One of those true 'where were you when...' moments (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

I know this isn't CCFC related but didn't want this thread to get lost on a lesser used area of the forum. It's a sad sad day. RIP and most of all thank you Nelson

shy_tall_knight

I remember the day he was released it was a Sunday watched it on TV before heading to Forest for the first leg of the league cup semi lost 2-1.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes very sad but expected. Nelson is a true inspiration.

I remember where I was when he was released from prison. I was staying in Nottingham before league cup semi v Forest.
In a nightclub I asked for "Free Nelson Mandela" record. The DJ to his shame said "we dont play that sort of thing here".

Nelson thank you.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

I remember the day he was released it was a Sunday watched it on TV before heading to Forest for the first leg of the league cup semi lost 2-1.

Yes very sad but expected. Nelson is a true inspiration.

I remember where I was when he was released from prison. I was staying in Nottingham before league cup semi v Forest.
In a nightclub I asked for "Free Nelson Mandela" record. The DJ to his shame said "we dont play that sort of thing here".

Nelson thank you.

This says it all!

ccfcway

sad, truely sad, but at 95, its hardly a shock.

I know I shouldn't compare, but its not like when Michael Jackson died, a complete shock

Grendel

sad, truely sad, but at 95, its hardly a shock.

I know I shouldn't compare, but its not like when Michael Jackson died, a complete shock

That's a very odd comparison. Surely you should save that one for when Garry glitter pops his clogs.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Remember going to University in the 70's and wondering who this guy was, that the "Mandela Bar" in the Students' Union was named after.

An amazing inspirational man.

RIP.

turlykerd

Busters nightclub "free Nelson mandela" by Specials AKA, they didn't play michael jackson at busters.

busters lol I remember it well

there is a bar here called busters but its a red neck racist bar

nelson ... Was a legend , inspiration and a modern day saint... We've all lost a good one there

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Gosh Busters that was some place in its day.

I visited Nelsons house in Soweto and the anti apartheid museum. Shocking regime.

An incredibly dignified man to led the country afterwards without taking reprisals against his "enemies".

ccfcway

Well what a wonderfull comparison:facepalm:

it was a "where were you" comparison. I wont be likley to remember tonight and how shocked I was, compared to when i found out about Jacko. Perhaps I worded it wrong, I wasn't saying they were equally worthy, just responding to the OP "where were you" comment

Samo

IMO one of the finest human beings ever to have drawn breath. RIP

Not being funny but who is he as he was 95 guess he was a legend sky blue player long before my time thought i knew all our legends but sorry for missing nelson, anyway thanks nelson sure you was a TRUE sky blue LEGEND R.I.P

fernandopartridge

RIP. The only thing for me is the nauseating patronising drivel we'll get from modern day politicians who aren't fit to lace his boots.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I guess I'm a cynical old bastard, but I just can't get all morose about it. He was 95! Not exactly unexpected was it? And it's a shame about his pet dog, Rip, as well.

ajsccfc

Like the obituaries, the jokes would have been sat in the 'pending' pile waiting for today.

Hobo

An inspirstional man

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread