Oldham fans views on Reece Brown (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Lol at the person who thought we were still in the champ! Mind you, I think a few of our fans do with the transfer expectations!

Hincha

"They'll be nowhere near the top with that Crazy Gang, Cab Driving, Fat, Bald, Cockney twat in charge." wow

Grendel

"They'll be nowhere near the top with that Crazy Gang, Cab Driving, Fat, Bald, Cockney twat in charge." wow

A very common view from a lot of neutral fans - we have a laughing stock as a manager.

CovisGod

A very common view from a lot of neutral fans - we have a laughing stock as a manager.

A laughing stock as a manager that every player that has signed this summer said he was a big part of why they signed and obviously has his fingers in a lot of pies (no pun) with regards to getting in loans from the big clubs (Norwood from United, Nimley from City last year) Reese Brown from United this year. Say we do go up this year,the likes of Ferguson see we look after there players and get players of a higher caliber on loan to give the Championship a shot,

So yeah, Thorns a twat....

Yorkshire SB

Well they can say what they like. I don't think he's had a decent crack at it yet, last year we weren't good enough and any manager would've struggled to keep us up.

As a person, I like him and his football style, I also like, wants to get the ball down and play the right way. Additionally, regardless of what anyone say, he can spot a talent, and hopefully has built a strong squad for the coming season.

Grendel

A laughing stock as a manager that every player that has signed this summer said he was a big part of why they signed and obviously has his fingers in a lot of pies (no pun) with regards to getting in loans from the big clubs (Norwood from United, Nimley from City last year) Reese Brown from United this year. Say we do go up this year,the likes of Ferguson see we look after there players and get players of a higher caliber on loan to give the Championship a shot,

So yeah, Thorns a twat....

Of course every player who signed then says "I signed as I can't stand Thorn" - how very naive - do you want me to list all the clubs Man Utd loan players to? Tottenham also loaned 14 out last year - must be a lot of love for a lot of managers out there.

Hincha

Jury's out on Thorn this year, finish outside of the top six this year and a lot of City fans will be calling for his head

CovisGod

Of course every player who signed then says "I signed as I can't stand Thorn" - how very naive - do you want me to list all the clubs Man Utd loan players to? Tottenham also loaned 14 out last year - must be a lot of love for a lot of managers out there.

No theres no need to list anything, but since when have we been a club that the likes of City and United have loaned players to ? Thorns trying his best with what we've got, last year we had a group of players that couldn't give a shit about the club staying up as they knew they'd be off. Hes had this summer to build a team of his own, if we not in the top 6 at Christmas then start whinging

Grendel

No theres no need to list anything, but since when have we been a club that the likes of City and United have loaned players to ? Thorns trying his best with what we've got, last year we had a group of players that couldn't give a shit about the club staying up as they knew they'd be off. Hes had this summer to build a team of his own, if we not in the top 6 at Christmas then start whinging

When we were in the Premier League there were rules prohibiting such a move so it has only been available in the last 10 years. I can think (without really thinking) of loans from Chelsea (2), Tottenham and 1 possibly 2 from Man Utd

Grendel

How is it a very common view among neutral fans? all I've seen is one negative post about him on an Oldham forum...

I know fans from other clubs who say the same - perhaps you don't.

Grendel

I think you're gonna have to accept your on own with your irrational hatred of Thorn, Grendel.

No hatred - stupid emotional expression - but a view he is hopelessly incapable of performing in his role.

I am not alone.

You are I suspect alone in thinking that both he and Coleman have achieved promotion in the Championship.

Grendel

Ginetta thinks we'll get promoted with Thorn *giggle* sorry

Thorn already has archived promotion to the premier league according to GSS and I alone think he is unsuitable as manager.

I do not think facts and stats are GSS strong points.

Astute

I know fans from other clubs who say the same - perhaps you don't.

I know fans from lots of clubs. I know people from all over the country. I have moved about quite a bit. Most of them couldn't even name our manager, so how can they call him? However, they do know about our squad being ripped apart last season and having to bring in academy lads to keep us going.

Now AT has a chance to prove himself. You have a chance to see if your one sided views are correct. If we are minimum top 6 will you still want him to go? If we are out of the top 6 then we need to replace him. Think we are going to have a good season though.

Grendel

I know fans from lots of clubs. I know people from all over the country. I have moved about quite a bit. Most of them couldn't even name our manager, so how can they call him? However, they do know about our squad being ripped apart last season and having to bring in academy lads to keep us going.

Now AT has a chance to prove himself. You have a chance to see if your one sided views are correct. If we are minimum top 6 will you still want him to go? If we are out of the top 6 then we need to replace him. Think we are going to have a good season though.

I think we are going to have a good season and I think Thorn will stay as a result. I have a one sided view on thorn in the same way some have such a view on certain players. Long term my view is he will perform to the detrement of the club.

Astute

I think we are going to have a good season and I think Thorn will stay as a result. I have a one sided view on thorn in the same way some have such a view on certain players. Long term my view is he will perform to the detrement of the club.

So what you are saying is that you think he should go even if we go up as Div3 winners as you think he is not good enough? :thinking about:

Grendel

So what you are saying is that you think he should go even if we go up as Div3 winners as you think he is not good enough? :thinking about:

I am for the long term yes

Astute

I am for the long term yes

You are for the long term, but want to change our manager even if he is the most successful since the 80's? :thinking about:

So he puts together a squad without paying transfer fees and wins the division, but you want to get another manager in :D Long term thinking :eek:

So shall we bring in a Coleman, ex England manager or should we talk Ferguson to join us :pimp: Would you really want to get rid of a manager that does a good job once he has the tools for the job and hope we get the right manager for once?

Grendel

You are for the long term, but want to change our manager even if he is the most successful since the 80's? :thinking about:

So he puts together a squad without paying transfer fees and wins the division, but you want to get another manager in :D Long term thinking :eek:

So shall we bring in a Coleman, ex England manager or should we talk Ferguson to join us :pimp: Would you really want to get rid of a manager that does a good job once he has the tools for the job and hope we get the right manager for once?

Achievement this season would be through serendipity and would then result in calamitous failure the following season.

Grendel

Fact? Guess? Hatred of AT?

Off on the hatred tack again. My view is that Thorn was complicit last season in getting the club relegated. This is evident from the comparison in performance in the first half of the season versus the second. It shows tactics and planning was inadequate in the first half.
I also think this season he has a strong back room staff and in terms of wages, squad etc. we are one of the strongest now in the league far more so than some people want to acknowledge (not you). This concludes he may well get the club back to where it should never have left anyway hence the serendipity tag.
Personally I believe he lacks sufficient intellect to ever be a manager of people and to react to adverse situations when they come along.
Not hatred just an impassioned view he is not up to it. No one hates a manager and I would think no one loves them either. They are vessels to achieve a purpose and as soon as they prove incapable you get rid.

Grendel

My point exactly, that's 8 years ago !

Peter Reid was manager then so are you saying Ferguson rated both in equal measure?

Grendel

And Luke steele......

Forgot him. Was Wood a loan? Also Cork and the Dutch left back from Chelsea and Jackson from Spurs.

Grendel

No they fooled us into buying him. He was gash and injury prone!

Partridge and warnock from Liverpool

So there were loads before Thorn then.

Users who are viewing this thread