One Last Hope (1 Viewer)

I believe The Football League have not yet given their approval of the deal with Optimum Entertainment Group. There has been no official confirmation by The Football League and i heard on the radio tonight that The Football League are yet to give their official approval for the deal to go through. I cant see them saying no, simply because they're a bunch of lazy pricks who would rather do the quick thing than the right thing, but i for one still have 1 last glimmer of hope. Until The FL give Optimum their official approval, im not giving up. I may be clutching at straws here, but its all we have left when the bastards have taken everything else

wingy

I believe The Football League have not yet given their approval of the deal with Optimum Entertainment Group. There has been no official confirmation by The Football League and i heard on the radio tonight that The Football League are yet to give their official approval for the deal to go through. I cant see them saying no, simply because they're a bunch of lazy pricks who would rather do the quick thing than the right thing, but i for one still have 1 last glimmer of hope. Until The FL give Optimum their official approval, im not giving up. I may be clutching at straws here, but its all we have left when the bastards have taken everything else

Todays statement was Heavy in Headline PR Liam .It Is an attempt to change opinion ,the reality is as told yesterday that this has at least 7-8 weeks to run and reeks a little of Panic.:)

Todays statement was Heavy in Headline PR Liam .It Is an attempt to change opinion ,the reality is as told yesterday that this has at least 7-8 weeks to run and reeks a little of Panic.:)

I dont think people understand that they're fucking with people's lives here. We've all supported CCFC since the second we were born. OUR club means the world to us. They dont give 2 shits about us. As far as The FL and SISU are concerned, we're just the twats who fill the ground and pay the bills, they dont care what we think and they bloody well should do. I for one am sick and tired of being treated like shit. The only people who same to listen to us are fans who have been in the same situation. I just wish someone would take us into consideration

Houdi

Not sure today's news has changed that much.PA had already made it crystal clear that Otium were his preferred option.Presently both Walsall and Birmingham officials have publically stated that they don't want a groundshare.Presently there is no indication that Fisher has yet got his groundshare,and certainly Walsall should be aware that any groundshare,will be unpopular with their own fans.
Plus despite all Fisher's bluster,no one anywhere has seemingly found a scintilla of evidence that he is seriously pursuing land for a new stadium--if he is, then he has done so without a single shred of evidence leaking. The FL would have to do an awful lot of explaining,if it gave SISU the golden share without the club having a secure groundshare and no real plans for a new stadium.

Last edited:

dadgad

The FL will have to justify their decision.
If they award Sisu the GS without any guarantees of stadium purchase/design AND ground share then they will have failed in every sense.
They have an obligation to call this correctly and cannot afford to get this wrong. They know what is at stake.

SkyblueBazza

The FL will have to justify their decision.
If they award Sisu the GS without any guarantees of stadium purchase/design AND ground share then they will have failed in every sense.
They have an obligation to call this correctly and cannot afford to get this wrong. They know what is at stake.

Justify to who?
I think they have probably taken advice given the Government's threat to get involved if they fail to get their act together. The advice was probably something along the lines of..."You know neither what you are doing, nor what you should be doing - in fact the only way to put your own house in order is going to cost an absolute fortune in consultancy fees...& you will probably dither about & be so shit scared...your best option is probably to do nothing whatsoever. The government will then step-in, do it all for you, & you can forever more lay claim to any decisions you make being in accordance with Government rules - & direct moaners to go moan at the Government if they don't like it".

wingy

Justify to who?
I think they have probably taken advice given the Government's threat to get involved if they fail to get their act together. The advice was probably something along the lines of..."You know neither what you are doing, nor what you should be doing - in fact the only way to put your own house in order is going to cost an absolute fortune in consultancy fees...& you will probably dither about & be so shit scared...your best option is probably to do nothing whatsoever. The government will then step-in, do it all for you, & you can forever more lay claim to any decisions you make being in accordance with Government rules - & direct moaners to go moan at the Government if they don't like it".

It will have to come down to this.

there hasnt really been anything from the football league though

ajsccfc

help_me_obi_wan.jpg

letsallsingtogether

To be fair the FL did stand up for Portsmouth when their fans were not happy with the Administrators decision?
That was only a few months ago so why should this be any different.

wingy

More Government governance in football.
It's a a grizzlie prospect.
They have made warnings , will they act??
Especially where the Ground becomes separated from the Club.They see those as community assets that should return to fangroups , if they can be aidied in getting the finance in place.

Maybe a possibility here going forward for the Trust ,especially if ACL get Shafted by you know who.:thinking about::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread