Olympic 2012 closing ceremony (1 Viewer)

dutchman

I agree Otis, people cant really complain about the cross section of artists they covered, however....I would say two things though, George Michaels second song (and his dancing) what was all that about ?!

According to overnight viewing figures, a million people stopped watching during the George Michael set! I read at the time it was just a plug for his latest recording.

Tad

One things for sure. TV has gotten shyte already. Came home from work for lunch. Naff all on! *switches tv off*

Hugh Jarse

Two words.....Ray Davis ffs.

If that wasn't a piss poor syrup someone should tell him his hair looks likes pubes and he can't fooking sing either, so all in all, an utter disaster for him.

Big respect to the Barlow, that took some courage.

It's a good job they didn't dope test the acts, there would have been none of them left to perform!!!!:p

Otis

I thought Ray Davies did fine.

Yes, they murdered Wish you Were Here, but as I said in my first post the problem was with the delivery of the songs. Nowt wrong with the cross selction of globally recognised British music. I didn't say Pink Floyd were on, I just mentioned which artists were covered.

Madness I thought were poor, as was Liam Gallagher, as was Russel brand singing Pure Imagination. He surprisingly though did do a very good version of I am The Walrus. As for Muse? Well Muse were just Muse.

Lots of music I can't particularly abide, such as the god damn awful 'Wannabe ' song, but i knew i wouldn't like everything and it was great to hear Elbow and I always like to see Muse perform live.

It covered British music very well I thought, but there were obviously lots of problems with sound levels and artists being able to hear themselves etc.

Users who are viewing this thread