Once You Have Accepted We Are Down (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Arent we just a winger or two away for a decent League One team ?

---------Cody-------Platt----------
-------------Sheff-----------------
---Thomas--Deegan---Baker--------
-Hussey--Wood--Cameron--Christie-
-----------Murphy-----------------

Squad

Dunn
R'OD
Clarke
Jeffers
Bell
Bigi

CUS Wyken

With a decent manager we’d be a hard team to beat in League 1... under Thorn we’d be a mid-table team at best.

torchomatic

The title of the thread should be said in a Mexican accent.

torchomatic

You've edited it, you spoil sport!

torchomatic

Well, Cody got 25 last year. However continuing to slag off the players we have left is a great idea. What a brilliant motivationalskills you have.

Yep Cody and Platt will have all League 1 defenders quaking in their boots.

Well, Cody got 25 last year. However continuing to slag off the players we have left is a great idea. What a brilliant motivationalskills you have.

yes he got them in league 2, league 1 is so difficult to get out of, look at the money huddersfield have got and even with rhodes goals are only 4th,like you say, if we keep thorn we will be mid table, ive lost all confidence in the guy, beginning to talk like strachan, in riddles and bullshit

LastGarrison

Sorry are you suggesting that my post on an internet forum is going to demotivate two professional footballers? Is that what you are saying?

ccfcway

That squad is based on losing...

McPake, Craine, Keogh, Clingan, Juke, just 5 players... we could actually lose them in the next 2 weeks, never mind in the summer.

Its painfully thin isnt it

ccfcway

With that team and the right manager, next season could do wonders for Christie, Hussey, Cameron, Deegan and Cody.

shmmeee

What makes you think Thomas and Wood will be there? Or Murphy for that matter. Platts contract is up and we haven't offered him a new one AFAIK.

It's quite possible that this is our starting squad next season, and how much do you think well be given to strengthen when they see the ST sales?

GK: Dunn, Ireland, Burge
RB: Clarke, Christie
LB: Hussey
CB: Cameron
DM:
CM: Deegan, Bell
CM: Baker, Bigi
AM: Sheffers, Ruffles
ST: Jeffers, Clarke-Harris
ST: McDonald, ROD

Expect a free signing or two to fill in the gaps, and another couple of academy promotions to go with Clarke Harris (like Willis at CB).

Expect this team to start the first game:

Dunn
Christie Willis Cameron Hussey
Deegan
Bigi Bell
Sheffers
McDonald ROD

S: Burge, Clarke, Baker, Ruffles, Jeffers

Edit: actually you might just take Christie out of there as well and put Clarke in.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Thomas didnt want to go to Liverpool, and is a proper CCFC fan, so i thought he might stay. Murphy has played in League One before and it was only us that came in for him when he was on a free last year, so I doubt anyone would pay a fee for him.

As for wood, we would look to get him off our books due to wages, but no-one came in for him last time, so perhaps he would be made club captain, as the senior player.

When we go down, Platt will be a cheap option, so i expect him to resign for a year.

shmmeee

Thomas didnt want to go to Liverpool, and is a proper CCFC fan, so i thought he might stay. Murphy has played in League One before and it was only us that came in for him when he was on a free last year, so I doubt anyone would pay a fee for him.

As for wood, we would look to get him off our books due to wages, but no-one came in for him last time, so perhaps he would be made club captain, as the senior player.

When we go down, Platt will be a cheap option, so i expect him to resign for a year.

Well Thomas did go to Liverpool, so he obviously did want to go no matter what he says. NOone can force a player to sign.

Even if he did want to stay, I'd imagine the likes of Ben Turner and even Danny Foc wanted to stay from what they've said, but the club made it clear they wanted them out.

You may be right about Murphy, but the deal for him to come was done before his contract ram down as his agent is also Westwoods agent. So likely there was no point in anyone else coming in. Scott Dann played in League 1, but if he was here now I doubt he wouldn't want to leave and Murphy didn't show much loyalty one Scunny went down.

The only one I'd give you is Platt. He's in the twilight of his career and would be unlikely to get a better offer. Woods contract is up a year from now, or 3 months from the start of next season so I'd be very surprised if we don't cash in in the summer.

I hope you are right, but we are running out of family silver and the debts will be bigger next year, so I fully expect another close season like the last one.

Edit: on phone. Apologies for typos

ccfcway

Well Thomas did go to Liverpool, so he obviously did want to go no matter what he says. NOone can force a player to sign.

Even if he did want to stay, I'd imagine the likes of Ben Turner and even Danny Foc wanted to stay from what they've said, but the club made it clear they wanted them out.

You may be right about Murphy, but the deal for him to come was done before his contract ram down as his agent is also Westwoods agent. So likely there was no point in anyone else coming in. Scott Dann played in League 1, but if he was here now I doubt he wouldn't want to leave and Murphy didn't show much loyalty one Scunny went down.

The only one I'd give you is Platt. He's in the twilight of his career and would be unlikely to get a better offer. Woods contract is up a year from now, or 3 months from the start of next season so I'd be very surprised if we don't cash in in the summer.

I hope you are right, but we are running out of family silver and the debts will be bigger next year, so I fully expect another close season like the last one.

Edit: on phone. Apologies for typos

Thomas didnt sign, thats why he is back. If he signed, he would be there now.

As for the Scott Dann played in League One, Scott was on his way up. Murphy ability wise is about where he will stay, lower champtionship., upper League One.

As fo Danny Foc, :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread