On line dating ???? (1 Viewer)

skyblueprincess

Hey you guys and gals

Here it is ... My mates are saying i should join a dating site on line !!
My argument is i am very happy the way i am, Yes im the only one out of our bunch that is single, but thats by my choice

But i get the whole just give it a go what you got to lose line from them !!

So my question to you is ..... On line dating ... DO or Dont ???

smileycov

Facebook User
Why? you say you are happy, then that is your answer. never do what others say you should or shouldnt do. If you are comfortable as you are you have no worries x

gouldberg

Can't really say I'm for or against it. Never been inclined to try it although I do know people that have and went on to find people through it. I always think though that it's better to find people in the real world as it's easier to get a connection going with them. Online social sites are great for making new acquaintances but I've never seen the internet as a way to find relationships. Plus I always get the feeling we all know certain people that would ridicule us for plunging into the world of online dating. Maybe I just know some of the wrong people!

Possibly not the most helpful of posts, just my two cents worth though :D

skyblueprincess

I keep reminding my friends , it not a case of not being able or where i find a date ( not that ppl tend to even go on dates these days) Its a case of not having the want or desire to find someone, Ok im single, And not yet found my Mr Right , but hell ive had some fun finding the Mr wrongs along the way

You dont have to be in a relationship to be happy right?

gouldberg

You dont have to be in a relationship to be happy right?

Certainly not. Hell I've been single nearly 2 years and sure it sucks sometimes but the rest of the time it's great. Care-free, no-one to answer to, I'm happy! :D

skyblueprincess

Certainly not. sure it sucks sometimes but the rest of the time it's great. Care-free, no-one to answer to, I'm happy! :D

Yeah your right it does suck sometimes, I mean i would be fibbing if i said there were never times i never felt lonely or i would enjoy adult company,
But your right i answer to no one , i do the best job i can do looking after the kids.... P.s glad your happy mate

im-confused

Never done it myself, but I imagine online dating must be full of people who are going to end up being bad for you. But then again it's your choice and no one will judge you if you decide to join.

Covstu

I wouldnt feel pressured about it if you are not too fussed and happy at the moment! Having said that if you dont have the time to go about a party and meet people it might be a more easier method to find someone! On another note, i did wonder why your picture had a big rip down the left hand side!! :)

canningt

tbh i met a girl once over a social networking site, and we then went out for 6 months was fantastic. It depends whether you have confidence to go out to pubs or clubs (not that i can coz i'm 17 ;) ) but for some people they prefer doing stuff over the net "breaking the ice" and all that

tbh i met a girl once over a social networking site, and we then went out for 6 months was fantastic. It depends whether you have confidence to go out to pubs or clubs (not that i can coz i'm 17 ;) ) but for some people they prefer doing stuff over the net "breaking the ice" and all that

Same here. I met a girl on some social networking site, may have been myspace and we were together on and off for a few years. Not sure I would join a formal dating site though. It all seems a bit desperate to me.

canningt

Same here. I met a girl on some social networking site, may have been myspace and we were together on and off for a few years. Not sure I would join a formal dating site though. It all seems a bit desperate to me.

i know what you mean, depends what people are after really, but it's just like meeting someone apart from they are all on a site where they want a relationship better chance than putting efforts into a girl who you then find out is in a relationship.

you work at ricoh?

Well we are there until the doors are closed. Did you go to the right booth? Claim it at the Reading game + WTF are you doing putting bets on if your only 17? Who served you, was it a young lad who didn't seem to know what he was doing?

LastGarrison

Get on plentyoffish.com

A couple of my mates use it to a great deal of success.

If you're just after a bit of the other (which i'm going to assume you are not) then another mate uses adultfriendfinder although there is a fee for this one though he seems to shag an awful lot of birds. Although the quality is some what dubious. He once shagged a bird who was legless.......and I don't mean drunk!!!

Covstu

ah we have an expert in the field!!!

Princess - Yes your photo is fixed!! Defo more sober!

stupot07

If your happy being single and have no problems finding a date then I don't see why you would want to join a dating site.

Tell your friends to mind their own business!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I met 'er indoors through the Telegraph after 2 failed marriages. One of those "Looking For" pages. I had about 3 replies. First two were dogs, but now been with missus for 15 years. Very happy. :)

Disorganised1

What ! - You mean this isn't a dating site ? No wonder I've been getting my face slapped so much.

Users who are viewing this thread