On a brighter note (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

The rumor from a very reliable person I heard, was that an offer had been made to buy the club with add on's based on future events, i.e staying up and a return to the prem in time, and SISU thought this offer too low, however the offer only stands while the transfer window is still open, as the bidders want to invest a sum in January should they take over in a bid to keep the club up.

Sisu might be thinking if they sell all assets they can and then take the offer while the window is still open they will be better off.
You never know this could be a last gasp grab all you can before we jump sale.

Fingers crossed any way.

DazzleTommyDazzle

So Hoff has submitted his bid, which has been flatly rejected. We really are stuck with SISU.

"Flatly" rejected.

It's quite normal for an initial bid to be rejected - it's called negotiating.

Flatly rejected is "please leave and don't bother coming back"

Do you know something?

lordsummerisle

"Flatly" rejected.

Do you know something?

Nobody knows anything, but they like to pretend they do in order to gain some sort of kudos on an internet message board.

"Flatly" rejected.

Do you know something?

No I read it wrong, reading it again it says SISU have asked for more money. If the Hoffs men are Billionaires, then why don't they just give SISU what they want? Surely £30mill is small change?

Lloyd

No I read it wrong, reading it again it says SISU have asked for more money. If the Hoffs men are Billionaires, then why don't they just give SISU what they want? Surely £30mill is small change?

yes because thats what smart business minded people do... /sigh

Is it seriously possible to take a football club and turn a profit? I don't think so surely anyone buying a football club does it for fun not business?

Colonel Mustard

Is it seriously possible to take a football club and turn a profit? I don't think so surely anyone buying a football club does it for fun not business?

It must be tough. Unless you're willing to follow other teams' spending patterns (ie likely go into debt), then you won't be able to keep up and will be fighting relegation. The sooner the Financial Fair Play rules come in the better!

ccfcway

SISU have been banging on about it since they took us over.

Having said that, they have been banging on about an experienced Premiership loan player since then as well !

shmmeee

Aren't they already in place in L1? Maybe that's what SISU meant by being ready for next season ?

The Reverend Skyblue

The rumor from a very reliable person I heard, was that an offer had been made to buy the club with add on's based on future events, i.e staying up and a return to the prem in time, and SISU thought this offer too low, however the offer only stands while the transfer window is still open, as the bidders want to invest a sum in January should they take over in a bid to keep the club up.

Sisu might be thinking if they sell all assets they can and then take the offer while the window is still open they will be better off.
You never know this could be a last gasp grab all you can before we jump sale.

Fingers crossed any way.

If i see one more "the takeover is going to happen soon" i'm going to explode.
Can we all decide that loose talk and heresay is prohibited until such a moment it is actually announced by the club.
Please we have been talking about takeover rumours for 12 months at least, and it getting terribly boring,especially today.

The Rev

Last edited:

speedie87

it should be quite easy if you to stick to the new lge 1 & 2 salary cap..........

ccfcway

what would happen if say ipswich went down, with Jason Scotland, Jimmy Bullard etc and no-one would take them, do they get fined, or points taken off them ?

WillieStanley

If i see one more "the takeover is going to happen soon" i'm going to explode.
Can we all decide that loose talk and heresay is prohibited until such a moment it is actually announced by the club.
Please we have been talking about takeover rumours for 12 months at least, and it getting terribly boring,especially today.

The Rev
can you implode please? Less mess!

speedie87

what would happen if say ipswich went down, with Jason Scotland, Jimmy Bullard etc and no-one would take them, do they get fined, or points taken off them ?

you have to sumbit a document to the fa by the end of july showing that the contracted wage bill for the next season will be below a certain percentage of allowable income (this is based on forecasts - based on previous years income etc). If it isn't you get a transfer embargo until your back under the limit, its had quite a big effect on lge 2 clubs the last couple of years.

keef

Sisu have loaned next seasons projected season ticket sales, now they are selling off anyone of any note. Severe asset stripping prior to a takeover or the worst case of financial mismanagement in football?

I think they will sell up there is nothing left but debt and no income stream to fund next seasons campaign.

chiefdave

what happens with teams that go down, is it just a blanket rule? can't see how many teams with higher revenue in the championship and no limit on the wage bill would be under the limit if relegated. how are they supposed to get under the limit, not like they can just cancel contracts?

skablue

The rule for league 1 and 2 from next season is upto 55% turnover can be spent on player's wages if a club exceeds this then they can be hand a transfer embargo or points deduction, I don't know if clubs relegated from championship would have a season or two to get the wage bill down. Anyway whatever happens were screwed as I can't worked out what 55% of fuck all equates to.

Glen

Future payments depend on us staying up, well that deal is fucked then we are sinking quicker than the Titanic

Users who are viewing this thread