders held back their money then there would be only ONE outcome. And not a nice one. I'll support my team and won't be made to feel guilty about it. Of course, you do what your conscience tells you to.

Take my hat off to you for still forking out the money on it Torch-and indeed I respect anyone who can still stomach paying out for it. For me though, it's simply too much to ask for to watch them kill the club-Southampton was the last for me with these people in charge. As I said though, I genuinely respect others still paying out for it; you aren't 'traitors'.

Brighton Sky Blue

It reminds me of an endgame in chess. SISU only have a pawn left (the ARVO charge on CCFC assets) yet persist in threatening ACL/Higgs/CCCouncil.

And if that pawn gets promoted, we're screwed. Unless it's an a or h-file pawn, in which case we could force stalemate (probably overthinking the analogy).

psgm1

Banned
Sisu Bankrupted the club LONG ago!

There will ALWAYS be a club - even if it means doing a wimbledon! Short term thinking is buying season tickets in a panic to ensure SISU stay! SISU are scaremongering AGAIN

You are assuming SISU will give the money to the manager - have you learnt nothing?
ANY season ticket money is going to be taken from the club by SISU through one of the myriad of companies they own.

SISU are laughing at the trusting souls. IF they do liquidate the club, then they are as bad as the con men who steal pensioners savings in my book. They have ALREADY ensured they are the prime creditors if/when the club does go bust!

SOTO

TheRoyalScam

And if that pawn gets promoted, we're screwed. Unless it's an a or h-file pawn, in which case we could force stalemate (probably overthinking the analogy).

We've got a queen (The Ricoh) which will eat the pawn for fun before checkmate.

dongonzalos

Torch, I don't think you should feel guilty at all. I think SISU should. I admire you massively as a fan and find it Immoral that SISU are IMO opinion taking advantage of you and all loyal fans like you.

My conscience will be fine it someone came up to me in the street and said "give me a £300 for this laptop" and I handed them the money. Then when I got home opened the bag and the laptop was not in there. The next time someone approached me in the street I would say let me see the laptop first.
I think that is common sense lets see them give AT a budget first then buy the product.

You maybe happy to buy your season ticket with the current squad and all of the players that are about to leave.

You maybe happy to pay £300 for another relegation battle.

However there are plenty out there who want to see investment first and do not want to pay for that again.

I think that by holding back SISU will need to do something to boost sales

Brighton Sky Blue

I see Tim Fisher as someone desperately trying to keep his salary and that is his prime incentive to keep SISU on board. He thinks fans are incapable of finding information by themselves-he is wrong.

stupot07

Sisu Bankrupted the club LONG ago!

.....so who were the people that got us in to £60m debt, sold highfield road and rented it back and got us into this unsustainable financial situation of high wages and high rent.

That all happened way before Sisu got involved.

skybluesam66

i hate sisu as much as anyone but i have renewed my season ticket

Why ?
Because who ever owns the club CCFC are my team, and they will be in what ever guise, when these owners are long gone
Yes it hurts like hell, but by not renewing I could either
a) Not go - I am not then supporting the club I love
b) Pay weekly - at a higher price and in the logic given, give even more money to SISU

Do as you choose, but if you love city then support the club - a couple of thousand season tickets (about £600k) will not really determine whether SISU stay or go

Do you think a new owner will change things
Maybe yes - but they will also primarily have a financial plan . They will be relying on the playing side to fall into place to support this . But what if it doesnt - any investor will only put money in for so long

What then Hoffman out - somebody else in

I hate football being primarily about money, and the 70s and 80s were really great years when everybody had a chance of winning something
Eufa cup really meant something, and you did not need money to challenge

unfortunately you now need money to challenge, and to survive at all.

I therefore see no reason not to buy my season ticket if I support my team -

The other option is to do what 50% of the people on this forum do . Dont go to the Ricoh and just become a keyboard warrior

torchomatic

So OK SISU have obviously not helped, but there's never any guarantee of success. I have had a season ticket for over 20 years and have I been let down and betrayed before. Yes, I have. Will I be in the future, yes I will. Will I still buy a ticket, yes I bloody will.

The only fans who buy season tickets who aren't going to face another relegation battle are probably the top six or seven clubs in the premiership. For the rest of us, that's just how it is.

I will support Coventry City regardless of what league we are in or who the owners are. That's just me, I don't expect anyone else to feel the same.

Torch, I don't think you should feel guilty at all. I think SISU should. I admire you massively as a fan and find it Immoral that SISU are IMO opinion taking advantage of you and all loyal fans like you.

My conscience will be fine it someone came up to me in the street and said "give me a £300 for this laptop" and I handed them the money. Then when I got home opened the bag and the laptop was not in there. The next time someone approached me in the street I would say let me see the laptop first.
I think that is common sense lets see them give AT a budget first then buy the product.

You maybe happy to buy your season ticket with the current squad and all of the players that are about to leave.

You maybe happy to pay £300 for another relegation battle.

However there are plenty out there who want to see investment first and do not want to pay for that again.

I think that by holding back SISU will need to do something to boost sales

Sub

so if you dont go to the ricoh arena you are a keyboard warrior and dont support the club??? what about all the fans that went to every away game dont they support the club???

stupid statement to make about the fans if people want to buy season tickets now thats fine if they dont and want to wait and see what happens thats fine to nobody should be classed as a traitor or not if they do or dont buy a season ticket:facepalm::facepalm:

skybluesam66

re the debt

Bobby Gould 1994 - we were £1.5m in debt and about to sell Phil Babb to liverpool for £3m to cover this
Bryan Richardson 2001 - When I left, the club had a 7.5m overdraft
Ray Ranson - 2009 - this club is debt free, and is a model for all football clubs

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It really does bother me that it has taken 5 years for the owners of the club to realise the business model does not work. All of a sudden because we are going to League 1 the model is flawed ........... really ???? and the reason is because ACL fleece the club of rent and income sources ???????

The club sold the rights to income to get them through difficult financial moments so got their value. The rent is too high for a League 1 side but it has been that figure for longer than SISU have been here and is only just a problem? But read carefully as TF says “These discussions are much more than about the rent". They bought into the model, the business etc what were they doing when they made loans to CCFC - none of this is actually new

I think that the club and stadium should work together for mutual benefit but it isnt for ACL to come up with the proposals surely? ACL has viable alternative income streams away from football with established long term supply contracts to service it. Which ever way that you look at it SISU/CCFC have to come up with payment for that value not expect it for free.

There is a lot of classic agressive takeover PR going on here ....... can not believe how the CT and others are falling for it

I am beginning to think it would be better to start again with a clean slate ....... from the words coming out of CCFC that might well be the better long term bet for ACL but more importantly the fans. But then i might be just annoyed by it all and not thinking clearly !

torchomatic

Sub

sub - so everybody follows you . zero revenue , certain relegation and liquidation

good idea:claping hands:

why follow me ??do you know if i have a season ticket? no, all i am saying is that fans that dont go to home games are no less important than fans that go to home games!!! but to many people what to throw accusations and names at people because they choose to buy a season ticket or not :facepalm::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread