One for the Conspiracy Theorists. (1 Viewer)

SuperCov

I read in an earlier thread somebody mention that they thought SISU would do things to stop us getting back to the Championship (like selling off our best players). Which got me thinking back to last season and a Mr Mark Robins.

Do you think that just after starting to build a winning team, getting 30,000 at the Ricoh and having Sky Blue blood in him, that he would just up and leave? Or was humpty dumpty (nursery rhyme) pushed? I assume SISU would've got a payout of some sort, wouldn't they?

Do you think the same could happen to Steven Pressley?

Like I say this was just a random thought I had, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.

Play Up Sky Blues. :D

theferret

We don't need any help. SISU will sell anything they can. Last season done me when we sold our manager.

Yes you do, for the paranoid delusions that suggest SISU are desperate that we are not promoted to the Championship. This insanity is infectious it seems.

fernandopartridge

Robins fucked off because Huddersfield suited him more on a personal level. His performance at City is over stated imo. He got us playing to close to the level we should have been at but no better.

Hugh Jarse

A Fry-CCFC said, he's only won two games. I think all the negativity will get to him eventually, I suppose it's a case of how much he can take.

Robins fucked off because Huddersfield suited him more on a personal level.

Dead on Fernando. That little shit used us as a stepping stone, wiped his dirty boots all over us and fcuked off up north. I hope he falls down the stairs!:jerkit:

jesus-wept

Forget Robins, water under the bridge. I am absolutely convinced Fisher will do what he can to scupper promotion, in the championship you have to pay championship wages, he ain't gonna do that.

FRY-CCFC

you don't have to pay championship wages though look at yeovil...

the idea that the board would prevent us from going up is ludicrous as we'd receive more money

theferret

Forget Robins, water under the bridge. I am absolutely convinced Fisher will do what he can to scupper promotion, in the championship you have to pay championship wages, he ain't gonna do that.

It beggars belief that I have to share my oxygen with somebody so stupid.

Sky Blue Kid

The only thing that beggars belief is your take on this! If Fisher hadn't "Sold everything that wasn't nailed down" We wouldn't imho have been relegated. Conspiracy theories to one side, investment in playing staff would have kept us up....And don't come back with that shit about "Players brought in"...How many of them are still at CCFC???

Bill Glazier

I read in an earlier thread somebody mention that they thought SISU would do things to stop us getting back to the Championship (like selling off our best players). Which got me thinking back to last season and a Mr Mark Robins.

Do you think that just after starting to build a winning team, getting 30,000 at the Ricoh and having Sky Blue blood in him, that he would just up and leave? Or was humpty dumpty (nursery rhyme) pushed? I assume SISU would've got a payout of some sort, wouldn't they?

Like I say this was just a random thought I had, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.

Play Up Sky Blues. :D

No. I'm sure Sisu would actually be mildly pleased if we got promoted, but I can't see them doing anything much either way. They just want to keep the club alive in league 1 or 2. A living hostage is worth more than a dead one.

fernandopartridge

The only thing that beggars belief is your take on this! If Fisher hadn't "Sold everything that wasn't nailed down" We wouldn't imho have been relegated. Conspiracy theories to one side, investment in playing staff would have kept us up....And don't come back with that shit about "Players brought in"...How many of them are still at CCFC???

Who was part of this massive sell off everybody talks of?

theferret

My take on this? What, my assertion that TF wouldn't be devastated if we were promoted? Trust me, if City were promoted in this of all seasons, TF would happily skip down Northampton High Street in his pants. The fact that previous mismanagement resulted in relegation does not mean that was the aim, nor does it mean the club would not want promotion this season. It is an absurd notion quite frankly.

Samo

Robins fucked off because Huddersfield suited him more on a personal level. His performance at City is over stated imo. He got us playing to close to the level we should have been at but no better.

Dropped bloody lucky with McGoldrick IMO

hill83

My take on this? What, my assertion that TF wouldn't be devastated if we were promoted? Trust me, if City were promoted in this of all seasons, TF would happily skip down Northampton High Street in his pants. The fact that previous mismanagement resulted in relegation does not mean that was the aim, nor does it mean the club would not want promotion this season. It is an absurd notion quite frankly.

It's a fact now though. It's been said by several lunatics on here for the last 10 or so months. Don't question the forum.

theferret

He hated SHITZU and they forced him to say that. He knew what was coming but still SHITZU convinced him otherwise about the stadium rent.

I heard that Fishface had threatened to set his dog on him, and Maggot had made cut-throat gestures and threatened to give him a Chinese burn.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Hugh Jarse says....Bollocks, he left because he was a greedy little cnut who had used us until he got a better offer, pure and simple! Waggot says...."To say we are disappointed is an understatement. We gave Mark a three-year contract which we saw as a long-term appointment. Chairman Dean Hoyle(Huddersfield) says....The 43-year-old has joined Huddersfield on a rolling contract and will take charge of the team on Sunday in their FA Cup fifth round game at home to Wigan. Guaranteed 3 years contract...or....1 year rolling contract........which is better?...I think you're the one talking bollocks mate!

fernandopartridge

@ Hugh Jarse says....Bollocks, he left because he was a greedy little cnut who had used us until he got a better offer, pure and simple! Waggot says...."To say we are disappointed is an understatement. We gave Mark a three-year contract which we saw as a long-term appointment. Chairman Dean Hoyle(Huddersfield) says....The 43-year-old has joined Huddersfield on a rolling contract and will take charge of the team on Sunday in their FA Cup fifth round game at home to Wigan. Guaranteed 3 years contract...or....1 year rolling contract........which is better?...I think you're the one talking bollocks mate!

Can you provide some evidence of the big sell off overseen by Tim Fisher please?

lordsummerisle

A good conspiracy is that threads like this are created to bring mentally ill out of the woodwork so that they can be contacted, and then treated.

Samo

A good conspiracy is that threads like this are created to bring mentally ill out of the woodwork so that they can be contacted, and then treated.

I don't think it is a good conspiracy theory actually, and I should know I'm JFK

Sky Blue Kid

@fernando.................. I'll re-word my original statement, Under SISU and later under the reign of Fisher......Lukas Jutkiewicz-England to Middlesbrough 16 January 2012......£1,300,000[66] imo, the only player signed of any class...Leon Clarke. Every other player has been of a lot less quality. Hence the 1 high paid player out..2-3 lesser quality players in for a combined wage of the same or less. Show me where I'm wrong and I'll bow to your superior knowledge...Oh yes!...Since the SISU tenure, did you realise that we've been relegated?...playing outside of Coventry?..at a ground that is no better than a Sunday league pitch?...With a team(God bless 'em) the moment they come up against a team that can play, will get slaughtered?

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by lordsummerisle View Post A good conspiracy is that threads like this are created to bring mentally ill out of the woodwork so that they can be contacted, and then treated. I say...Nice to see you've come out of the woodwork!

fernandopartridge

@fernando.................. I'll re-word my original statement, Under SISU and later under the reign of Fisher......Lukas Jutkiewicz-England to Middlesbrough 16 January 2012......£1,300,000[66] imo, the only player signed of any class...Leon Clarke. Every other player has been of a lot less quality. Hence the 1 high paid player out..2-3 lesser quality players in for a combined wage of the same or less. Show me where I'm wrong and I'll bow to your superior knowledge...Oh yes!...Since the SISU tenure, did you realise that we've been relegated?...playing outside of Coventry?..at a ground that is no better than a Sunday league pitch?...With a team(God bless 'em) the moment they come up against a team that can play, will get slaughtered?

So no great sell off then, you've provided the example of one player, who admittedly was sold but replaced eventually by Leon Clarke.

Astute

So no great sell off then, you've provided the example of one player, who admittedly was sold but replaced eventually by Leon Clarke.

Please remind me of the difference in the players cost, amount of time in between selling and signing and also what happened to our club in between.

fernandopartridge

Please remind me of the difference in the players cost, amount of time in between selling and signing and also what happened to our club in between.

Was it a great sell off or not? Or was it just the very very standard Coventry City procedure of selling its better players when a good offer comes in?

Astute

Was it a great sell off or not? Or was it just the very very standard Coventry City procedure of selling its better players when a good offer comes in?

We got rid of nearly our 1st squad for as much as they could get before the season started 2 years ago. We were relegated that season. Do you remember that they were not replaced? This left us with hardly anyone good enough to sell. They have tried though. Would you like to dispute this fact? Or any of the others?

dancers lance

Exactly, we have been so awful for so long that, normal, competitive football is seen as an amazing achievement by whoever is at the helm at the time. Robins got wind of the impending doom and jumped ship, and no one can blame him.

fernandopartridge

We got rid of nearly our 1st squad for as much as they could get before the season started 2 years ago. We were relegated that season. Do you remember that they were not replaced? This left us with hardly anyone good enough to sell. They have tried though. Would you like to dispute this fact? Or any of the others?

Westwood left on a free (not sold - he left of his own accord - he should have been sold before then imo)

King left on a free (he wanted to go to Birmingham and reneged on a new deal)

Gunnarsson left on a free (he wanted to go to Cardiff and his contract was up)

I'm still waiting for evidence of the great sell off. I personally find it more galling that so many players were allowed to run down their contracts before leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread