on the back of jo ,s comments is it time for new team at the ricoh (1 Viewer)

ian lollipop

just putting out there is it time to consider a new phoenix club to play at the ricoh on the back of jo seppallas interview

Hobo

Not until we are dead and buried. Want SISU out but CCFC still going despite the efforts of SISU

Nsgdm1

No ,a phoenix club would not be able to afford the Ricoh ,the best thing would be for ACL to sort something else out for the Ricoh and stop all these silly ideas

Astute

No ,a phoenix club would not be able to afford the Ricoh ,the best thing would be for ACL to sort something else out for the Ricoh and stop all these silly ideas

150k a year would be 7.5k a game if 20 games were played. 1,000 watching would be £7.50 each.

Non league clubs charge much more than £7.50 and if it took off there would be more than 1,000 at each game. And of course they could start at much lower than 150k pa until it took off.

Would it be a shock to anyone if a phoenix club got better gates than we do at Northampton if Joy keeps ripping our club apart?

Nsgdm1

Presume offer from Acl of £150000 pa was not based on crowds of 1000 more like 10000 so parking and food and beverage profits were taken in to account ,plus there would be other costs ie stewarding ,policing pitch maintenance and all other matchday costs SISU paid on top of rent ,that is before you even get to cost of actually running team ,with wages and other associated overheads .
A phoenix club by all means ,a phoenix club playing at the Ricoh ,no way just a fantasy.

Covstu

Presume offer from Acl of £150000 pa was not based on crowds of 1000 more like 10000 so parking and food and beverage profits were taken in to account ,plus there would be other costs ie stewarding ,policing pitch maintenance and all other matchday costs SISU paid on top of rent ,that is before you even get to cost of actually running team ,with wages and other associated overheads .
A phoenix club by all means ,a phoenix club playing at the Ricoh ,no way just a fantasy.

any relation to PGSM1???

RPHunt

You might think a club with an average attendance of 500 playing in a stadium that can hold over 50,000 is a fantasy, but Queens Park are living that fantasy at Hampden.

Nsgdm1

That is a totally different situation Queens Park own Hampden Park and gain revenue from it , as far as a coventry Phoenix club playing at The Ricoh goes ,if anyone who suggests it can find a backer to fund it great,or perhaps they could all club together and form a co-operative then by all means do it and I will come and give you my £7.50 per game ,but it is a fantasy that is not going to happen .

stupot07

150k a year would be 7.5k a game if 20 games were played. 1,000 watching would be £7.50 each.

Non league clubs charge much more than £7.50 and if it took off there would be more than 1,000 at each game. And of course they could start at much lower than 150k pa until it took off.

Would it be a shock to anyone if a phoenix club got better gates than we do at Northampton if Joy keeps ripping our club apart?

What about match day costs? Cleaning, stewards, utilities? We were paying £10k per game on top of rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

What about match day costs? Cleaning, stewards, utilities? We were paying £10k per game on top of rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Hypothetical Stu. If 150k was charged. If 1,000 turned up. As I also said non league charge more than £7.50. My nearest club are non league and charge about £15.

Grendel

Whose paying for the actual matchday costs and maintenance? £200,000 a year for that alone. How about rates and wages and marketing and...not really thought this through have you?

theferret

Realistically, a new club would probably have to start at a local non-league ground, or BP at a push. The alternative is that a wealthy backer would finance the club through those difficult years, but then we would be back to the club being subsidised by its owner, and surely we'd want to avoid that? All speculation of course, but I cannot see ACL offering the ground at cost, but perhaps they would.

Astute

Whose paying for the actual matchday costs and maintenance? £200,000 a year for that alone. How about rates and wages and marketing and...not really thought this through have you?

Thought about what? All I did was mention how much that would be needed from each person IF this, IF that and IF everything else just to cover rent IF it was 150k. Not saying it will happen. Saying fook all. But here you are as usual having a dig at anyone you can.

Would I go? I suppose you know the answer to that. How many would go? Suppose you know that as well. You always seem to think you know everything. Bet you are a bundle of laughs.

You really are dull Gren.

Nsgdm1

Thought about what? All I did was mention how much that would be needed from each person IF this, IF that and IF everything else just to cover rent IF it was 150k. Not saying it will happen. Saying fook all. But here you are as usual having a dig at anyone you can.

Would I go? I suppose you know the answer to that. How many would go? Suppose you know that as well. You always seem to think you know everything. Bet you are a bundle of laughs.

You really are dull Gren.

For the first time ever I must side with Grendel ,IF I only has to pay rent or morgage I could live in a mansion ,that is why at the beginning of this thread I pointed it out as ridiculous, if you or any of the other many who want to start a Phoenix club to play at the Ricoh please go ahead ,phone ACL in the morning and tell them your plan and ask them for a quote to rent the Ricoh from next season see what they say

Gary.j

I have had an initial conversation with an ACL director about the Ricoh. We didn't discuss figures, just wether or not it would be possible, the view given to me was that it could be, given the right circumstances. Things mentioned included just opening one section of the stadium,and greater voluntary fan involvement to keep costs down.

My overall impression was that he was supportive of the idea, and that we could work with them should we, as a collective, decide to take this route.

Users who are viewing this thread