One last chance (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Hi good to have you along on the Sky Blue journey.....Can you just confirm please- the link to your Swedish website re CCFC names Ron Atkinson as "Tanker"... that's not a typo is it...;)

deanocity3

You have the history of the club,the city and the stadiums in the left column....all in swedish though

if you google it,you'll get a translation bar appear just click on translate and it changes into english
except for Nillson,hedman and the bloke who changes his name from Thomas Gussaffson.

TheRoyalScam

I am. As long as I am my seat at 3pm at the Ricoh on the opening day of the season I couldn't care less about ACL or its employees. Why should I?

Because either a) you have no moral compass.

or b) you are in fact a seat ('As long as I am my seat').

Probably both.

torchomatic

Now for me that's bollocks. All this "lack of morals" and "no moral compass" crap. It's football.

If it was about lack of morals, etc then none of us would drive a car, buy clothes from retailers, buy food from supermarkets. We'd not do anything. Every single minute of every day of our lives we could be accused of lacking morals. Throwing that in someone's face over going to see their football team is shitty. If you want to moan about lack of morals then go and protest outside Primark.

Because either a) you have no moral compass.

or b) you are in fact a seat ('As long as I am my seat').

Probably both.

torchomatic

Yep. And what makes my moral compass dodgy when I sit down to watch the team I've supported for 40 years at 3pm on a Saturday?

Where did I use the words 'lack of morals'?

Do you understand what 'moral compass' means? (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/moral-compass)

'It's Football.' - so you're with Grenduffy then - as long as you're in your seat at 3.00 on a Saturday at the Ricoh everything's rosy in your little football-bubble garden.

Grendel

TheRoyalScam

Where was your compass when we didn't pay for Leon best but still played him? Still pointing to the Ricoh no doubt.

Probably pointing in a similar direction to the one when we signed the misogynist recidivist Marlon King - oops, forgot: 'It's football.'

Grendel

Probably pointing in a similar direction to the one when we signed the misogynist recidivist Marlon King - oops, forgot: 'It's football.'

So did you express similar moral indignation when we refused payments before or not?

TheRoyalScam

Yep. And what makes my moral compass dodgy when I sit down to watch the team I've supported for 40 years at 3pm on a Saturday?

Nothing dodgy with wanting to support your team - however there's a problem when the team's owners haven't paid the rent for your seat, and have tried to distress the company running the stadium you're sitting in to get it on the cheap. Do you really want SISU to own/control the Ricoh? Remember that my beef is with Grenduffy's statement: '...I couldn't care less about ACL or its employees.'

TheRoyalScam

So did you express similar moral indignation when we refused payments before or not?

I certainly would not have been happy - I think you'd need to remind me of the exact circumstances re: Leon Best. And your point is?

Grendel

Nothing dodgy with wanting to support your team - however there's a problem when the team's owners haven't paid the rent for your seat, and have tried to distress the company running the stadium you're sitting in to get it on the cheap. Do you really want SISU to own/control the Ricoh? Remember that my beef is with Grenduffy's statement: '...I couldn't care less about ACL or its employees.'

As you no doubt couldn't care about any cash flow implications and subsequent consequences when Southampton and other creditors were refused payment pre sisu.

Grendel

I certainly would not have been happy - I think you'd need to remind me of the exact circumstances re: Leon Best. And your point is?

Oh it's that your selective on moral grounds. Don't pay
Transfer fees pre sisu no problem. Now don't pay ACL big problem.

Grendel

I don't think so.

And your point is?

Ah bit of selective memory and refusing to answer the question - though of course you have answered it.

No doubt you went to the same universtity of ethics as Rupert the Clown who after constantly attacking sisu for its lack of ethics brags he avoids paying tax totally oblivious to the drain that puts on all decent people who adhere to the system.

Mucca Mad Boys

The council got the RICOH on the cheap and won't sell for market value, they want was it? North of 30m for 50%? When they acquired a stadium that's worth 113m stadium for 2m, whilst, by the time we'd be in a position to pay that (without factoring in that the price could go up by then, perhaps because the CCC don't want to sell), ACL may have paid off they loan and started making profit for themselves, and who knows where that money goes, but I wouldn't bet on it going on the City of Coventry or the deprived folk of the city either. Also, the Higgs are selling at 10m, profit on their initial outlay, I wouldn't really have a problem if it were some private corporation (well, I would because I object to those kind of companies being involved in the stadium) because that's what I'd expect, but not from a non-profit organisation such as the Higgs, it isn't satisfactory and they have also took advantage of the situation, they got a 50% share in a 113m stadium for 6m, how does that make for feel? It makes me feel angry and resentful.

To add to our misery, CCFC had a 1.28m p/a rent imposed on them (because of the buffoon that is McGinnity) and we got 0% of match day revenues, which ACL have sold to a 3rd party, we weren't given a chance and in hindsight, I can't see how relegation wasn't inevitable, with or without SISU.

The fact is, both parties that make ACL have benefitted from the club's plight, taking advantage of us, that is morally wrong, since you want to take the moral high ground, and I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them.

Mucca Mad Boys

Ah bit of selective memory and refusing to answer the question - though of course you have answered it.

No doubt you went to the same universtity of ethics as Rupert the Clown who after constantly attacking sisu for its lack of ethics brags he avoids paying tax totally oblivious to the drain that puts on all decent people who adhere to the system.

Some people on here have a very skewed sense of morality.

Brighton Sky Blue

Lest we forget 'contracts are there to be broken', Grendo.

TheRoyalScam

For your information I went to a university, not a 'universtity'.
It wasn't a 'universtity of ethics', and I don't recall meeting Rupert the Clown there either.
I've always paid all my taxes.

When you make statements like 'As long as I am my seat at 3pm at the Ricoh on the opening day of the season I couldn't care less about ACL or its employees.' on a forum, then it's my prerogative to criticize what I consider to be a crass and selfish viewpoint.

You stick to your morals, and I'll stick to mine.

skybluericoh

just sent to the FL

I understand that there is a meeting coming up at which the purchase of CCFC Ltd by a company that has very strong link to SISU capital, a company that has very strong links with the company that placed the club into Administration in March this year. I plead with you as a supporter of the Sky Blues for over 40 years, to consider very cafefully whether they are 'fit and proper' to run a football club.

I fully understand and agree that football clubs must be ran with sound financial rules and that in general, not just Coventry City, but a great many football clubs have been ran with very poor financial rules. It is not just this that I hope you take into consideration, but the following that the club have failed in. All football clubs are part of the community in which they are located in, that is where the history and foundations were born and where they need to stay. The current owners were in dispute with the landlords over the tenancy agreement that had been signed by the club before they took control. A takeover that with hindsight was very aggressive in that they demanded they have every share, all share holders, whether previous directors or fans holding just one share for prosperity, had to hand them over or they would pull out. The football club started to with hold the rent this year, some might think to try and distress ACL, but negotiations were entered into. The company that owns the ground agreed to reduce the rent, and have tried to accommodate the club, but the club still wanted more and threatened to liquidate the football club. This is when Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL) the landlords acted, by issuing court orders to prevent the liquidation. SISU then pre-empted by having one of their subsidiary's placing CCFC ltd into Admin the day before ACL's court action.

Tim Fisher acting on behalf of CCFC holding, who was threading to liquidate the club has since been telling the supporters that he will be taking CCFC out of Coventry to play at a venue 'within 30 miles of Coventry' for 3 years while they build a new ground 'in the Coventry Area' and that he has been in talks with the football league. He has changed his story with the local media more than once. Saying that he would move the Jimmy Hill statue to the new ground together with the fans memorial garden and fans bricks in the walls of fame at the Ricoh only to back track. He said he would Liquidate the club. He has held 'fans forums' as part of a consultation, one of which I attended, but in which he failed to answer questions in a way that satisfied many if any of the fans there. If the club is allowed to play outside of Coventry Tim Fishers estimate of the following is approx 3000. From what I have seen and heard from the supporters I know, I think that if 1000 turned up they would be lucky.

If you ratify the sale that has been proposed and allow them to take the club out of Coventry I fear that you will be hammering another nail into the coffin of the club that means so much to me and many other supporters. There were other bids for the club and I employe you to ensure that these have been given the true scrutiny that they deserve, and if the presented bid is accepted then it should be on condition that CCFC Ltd/Holdings or whatever other company they set up plays all games within the City of Coventry, and should they not be playing there then the Golden share will be removed with immediate effect.

I know it wont do any good but hey if it fills up their in box for a while

TheRoyalScam

The council got the RICOH on the cheap and won't sell for market value, they want was it? North of 30m for 50%? When they acquired a stadium that's worth 113m stadium for 2m, whilst, by the time we'd be in a position to pay that (without factoring in that the price could go up by then, perhaps because the CCC don't want to sell), ACL may have paid off they loan and started making profit for themselves, and who knows where that money goes, but I wouldn't bet on it going on the City of Coventry or the deprived folk of the city either. Also, the Higgs are selling at 10m, profit on their initial outlay, I wouldn't really have a problem if it were some private corporation (well, I would because I object to those kind of companies being involved in the stadium) because that's what I'd expect, but not from a non-profit organisation such as the Higgs, it isn't satisfactory and they have also took advantage of the situation, they got a 50% share in a 113m stadium for 6m, how does that make for feel? It makes me feel angry and resentful.

To add to our misery, CCFC had a 1.28m p/a rent imposed on them (because of the buffoon that is McGinnity) and we got 0% of match day revenues, which ACL have sold to a 3rd party, we weren't given a chance and in hindsight, I can't see how relegation wasn't inevitable, with or without SISU.

The fact is, both parties that make ACL have benefitted from the club's plight, taking advantage of us, that is morally wrong, since you want to take the moral high ground, and I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them.

There is so much wrong with this factually (you think the council acquired the £113m Ricoh for £2m:facepalm:, and you believe Higgs has 'a 50% share in a 113m stadium for 6m' - no they don't: they have a 50% stake in ACL).

There is also so much wrong grammatically (phrases like 'won't sell for market value, they want was it?' and your seven clause (!) final sentence which ends with the immortal phrase '...I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them.')

I'm interested that when you're criticizing the Higgs you state: 'I wouldn't really have a problem if it were some private corporation (well, I would because I object to those kind of companies being involved in the stadium)' - could I just ask you what you think SISU's myriad companies are if they're not 'private companies'?

Also would you explain what you think would have happened if CCCouncil and the Higgs hadn't baled out the basket case that is CCFC when they ran out of funds to complete the Ricoh?

torchomatic

There is so much wrong with this factually (you think the council acquired the £113m Ricoh for £2m:facepalm:, and you believe Higgs has 'a 50% share in a 113m stadium for 6m' - no they don't: they have a 50% stake in ACL).

There is also so much wrong grammatically (phrases like 'won't sell for market value, they want was it?' and your seven clause (!) final sentence which ends with the immortal phrase '...I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them.')

I'm interested that when you're criticizing the Higgs you state: 'I wouldn't really have a problem if it were some private corporation (well, I would because I object to those kind of companies being involved in the stadium)' - could I just ask you what you think SISU's myriad companies are if they're not 'private companies'?

Also would you explain what you think would have happened if CCCouncil and the Higgs hadn't baled out the basket case that is CCFC when they ran out of funds to complete the Ricoh?

Why the obsession with spelling and grammar?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

What's the obsession with spelling and grammar?

It's not an obsession. I just prefer it when I can understand what people are trying to say. If they don't have the courtesy to check what they've written before posting, then their errors are fair game.

