Old Arcade and PC Games (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just downloading Lemmings and Microsoft Golf from above link. Two old favourites of mine.

shmmeee

Got Lemmings on my iPad, still fun. Amazes more that more old games aren't ported over to iOS and Android. Can't be a difficult or expensive job and it seems easy money. Loads of people would pay a couple of quid for games they remember from years ago,

Suspect a lot of them are abandon ware or the IP is owned by someone like EA, or the source code is lost.

Agreed though, so many games that would work well on mobile or something. Though they’ll probably do what they did with The Settlers and make it some shitty micro transaction game.

Skybluefaz

So many old games were about making a jump, or mechanics that would really test your hand eye coordination. The thought of trying to play those games with mobile controls gives me anxiety!

oscillatewildly

Never been a gamer - never interested. Music and football was my obsession throughout pre and teenage years. Altho.....
Christmas 1975 or 1976 produced what I think was the best present I (and my brother) ever received. We got one of those (pong?) console tv games. The most rudimentary of technology - 'Football, tennis and squash'. Two 'bats', a square 'ball' and three speed settings - all made possible on 14" B&W portable.
It obsessed us for hours, daily. Weeks turned into months and then one spring day we rediscovered the football behind the garden shed and never played it again.

shmmeee

Anyone else try and play adult games as a kid?

My Dad used to bring back disks full of knockoff games from someone at work for the Amiga, he never checked them first so I ended up aged about 10 with Leisure Suit Larry and Strip Poker. Couldn’t win a hand in poker so never saw pixelated boobs, and remember the way they stopped you accessing Leisure Suit Larry was asking you questions only an adult would know like “who wrote to be or not to be” and as it was pre Internet I couldn’t get past that either.

I do remember aged about 10 when a mate found a cheat in Dynamite Dux on the Atari ST to make the rabbits nude though:

Kids today don’t know they’re born.

Adge

Metal gear solid or circuit breakers on the 1st PlayStation.

Reactions: vow

Terry_dactyl

Started off with a Commodore 64 and remember destroying joysticks playing Daley Thompson’s Decathlon.
Got an AtariSTE, used to love Elite, Kick-Off 2, Sensible Soccer etc etc
Used to love a karate game...yi ar Kung fu, way of the exploding fist, Kung-fu master.

shmmeee

Anyone here ever play Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars? It was on PC and PS1. It's a point & click adventure game. Still play it from time to time now. Fantastic game, one of the best in the genre.

Loved the old point and click games. Simon the Sorcerer and Discworld were great too. Beneath a Steel Sky just got a sequel not sure if it’s any good.

Frostie

Anyone here ever play Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars? It was on PC and PS1. It's a point & click adventure game. Still play it from time to time now. Fantastic game, one of the best in the genre.

Love the first couple, played them again in first Lockdown actually. Lost their way a bit when they went 3D imo.

Frostie

Started off with a Commodore 64 and remember destroying joysticks playing Daley Thompson’s Decathlon.
Used to love a karate game...yi ar Kung fu, way of the exploding fist, Kung-fu master.

Ha ha, yeah! That decathlon game was solid! Literally waggling joystick with all your might for him to move half a centimetre! 😂

One of my all time faves...
maxresdefault.jpg

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anyone remember "Zool"? It was a platform game from the early 90's. Played it for hours and it really annoyed the hell out of me, but I wouldn't give up trying. Eventually, I did give in and never played it again.
Zool_cover.jpg

no_loyalty

I broke my Spectrum 48k playing Daley Thompson's Decathlon.

Frostie

Ghostbusters!
Never got past that Stay Puft man jumping across that doorway!

Was bloody difficult & if you failed that was it, game over, after hours to get there! 😁

Did you know it got a fan made remake some years ago? You can download it for free.
Still absolutely quality but with sharpened up graphics etc.

Terry_dactyl

Was bloody difficult & if you failed that was it, game over, after hours to get there! 😁

Did you know it got a fan made remake some years ago? You can download it for free.
Still absolutely quality but with sharpened up graphics etc.
Did not know that! I’ll check it out..

rondog1973

I was just browsing a thread earlier (Mame Emulator) and started to think about old games we used to play on whatever system we had at the time. I had Donkey Kong, Manic Miner, Formula One Racing, a duck shooting game (can't remember what it was called), and my favourite at the time, Lemmings. I completed Lemmings and then Lemmings 2. Bloody loved that game! So frustrating at times! So, what was your old favourite?
View attachment 18883
The Duck shooting game was called Carnival HH.

Sorry, bit late to this thread!

Bugsy

This game has to be up there with the best footie games

1614676717554.png

Adge

Think we moved on to summer games, winter games etc. Would take about an hour to load the last event on the tape.
Summer games and winter games were absolute belters! Choose your country and listen to all the national anthems.
A couple of years later-Hyper Sports, press the breath button at the wrong time while swimming and nearly drown! 😁

Terry_dactyl

Summer games and winter games were absolute belters! Choose your country and listen to all the national anthems.
A couple of years later-Hyper Sports, press the breath button at the wrong time while swimming and nearly drown! 😁
Hyper-Sports!!! The swimming was great once you got the hang of it. Was that the one which also had clay pigeon shooting, the vault etc?
Id forgotten about the national anthems. Those games took bloody ages!
There was also World Games which I think had diving from Acapulco and sumo...and possibly bull fighting?

Adge

Hyper-Sports!!! The swimming was great once you got the hang of it. Was that the one which also had clay pigeon shooting, the vault etc?
Id forgotten about the national anthems. Those games took bloody ages!
There was also World Games which I think had diving from Acapulco and sumo...and possibly bull fighting?
Yep-clay pigeon shooting, vault, archery et al.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Always liked the dry humour in it, although looking back I think some of it could well be considered racist now. That bloody goat! Played the whole series 1-5 and Steel Sky (not the new one).

Tend to play P&C games at Xmas with my sister. Quite liked the Last Crown (still waiting for the sequel) and Dark Fall by Jonathan Boakes and also played Barrow Hill games which I didn't realise were made by his husband Matt Clark until a year of so ago.

Would love to play Scratches as it's highly thought of but some sort of legal dispute means it's unavailable. Another with a massively overdue sequel. I feel I ought to try Myst as well as it seems highly thought of.

Users who are viewing this thread