oldham game (1 Viewer)

oafc123

hi ive just registered as an oldham fan, just wondering if you can keep us posted on whether tomorrows game will be on is the snow bad there? looking forward to my visit and hope its on. Good luck for the season after tomorrow of course

stevo_ccfc

hi ive just registered as an oldham fan, just wondering if you can keep us posted on whether tomorrows game will be on is the snow bad there? looking forward to my visit and hope its on. Good luck for the season after tomorrow of course

We normally do OK in the snow nothing has been mentioned yet though, and it's hardly snowing here

oafc123

its predicted to come today and overnight i believe if this is the case does your undersoil melt it? i see u have never had a game p-p at the ricoh......

any predictions for the game? i can see us playing well here we raise our game away from home we got beat 2-0 at home to brentford last week but won 3-2 at forest previous week thats how we roll

our dangerman is jose baxter deal with him and you deal with our threat

oafc123

maybe..but hes been dissapointing this season bar his cameo quick double at forest 2 weeks ago...on the otherhand leon clarke will score against us

Noggin

It's not to bad here snow wise and the forecast is just for light snow (admitadly all day and night) I'd have thought undersoil heating would deal with constant light snow just fine, so I'd be very surprised if its cancelled.

rob9872

If the game is to be cancelled, then it's more likely to be for the safety outside the ground than the pitch or the ground itself. I know we would all be fine but you know how do-gooders with zero interest in the game like to spoil it for the rest of us.

wal3590

I'm not too sure it will be on, i live 2 mins from the ricoh and its been pretty heavy. Think the pitch will be fine but its the health and safety crap that will take over regarding footpaths etc

Evans1883

It will have nothing to do with the pitch but the surrounding areas .health and safety will play key here.game will be off

SkyBlueArmy12

"Coventry City are confident of maintaining their proud record of never having had a postponement in their eight seasons at the Ricoh Arena". This is a source from the BBC for tomorrow's game, I'm pretty sure we can keep that record up. Hope you enjoy your trip down here, good luck ;)

Astute

Welcome OafC. Hope you enjoy the day other than the result. Are you coming with your two mates AKA OafA and OafB? ;)

BackRoomRummermill

Hi Mate Dean Furmans dad is my dentist. I have a check up once a year in London, Ronnie his dad spoke to me the other week about Dean going to SA for the ANC.

From what Ronnie tells me that Dean is very happy at Oldham and loves living in Manchester, i am watching out for him on ESPN I hope he does well

sky_blue_up_north

the ground will be fine, its wether the surrounding area are safe. I'm normally travel from Cheshire, got quite a bit a snow here as well.

mark82

I'm pretty sure we had a game called off the other year due to snow outside the ground. Ground itself will be fine.

spwaverley4916

just been up the Ricoh to collect tickets - they say at the moment the game is on, as you would expect, but to be honest the roads around the 444 and pathways are pretty slippery. so if the snow cotinues and it falls below zero tonight I can see the powers that be postponing on the safety side. Plus you lot from Oldham have a fair distance to travel so I reckon around 1100hrs tomorrow will be a yes or no.

mattylad

Pitch is covered and under soil heated so normally its if the stands and surrounding areas are safe that determines whether we play.

pusbccfc

The snows coming down heavy now. Roads are a nightmare! Can't seen many games on england being on if I'm honest.

oakey

Police have just said the game is on ATM as the club are gritting all surrounding areas
Great if you live within 200 yards of the Ricoh, then. Tough luck if you don't.
Crowd prediction thread needed...

17,235 if they postpone and put it on an evening in March or April.

torchomatic

Agree, Oakey. I would rather it be off as there would certainly be more there after our guaranteed victory in the JPT final at Wembley.

ccfcway

anyone else think it wont be the pitch that will be bad, but it will the surrounding areas which cause the problem ?

elephanttears

Its just said on sky mate its definitely off, safety concerns around the stadium.

oakey

Indeed tommy. Just watched 5 neighbours spend 30 minutes trying to help a car out of our road in Hagley. I would have joined them except I had just got in after a 30 minute walk through a blizzard, during which I had pushed other cars. 5 inches of snow here, gridlocked main roads and still snowing hard. To get to Coventry tomorrow will be a real struggle. Maybe a few fans should be less judgemental of those who travel alone over considerable distances and have stuck with the City through thin and thinner for 40 odd years now.

Users who are viewing this thread