Old Arcade and PC Games (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I was just browsing a thread earlier (Mame Emulator) and started to think about old games we used to play on whatever system we had at the time. I had Donkey Kong, Manic Miner, Formula One Racing, a duck shooting game (can't remember what it was called), and my favourite at the time, Lemmings. I completed Lemmings and then Lemmings 2. Bloody loved that game! So frustrating at times! So, what was your old favourite?
Ping-Pong-Anim.gif

skybluejelly

Always loved moon cresta and qix ..also in the seventies there was a motor Mike games where you used to jump buses , but the machine had a set of handlebars with a throttle on it

Ian1779

This was the first style RPG game I ever played on the Spectrum - got me hooked on the genre to this day.

Spellbound.

4035C3A1-0856-4833-B7AA-3519464C881F.png

pastythegreat

I was just browsing a thread earlier (Mame Emulator) and started to think about old games we used to play on whatever system we had at the time. I had Donkey Kong, Manic Miner, Formula One Racing, a duck shooting game (can't remember what it was called), and my favourite at the time, Lemmings. I completed Lemmings and then Lemmings 2. Bloody loved that game! So frustrating at times! So, what was your old favourite?
View attachment 18883
I used to love Paperboy on the amiga
Also Blade Runner on the Amiga was a game I used to love playing.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

I'm quite into my retro games, I started on SNES as a kid and I can go back to any generation since and including that and enjoy it. Struggle with anything before that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

I'm quite into my retro games, I started on SNES as a kid and I can go back to any generation since and including that and enjoy it. Struggle with anything before that.

I’ve played Super Mario Deluxe on the Switch and it just doesn’t have the same feel as something like Super Mario world on the SNES... it actually feels inferior.

TomRad85

I’ve played Super Mario Deluxe on the Switch and it just doesn’t have the same feel as something like Super Mario world on the SNES... it actually feels inferior.
100% agree. The 16 bit era was the peak of 2D gaming.

SBAndy

Seems I’m a bit younger than most here. First console was the Nintendo 64. Goldeneye on there was the dogs bollocks.

Nick

Administrator
Setup RetroPie last night, had a couple of hours on Road Rash.

As somebody said though, the games are so much tricker than nowadays. People must have had much more patience back in the day.

Evo1883

There was a game for the Dreamcast called shenmue that I really remember loving too... Tbh, there's been so many good games over the years

Evo1883

We could literally spend 8 hours solid playing it and not get bored. I wish I had that attention span now.

Same with the original Gran Turismo on the Endurance races.

Multiplayer gaming destroyed single player gaming for many people.. I struggle to play through single player games now.
I cant even play fifa career mode anymore

Years ago, playing games on my massive telly and whacking it because the screen was tearing because the pipe was going  worked though

Evo1883

I might try and get back into single player gaming, as of now I have a shit hot gaming pc and don't play it because all the multiplayer games make me want to rip my hair out... So I just dont bother

Single player at your own pace whilst chatting to mates in discord sounds better right now

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it was called Asteroids and it was on the Atari.

Used to play championship manager for hours and days when it first came out and you had to let it run overnight to move seasons as it took that long and wake up to see who had retired.

Users who are viewing this thread