Match Thread Oldham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Was hoping Geoff Foster would ask about Yakubu after Tuesdays game. And Fovili.

He really is crap. "Beavon scored a good goal didn't he Russell?" "Yes he did" "Thomas also scored a good goal didn't he Russell?" "Yes he did as well".

Pulitzer stuff right there.

It almost comes across as if Slade takes the piss.

Im sure I heard him say well done because he got something right, the other week he corrected him about the league we were in.

Otis

I'm sticking with 2-1 win it worked the other night
Good lad!

Need the team with a positive attitude too.

I expect Rawson and Clarke to come back in, though it could well be argued for Turnbull to keep his place.

I wouldn't be surprised however if DKE kept his place in the side.

Folivi is now back fit and in full training, so am expecting Beavon and Folivi up front.

I would keep RCC in too. He deserves it and Burge had a bit of a mare last time out.

RCC

DKE Clarke Rawson Haynes

Rose Reilly Stevenson Thomas

Beavon Folivi

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good lad!

I expect Rawson and Clarke to come back in, though it could well be argued for Turnbull to keep his place.

Folivi is now back fit and in full training, so am expecting Beavon and Folivi up front.

I would keep RCC in too. He deserves it and Burge had a bit of a mare last time out.

RCC

DKE Clarke Rawson Haynes

Beavon Folivi
I agree with that. You've got to admire DKE he gets stuck in and is not intimidated, like a little terrier.

shmmeee

It almost comes across as if Slade takes the piss.

Im sure I heard him say well done because he got something right, the other week he corrected him about the league we were in.

He did, I heard that.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Was hoping Geoff Foster would ask about Yakubu after Tuesdays game. And Fovili.

He really is crap. "Beavon scored a good goal didn't he Russell?" "Yes he did" "Thomas also scored a good goal didn't he Russell?" "Yes he did as well".

Pulitzer stuff right there.
It is truly dreadful and what you would expect from a primary school be a radio interviewer project.

It's pathetic. His interview style is cringeworthy, he can hardly get his words out properly. He's a total embarrassment, consistently fails to ask any pertinent questions that anyone with even a modicum of common sense could.

skyblueinBaku

Oldham have scored even fewer goals than we have. Our defence has been strengthened recently, so I can see us keeping a clean sheet. It just remains to be seen whether or not we can score.....

fernandopartridge

Good lad!

RCC

DKE Clarke Rawson Haynes

Beavon Folivi

Rawson doesn't deserve a spot, Harries or Turnbull ahead of him.

In fact, I would probably say why change a winning team? Why have we consistently changed teams after a win in the FLT? Regardless of opposition, the 'second string' have performed far more consistently than the first team

Otis

Rawson doesn't deserve a spot, Harries or Turnbull ahead of him.

In fact, I would probably say why change a winning team? Why have we consistently changed teams after a win in the FLT? Regardless of opposition, the 'second string' have performed far more consistently than the first team
Because we were defending desperately on Tuesday with our backs against the wall.

Yep, we defended well, but it wasn't good, in fact it was almost grim and tomorrow we need to win.

Harries, though he played well on Tuesday is not the most physical and I would most definitely have either Rawson or Turnbull in there ahead of him.

fernandopartridge

Because we were defending desperately on Tuesday with our backs against the wall.

Yep, we defended well, but it wasn't good, in fact it was almost grim and tomorrow we need to win.

Harries, though he played well on Tuesday is not the most physical and I would most definitely have either Rawson or Turnbull in there ahead of him.

We defended well on Tuesday, our biggest problem was retaining possession.

Despite difficult pressure (we only really found it difficult to deal with Akinfenwa for 15 minutes) Wycombe didn't create a glut of chances.

You don't improve a back 4 by changing it every week. Stick with the back 4 that played on Tuesday.

Otis

We defended well on Tuesday, our biggest problem was retaining possession.

Despite difficult pressure (we only really found it difficult to deal with Akinfenwa for 15 minutes) Wycombe didn't create a glut of chances.

You don't improve a back 4 by changing it every week. Stick with the back 4 that played on Tuesday.

We had to change it in Tuesday because of ineligibility.

Clarke will definitely come back in. No doubt at all in my mind.

I do think it would be wrong to play the same back four as Tuesday.

We ran ourselves into the ground and players will surely be tired. Harries even got cramp.

Clarke will be back in and then either Foley or Rawson.

We need big and strong. We have been complaining about the lack of that all season long.

Slade will get absolutely slaughtered if we play that same back four and we get out-muscled and outdone physically.

Just cos it worked on Tuesday doesn't men's it will work again tomorrow.

bawtryneal

I fancy a 1-0 for us
Lose and its nailed on relegation in my opinion. Need to keep the momentum going from Tuesday night.

no_loyalty

I fancy a 1-0 for us
Lose and its nailed on relegation in my opinion. Need to keep the momentum going from Tuesday night.