Perhaps you could explain what SB_Taylor's on about when he comes out with 'won't sell for market value, they want was it?' and '...I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them.'

Grendel

Why the obsession with spelling and grammar?

It's a good diversion so you don't have to answer a question.

torchomatic

It's not an obsession. I just prefer it when I can understand what people are trying to say. If they don't have the courtesy to check what they've written before posting, then their errors are fair game.

Perhaps you could explain what SB_Taylor's on about when he comes out with 'won't sell for market value, they want was it?' and '...I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them.'

Having a go at someone's opinions or facts is fine; that's debate, but it's more than that. If you don't understand them, then again fair enough and I would tend to agree, but earlier you highlighted 'universtity' rather than 'university'. That's nothing to do with lack of understanding, is it?

Mucca Mad Boys

Had the RICOH project failed we would've rented HR, contingency plans sorted out by Sir Higgs himself, so no, had they not stepped, we'd possibly still be in HR, maybe even brought it back (possibly). The CCC and Higgs aren't no messiahs and have benefitted a lot from our position.

It's well documented, that the net amount of money the CCC contributed to the construction is around 2m, ask Summerisle and ferret who argued about this on another thread, at a push, someone said £10m, even so, for a £113m stadium is a pretty good damn deal!

Higgs got 50% of ACL for 6m, ACL manages the RICOH, they own it (if they don't, who does!?) therefore, when the Higgs brought that share, they brought 50% of the ground.

Of course I know SISU etc. are private companies, my problem is that the CCC and the Higgs are acting like private companies (under the name of ACL), yet, they aren't, they are meant to be supportive bodies there to help people, their actions are anything but helpful, what's especially annoying is when people use the phrase 'poor old council and charity', if it were a private company, I'd expect them to be more aggressive in collecting rent and to be less helpful, whereas ACL have, tbf, been non-aggressive in collecting rent, but they haven't been particularly helpful, they haven't acted in the manner of a 'poor old charity and council'.

Now, I apologise for some miss phrases, I feel like shit today and sometimes when I post I make a phrase, but don't like it, then change it, but I must've forgot to rephrase/delete some words that make it difficult to read.

The phrases were meant to be:

- 'won't sell for market value, they want was it?' = 'won't sell for market value, that's not what they want?' - pretty bad one.
- ...I think it's fair to say, I got what's been coming to them. = ...I think it's fair to say, they got what's been coming to them - you were a bit awkward here.

Sba180

For the younger generations yes, never liked Hedman much, always thought Antonelius (who changed his name to Gustafsson while in cov) would make an impact in cov as he played well in the national team but only Nilsson could really cut it.

i thought it was Gustafsson changed his name to Antonelius?

cloughie

So much infactual claptrap regardless of whatever veiw one takes

Mucca Mad Boys

So much infactual claptrap regardless of whatever veiw one takes

You're all talk, what have you got that refutes this?

- Net money CCC put into construction of the RICOH is 2m, or some say 10m (either way, still 103m under what it actually cost to construct the RICOH), and used the money from the Tesco deal (that CCFC brokered) to complete the construction - fact. CCFC did the groundwork for the construction and CCC took over at minimum cost and people like you have brought into this myth that CCC are some messiahs.
- Higgs brought our share in ACL for 6m - fact.
- The formula for buying back our share (valid until 2015) is around 10m, depending on inflation, but ACL are still making a profit on their outlay - fact.

Last edited:

cloughie

You're all talk, what have you got that refutes this?

Higgs brought our share in ACL for 6m - fact.
The formula for buying back our share (valid until 2015) is around 10m, depending on inflation, but ACL are still making a profit on their outlay - fact.

I do believe if I had invested 6million quid in a reasonably safe interest account After so many years I may have accrued a reasonable amount of interest over and above the local high street bank level

Unless I were Sisu and then I would charge a exagerated payday loan interest rate to the football club

Hey but thats okay by some

Users who are viewing this thread