One loan, one Permanant ! (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

We were told in the week there would be 2 in soon, a winger and a centre-forward, one loan, one permanent. Well it looks like we have our winger, a loan, so who could the centre-forward be who could well be permanent. Old Mowbray moves like the Scarlet Pimpernel i reckon this striker will be someone nobody has mentioned too.

chiefdave

There's always a chance they could have been lining up a permanent move for Samuel if he ended up surplus to requirements but obviously his injury will prevent that happening quickly.

chiefdave

Do we know how bad that injury is ?

Reading assistant manager Kevin Keen has insisted that it is still too soon to predict the seriousness of Dominic Samuel's injury setback.
The 21-year-old appeared to twist his knee in the Royals' 1-0 victory over Colchester United in the League Cup.
Samuel, a reported target for Coventry City following a successful loan spell at the Ricoh Arena, is feared to have torn the cruciate ligament in his knee.
If that is the case then the youngster is likely to miss the remainder of the campaign, but Keen says that the club will wait for scan results before revealing the full extent of the damage.
"Hopefully it's nowhere near as bad as that," he is quoted as saying by GetReading.co.uk. "Fingers crossed he is OK. It's just too early to tell.
"He just felt something in his knee so we'll have it scanned and see where we go from there. It's a shame because he's been electric in pre-season and scored goals on loan at Coventry."
Samuel, capped three times for England at Under-19s level, has previously spent time on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge, Colchester United and most recently Coventry.

rupert_bear

Although Mowbray was talking only the other day after Samuel's injury about a new centre-forward so it wasn't him he was on about

CJ_covblaze

Horrible injury. The end or the beginning of for some.

Skyblueweeman

A long shot but what about Kyle Lafferty? As a paddy of the Northern variety I'd take him as the big target man but he's not prolific. Would be the Heskey to the Owen.

I actually know his agent through work and said agent is also Flecks agent.

Spoke to a colleague who is a Norwich fan and has a bit of involvement with the club and he said the lad we have just brought in on the season long loan is a good prospect and I'll like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Whoever it is, our squad's looking about as balanced as I can ever remember when it's finished:

Burge - Charles-Cook
Willis - Phillips - Kelly-Evans
Ricketts - Harries
Reda - Martin
Stokes - Haynes
Murphy - O'Brien - Kelly Evans
Vincelot - Morris - Lawton
Fleck - C Thomas - Finch
Lamieras - Swanson
New ST - Tudgay - G Thomas
Armstrong - Maddison

Obviously, that's not intended to suggest formation or first team, just give an idea.

The odd position where the cover isn't great or is a bit young, but decent players across the board and a good chunk of very decent reserves, plus lots of players who can play in several positions. TM's done a great job so far.

Last edited:

Otis

Whoever it is, our squad's looking about as balanced as I can ever remember when it's finished:

Burge - Charles-Cook
Willis - Phillips - Kelly-Evans
Ricketts - Harries
Reda - Martin
Stokes - Haynes
Murphy - O'Brien - Kelly Evans
Vincelot - Morris - Lawton
Fleck - C Thomas - Finch
Lamieras - Swanson
New ST - Tudgay - G Thomas
Armstrong - Maddison

Obviously, that's not intended to suggest formation or first team, just give an idea.

The odd position where the cover isn't great or is a bit young, but decent players across the board and a good chunk of very decent reserves, plus lots of players who can play in several positions. TM's done a great job so far.

Harries still untested at senior level, so that is a worry. Lawton? Not ready is he? Didn't TM say as much? and Finch? Haven't most people been saying send him out on loan because he is nowhere good enough?

Still looks very thin to me. 2 or 3 key injuries and we are going to be struggling.

Users who are viewing this thread