I really hope we keep the momentum going, as we said this after the Swansea Chekatrade Trophy game, and got thumped 3-0 in our next match

stupot07

If we lose tomorrow we will be 11 points from safety. Has any team been bottom at this point and stayed up?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

We had to change it in Tuesday because of ineligibility.

Clarke will definitely come back in. No doubt at all in my mind.

I do think it would be wrong to play the same back four as Tuesday.

We ran ourselves into the ground and players will surely be tired. Harries even got cramp.

Clarke will be back in and then either Foley or Rawson.

We need big and strong. We have been complaining about the lack of that all season long.

Slade will get absolutely slaughtered if we play that same back four and we get out-muscled and outdone physically.

Just cos it worked on Tuesday doesn't men's it will work again tomorrow.

Agree, big and strong definitely the dish of the day. Clarke will replace Harries and DKE should perhaps start over Foley. I've hated Turnbull all season and though he had a very good game on Tues he has a lot of flaws - never seen Rawson so don't know how much physicality he offers. Would also keep RCC in over Burge.

RCC

DKE
Clarke (C)
Rawson/Turnbull
Haynes

G Thomas
Rose
Reilly
Reid

Tudgay
Folivi

Burge, Foley, Rawson/Turnbull, Bigi, Gadzhev, Jones, Lameiras

Last edited:

Otis

For me on Tuesday it was all a bit too last ditch and desperate.

I do think we need extra physicality there in the back line.

steve82

I'm hoping for overnight snow!!!
Oldham have seen a slight up turn in performances at home recently and a big boosting win at Chesterfield last week. We need Beavon fit for sure

Otis

I'm hoping for overnight snow!!!
Oldham have seen a slight up turn in performances at home recently and a big boosting win at Chesterfield last week. We need Beavon fit for sure
Doesn't look likely at all, Steve.

Slade has pretty much ruled him out I think.

Fingers crossed that Folivi is Armstrong mark II.

Hod dog

i am going for a 2-0 win

RCC
Foley Rawson Clarke Haynes
Thomas Rose Reilly Reid
Tudgay Folivi

Burge
Turnbull
DKE
Gadzhev
Bigi
Jones
Finch

i thought Turnbull had a good game Tuesday and would play him v oldham with Clarke, but i know Slade will stick with Rawson and clarke.

i know he is young but whilst Beavon, Vernam and maybe soon Yakubu are unavailable i would take ponticelli as a sub

oucho

Is there a chance the game could be called off? It's going to be below freezing overnight in Oldham and not going to get above 2 degrees all day......

Otis

Oldham have had a few games called off in the past if memory serves me right.

Possible I suppose.

no_loyalty

Is there a chance the game could be called off? It's going to be below freezing overnight in Oldham and not going to get above 2 degrees all day......

I don't think Oldham have under soil heating, but they will probably have covers on the pitch, they will definitely want this game on tomorrow

Otis

i am going for a 2-0 win

RCC
Foley Rawson Clarke Haynes
Thomas Rose Reilly Reid
Tudgay Folivi

Burge
Turnbull
DKE
Gadzhev
Bigi
Jones
Finch

i thought Turnbull had a good game Tuesday and would play him v oldham with Clarke, but i know Slade will stick with Rawson and clarke.

i know he is young but whilst Beavon, Vernam and maybe soon Yakubu are unavailable i would take ponticelli as a sub
There is always the option of Jordan Turnbull at left back. He played at left back quite a bit for Swindon when he was on loan there.

That could make us more solid and obviously would enable us to include him in the side.

So, Foley, Clarke Rawson Turnbull

shmmeee

Got to say, you have to wonder if it's coincidence that a back line that was three out of four academy grads showed such spirit.

At least the likes of DKE and Haynes have some love for the club. And I get the feeling that'll matter more than ability for the run in.

clint van damme

Got to say, you have to wonder if it's coincidence that a back line that was three out of four academy grads showed such spirit.

At least the likes of DKE and Haynes have some love for the club. And I get the feeling that'll matter more than ability for the run in.

that's the problem with this constant churn of players, so few of them have any emotional investment in the club.
Having said that, a lot of them are playing for their careers and will be looking for contracts in the summer, the way they've performed they'll be disappointed.

Hobo

This fixture has 'must win' written all over it. Time to dig in city and at least start looking like survival means something. Lets at least go down fighting rather than just rolling over and accepting it.

Fuck the lack of strikers, any player is allowed to score. Just do it, make it happen.

Paxman II

The main issue here is tinkering constantly with the team. Bevon injured so we need the Yak but that looks unlikely.
We need pace and Jones can give us that and he has been a provider in recent games.
RCC surely gets restored? Turnball looks up for it.
We need to fight like we did the other night. Do that and we will win 0-2

fernandopartridge

It's cloudy in Greater Manchester today, so I don't think it is frosty. It's more of a cold wind.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Oldham have had a few games called off in the past if memory serves me right.

Possible I suppose.
Boundary Park is bloody freezing in the middle of July. Double thermals needed tomorrow for the wind chill.

Users who are viewing this thread