Old Heads (1 Viewer)

Hobo

A fit Stewart Robson alongside Dennis Mortimer would have been an absolute joy.

pipkin73

If it's who you seen play then in no order Speedie (my fav ever player), Dublin, Keane, Huckerby, Regis, Robson, thanks for reminding him of me) and a surprise to many people prob, Michael Gynn, a lower version of Speedie, but what a player he was.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Going on the squad and what it requires.

1. Dion Dublin - we struggle to finish chances (tonight excepted!) and he'd got so much more to his game than that.
2. Tommy Hutchison - only saw him in his latter years but still had so much ability on the ball and ability to create.
3. Roland Nilsson - we're light at RB and I thought he was a very classy player and professional

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If you could bring one former, retired Cov player out of retirement and restore him to his former ability (while at Cov) to fit into the current squad as it is, who would you pick? For me, I'd plump for either Mifsud, McSheffrey or Magnus Hedman
Any player? And you govgor Mifsud and Mcsheffrey over Keane, Dublin, Huckerby, Regis.

Even in championship I’d have peak Marlon King over Sheffers

Magwitch

If you were picking an all time best city team it would be hard to leave out Roland Nilsson, Gordon Strachan or Dennis Wise all in their late thirties when the donned Sky Blue

Adge

Some great names here, Dublin stained his image with his defection to Villa for me. My two would be Dave Bennett or Huckerby. When either received the ball, even in their own half, the crowd would stand in anticipation of something happening. Both had the ability to glide past the opposition and immediately open play up and of cause they were both scorers in their own right.
Why? Are we going to say the same for every player who left to go to Villa? Boating/Hadji et al aswell? Very narrow minded.

fernandopartridge

Why? Are we going to say the same for every player who left to go to Villa? Boating/Hadji et al aswell? Very narrow minded.
I think it's more the circumstances that led up to it. Water under the bridge though and I'd rather look at his contribution whilst he was here

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

withnail

Micky Quinn but only if he kept the form from the first 10 games of 92/93.
Goal machine.

capel & collindridge

Ray Straw 79 goals in 143 appearances (mostly third tier) from 1957 - 1961 and Terry Bly 25 goals in 32 games in 62-63 season (third tier). At the same level we are now at, these two scored 104 goals in 175 games at Highfield Road. Think they could still do a job now 'if restored to their former ability (while at Cov)'. Great to watch too!

Users who are viewing this thread