One funny moment from the game yesterday (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sky had their reporter at the game yesterday and he was clearly an ex player, but I had no idea who he was. Sort of looked familar but I couldn't quite place him.

Anyway, at half-time a couple of teenage lads went up to him on the TV gantry and asked for his autograph and then had their photo taken with him.

When they went back to their seats I could see the guy who was in the row in front these lads was also staring at this celebrity with a puzzled look on his face and it seemed very apparent that he couldn't work out which player it was either.

As the lads re-took their seats this bloke in front turned to them and asked, 'Who is he?"

To which came the reply, 'No idea.'

These lads had no idea whatsoever who he was but just assumed he was a celebrity and got his autograph and his photo!! :facepalm:

WillieStanley

Brilliant!!

That reminds me of my friends brother who was at a skate park. Remember "Busted"? Well they were recording a music video there, with all their stunt doubles on the half pipes. With this, and the fact that they were in Busted, a hoard of abuse came their way, thrown cans and rubish, as well as verbal taunts.

After they'd wrapped up, all these skater kids ran up to them and had their pictures taken and got their skateboards signed!!

This country!!

gary_ccfcforever

they apparently also said on sky.. 'City just dont look like scoring... oh they've just scored' as cody nodded in the 1st :claping hands:

Otis

In the same sort of vein, this morning I was watching the extras and special features from the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 DVD with my daughter. On the DVD was a documentary about filming the last ever scenes and the very last scene of the film for anyone who knows is obviously when the 3 main characters are 19 years older and have kids of their own.

With this in mind and the production team not wanting to give away anything, the three main actors, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint were herded towards the final shoot location in costume and make-up with blankets over their heads so as not to give anything away to the wating public.

As they were rushed through people were running alongside videoing and taken photos even though you couldn't see under the blankets and basically there was nothing to see. On this documentary there is this one woman there, I guess somewhere between 18 -22 and she has a big grin on her face as she runs alongside videoing the 3 actors. She obviously couldn't hide her delight at ..... well ..... at having a video of some bloke with a blanket over his head I suppose.

Anyway, the 3 actors board a train out of public gaze and off come the blankets to reveal the actors to be complete fakes and just be members of the production crew, who didn't even look like any of the 3 stars anyway. They were merely there to throw the press and followers off the scent while the 3 real actors were whisked off elsewhere for the real shoot.

Certainly made me smile thinking this bird now has to live the rest of her life being constantly viewed and remembered as the fool who videoed some complete unknown prop hand like she had won the lottery!

Priceless!! :claping hands:

Last edited:

Paxman II

People are 'celeb' nuts in this country and have always been sheep en mass with their 'hero' small minded worship.

I remember several incidents when I used to be the commentator at Stoke Speedway. (back in the day) I would go on track, introduce the riders and interview them then come back and make my way through the crowd to the gantry to get in the commentary box and no end of 'fans' would want my autograph!
OK I was also a brother of one of the riders but really? Tbh I was the one embarrassed by such reaction.

In later season's just to demonstrate how silly people are when my brother then rode for the Bees with Ole Olsen and co and I was in the bar afterwards having a drink fans would ask me for an autograph knowing I was only his brother. Absolutely ridiculous.

SkyBlueMania

One of my family members used to be the doctor for team and had to wear a suit on match days. Whenever i went with him i also had to wear a suit to get in to the lounges at highfield road (used to be much stricter compared to now). We were walking from the st johns ambulance room to the dressing room around the edge of the pitch and a group of kids ran over and asked for his autograph, my relative went along with it and signed programmes and everything! They had no idea who he was, just assumed in the suit he must be important!

wingy

People are 'celeb' nuts in this country and have always been sheep en mass with their 'hero' small minded worship.

I remember several incidents when I used to be the commentator at Stoke Speedway. (back in the day) I would go on track, introduce the riders and interview them then come back and make my way through the crowd to the gantry to get in the commentary box and no end of 'fans' would want my autograph!
OK I was also a brother of one of the riders but really? Tbh I was the one embarrassed by such reaction.

In later season's just to demonstrate how silly people are when my brother then rode for the Bees with Ole Olsen and co and I was in the bar afterwards having a drink fans would ask me for an autograph knowing I was only his brother. Absolutely ridiculous.
Your brother would'nt be Tony Gillias by any chance Paxman?

Where do you sit in the ground? Is the seat next to you free for next season?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can I have your autograph? send it in the post.

Haven't looked on here since before yesterdays game so apologies for repitition.

But the funniest moment for me was the guy who brought an air horn and kept setting it off just as all Peterboroughs set pieces were about to be taken. Especially the corner right in front of block 15. Did have me chuckling.

Users who are viewing this thread