Old school pics vs Notts County (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

The Spion Kop looks great. Those where the days. Not sure about the kit mind you. And that's not Lloyd McGrath is it? Doesn't look like him to me.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Love these photos:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/blasts-past-coventry-city-wins-6682969

Stewart Robson, Peter Ndlovu, Micky Gynn, Kevin Gallacher....oh...great times!

WM

aye...that shirt from 1991 was the last replica shirt I ever got (a present).....it was ace at a rave with the dayglow sponsor:D Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!

PS: Check out the attendance figures....yet again proving we are not as big a club as many would have you believe!

edgy

Besty has clearly dislocated his shoulder here!!

BP2867983-Medium-6682743.jpg

Skyblueweeman

The Spion Kop looks great. Those where the days. Not sure about the kit mind you. And that's not Lloyd McGrath is it? Doesn't look like him to me.

The Spion Kop does look great...even the dugouts in the main stand just bring the memories flooding back.

As for the kit...I think that was the first full kit I ever had! I was only a nipper at the time and loved wearing it on a freezing Xmas day.

And you're right Torch, it's obviously Nuddy. Did McGrath still play for us then? I assume he did?

WM

hill83

Well, as it is Nuddy I'd suggest it does look like him. (I think skybluelee is looking at the wrong picture, and also getting the person wrong)

Didn't that kit have 2 versions, one with the sponsor in yellow and one in white?

Last edited:

Cv3cov

5th picture in looks like Furlong scoring Gally behind him and Lloyd McGrath on floor!

Skyblueweeman

It is Lloyd skipping over the player on the floor, with the ball in front of him

It's not...look at the other pics of Nuddy and the boots he's wearing....the same as the person skipping the player with the ball in front. The only one I can see McGrath is when Furlong scores and he's on the deck with Kevin Gallacher behind.

wingy

AHHH,the days before hedge funds and global warming ,24 hr rolling news and IIRC Sky ,wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread