O'Hare or Walsh (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Walsh must have shagged the Bristol City managers Mrs. He’s miles ahead of league one level. I like O’Hare a lot but if I had to choose one it would be Walsh

cc84cov

Walsh must have shagged the Bristol City managers Mrs. He’s miles ahead of league one level. I like O’Hare a lot but if I had to choose one it would be Walsh
Have you seen Bristol midfield ? Not surprised he can’t get in they give £8m for the young lad alone

SkyblueTexan

Obviously the greedy part of me wants both, but if I were to pick one it would have to be Walsh. O'Hare has the flair, but Walsh pulls the strings and also chips in with goals (some of which are great ones). This pair was a great pickup and hope the recruitment team continues to unearth more gems for us (on a permanent basis hopefully).
The other thing worth mentioning that I forgot to say before is that although Walsh and O'Hare didn't start the season with us, I'm glad Robins and his team found them early enough in the season to integrate them into a system that's now running like a well-oiled machine. Even going out and getting Godden early in the season (considering our financial constraints) was a bold and great move. The team that started the season with Jobello, Hiwula and Kastaneer (in spurts) is so different from what it is now and I'm so pleased with the way we've filled in the gaps where needed early in the season and built some momentum.

rob9872

Walsh

But we wil get both in the championship plus adam armstrong and david mcgoldrick back and van aanholt will return as left bsck to replace mcallum
Where do you think Julian Gray will best fit into that side?

alfielloyd

they have both made a big impact on performances, my concern is they could run out of 'legs' between them they have played very few first team games. that is the risk with loaning talented but relatively inexperienced players. suspect that is the reason robins eased both of them into our first team.

clint van damme

I note that Bristol City have an 18 year old in the middle of midfield, Massengo. He must be some player.

So Walsh can't get in the Britol midfield because of Massengo and O'Hare can't get in the villa midfield because of wash 'n go

dadgad

Footy is a team game. Walsh would not be as good without the runners, the hod carriers....and Allen and O’Hare are no slouches. We’ve had some great midfielders down the years, Hagi, McCallister, Yorath, Mortimer, Gibson but they were hardly one man bands.

Grendel

any chance of signing either of them again next season, either on loan or perm?

not really O Hare May be in the same division anyway and Walsh is having a years extension triggered by Bristol

robbiekeane

not really O Hare May be in the same division anyway and Walsh is having a years extension triggered by Bristol
So if O'Hare isn't in the same division, might they loan him out?

Even if walsh get's extended would he get into their first team if they've spent cash on a CM?

Grendel

So if O'Hare isn't in the same division, might they loan him out?

Even if walsh get's extended would he get into their first team if they've spent cash on a CM?

Wages would be an issue I think we will look to sign the best players from league 1 and hope that they will step up

SlowerThanPlatt

Villa’s chief exec came out and said last week that if they have players in their 20s in their 23s and not their first team it shows their system is failing and that he wants it full of 16, 17 and 18 year olds who have a chance.

So it seems like from them comments O’Hare either goes into their first team next season or he doesn’t have a future there. They have an 18 year old playing at the same level as him in the same position

shmmeee

I think we’ll be looking at L1 players for small fees in comparison to Championship money who may be able to make the step up

It’ll be the same model won’t it? Pick up a few loanees from the higher division, a few experiments from the lower. Both seasons in L2 and L1 we’ve signed a couple of players from rivals who fit the division though. That’s the bit I’m not sure we’ll manage unless there’s some free who aren’t expecting tons of cash in wages.

SkyBlueCRJ

Wages would be an issue I think we will look to sign the best players from league 1 and hope that they will step up

Will we? The best players in L1 can command pretty substantial fees which we just simply couldn’t afford. Look at some of the reported fees paid for the so called ‘best players’ in L1 last season: Jamal Lowe: Portsmouth - Wigan £3M, Matthew Clarke: Portsmouth - Wigan £3M, Keiffer Moore: Barnsley - Wigan £2.5M, James Justin: Luton - Leicester £6M + significant add ons.

SlowerThanPlatt

Charlton signed a lot of lower league players. Oztumer, Aneke, Lockyer, Purrington from Rotherham but if you do that you’re never going to be too far away from where you started from

Evo1883

Charlton signed a lot of lower league players. Oztumer, Aneke, Lockyer, Purrington from Rotherham but if you do that you’re never going to be too far away from where you started from

I think there are some who could make the step up.

I quite like the look of callum camps from Rochdale... Fits our model at just 24.

Thought he looked too good to be in a relegation troubled side when we played them

Users who are viewing this thread