ok after that interview i want carsley to get job till end of season (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

"why cant we win every game till end of the season? players are good enough"

thats what we need now,not formations and systems,thats in palce, we need a will to win

if it doesnt work we get a new manager in summer.

but right now i officially vote for carsley

mi1o

i agree, we're in a good position, ok we won the game tonight yet we didnt get through, but he's put together 2 wins. stats reflect that we are still creating plenty of chances. i dont think we should rush into an appointment that noone is gonna be happy with come summer.

coundonskyblue

They should do one of two things. Either:

Give it to Carsley as you say till the end of the season.

Or beg Adkins to come in till the end of the season, offer him whatever money he wants (Only a 3 month contract so its not like we would be stuck to something expensive).

What I don't want is a manager to be given a 3 year contract where our whole situation could change within a few months.

ohitsaidwalker king power

They should do one of two things. Either:

Give it to Carsley as you say till the end of the season.

Or beg Adkins to come in till the end of the season, offer him whatever money he wants (Only a 3 month contract so its not like we would be stuck to something expensive).

What I don't want is a manager to be given a 3 year contract where our whole situation could change within a few months.

Contracts mean nothing though do they? Take your point but regrettably Adkins is probably headed for higher ground?

coundonskyblue

Contracts mean nothing though do they? Take your point but regrettably Adkins is probably headed for higher ground?

Contracts only mean nothing from the players/managers point of view, if their crap the club still have to pay out their large contracts.

Unless Adkins specifically has a club after him, I think he could be persuaded on a short term thing. He succeeds, his reputation goes even higher, he fails, then he can walk away and isn't committed to a lowly league 1 club.

ryb1983ccfc

I would agree carsley till the end of the season!that is wat I want to hear from a manager"why can't we go unbeaten until the end of the season!

Daz

I :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:thought it was a certainty that Brown has already got the job?

ccfcway

nooooo

why give it carsley till the end of the season ?

he would be a lot cheaper than others

he has kept 2 clean sheets

we have won 2 oit of 2

we dont have any money

get rid now !

skyblu3sk

Still not sure... Don't think we should be going for an untested manager this time, once bitten and all that

Sky Blue Sheepy

Difference between Carsley and Thorn is coaching experience. Carsley has been working with our team on the playing side and has already got 2 clean sheets. Might horrendously backfire but, atm, no available managers (realistic ones anyway) fill me with any confidence.

Skyblue4u

It's SISU we are talking about here so it will be Carsley until the end of the season which I think is the right choice for now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

who cares about the style of play,we still missed loads of chances, wins are what counts in this league
I bet you said the same about Boothroyd before Christmas when he managed us

When an inevitable bad run comes along for a manager those with a less pleasing style get the full on abuse from the fans

skybluegod

I'm encouraged by two clean sheets but by the sounds of the phone in people were not impressed with the style of play

By the sounds of it a few people sounded like they were just listening on the radio and because we didn't get through they were unhappy. Also think today is hard to judge as they just parked the bus so you can't play nice football you just get in the box and contest. The pitch wasn't great tonight meaning we couldn't play nice football

skybluegod

I bet you said the same about Boothroyd before Christmas when he managed us

When an inevitable bad run comes along for a manager those with a less pleasing style get the full on abuse from the fans

However it did work for a sort while which is all we need atm

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyway if Carsley can keep the defense solid and not conceding we always have enough quality to score and there are always mistakes in this league for us to score a couple of goals a game

Carsley til the end of the season. Promotion is still a posibility and right now, i dont think he is ready for the Championship, so if we get there, we will look much more attractive to the bigger managers. Its obvious that he is dedicated to the job and he is looking very solid so far. 4 goals scored, none conceeded and 2 away wins in 2 away games, great so far and they're looking solid. If they win on saturday, surely SISU cant argue with us

speedie87

I was pro carsley before he had the job, based on what a couple of players have said anout him. But after watcjing that tonight i dont wamt it to be him, dire stuff

JulianDarbyFTW

I don't normally get involved in rumours and the like, however I understand that the job is Keith Curle's to lose. That comes from a member of Curle's family, so it may be a biased view, however I believe Curle himself was at the game tonight.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don't normally get involved in rumours and the like, however I understand that the job is Keith Curle's to lose. That comes from a member of Curle's family, so it may be a biased view, however I believe Curle himself was at the game tonight.

I heard he was too, along with Phil Brown so i wouldn't assume the job is his if both were there doing their Homework

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Best for Lee Carsleys reputation and future that someone else takes over the reigns. He isnt ready for the job.

Same as Saturday , poor judgement on substituations.

Tonight we were pretty disppointing, particularly 2nd half. Best players Dickenson, Leon and Murphy. Worst same as Saturday, Jennings and Mcsheffery although Cameron had a bad one tonight. With someone else in for Jennings and Mcsheffery we might had a chance of overturning the deficit of 3 goals although Crewe TBH are quite good.

Amazingly we could have done it tonight in injury time. If only late free kick on right hand side had been delivered better.

shepardo01

We were poor tonight and seemed totally devoid of ideas.
2-0 masks a pretty clueless performance.
How they didn't score with Cameron in the form he was god only knows...
They had to score for us to kick us into any life....but we still had a golden chance to put a ball into the box at 2-0...step up mcsheffrey to scuff the ball to the first man.
What happened to the advice Carsley was given at his seminar????.... He obviously didn't bother to follow it.
Like I said, 2-0 masks how bad we were.....Crewe won't play/set up like that on Saturday.
Sorry Carsley. Not good enough.

WestEndAgro

I heard he was too, along with Phil Brown so i wouldn't assume the job is his if both were there doing their Homework

I was told Di Canio was also at the Game, and that was from "Nigel" , he wouldn't give a source when pressed, so guessing it's not true

kg82

I wouldn't exactly blame tonights showing on Carsley. Going into a game 3-0 down, having to go for it. Not saying he's the right man, but if the team played badly tonight I don't think it's necessarily his fault.

rupert_bear

Were any of you lot there ?, Can't believe the critcism of Carsley, remember there are eleven opponents stopping you playing how you might want to and three up ffs. As for not changing things, he did, Brought two subs on a midfielder and a forward, we scored 2 and won the kawhat more do you ffs.

sky blue john

I definately don't want Carsley to get the job not enough experiance !!!
Also can't be judged on two results.
I believe we have no choice but to let him continue until the end of the season.
With only 13 games to go we do not have time to bed a new manager in !!!!

Otis

Or Dan.

He seems totally clued up to what is required.

Mind, not sure we want a manager who leaves before the end of the game do we?

Users who are viewing this thread