O'Hare bids (4 Viewers)

SkyBlueGuy

Like keeping it a secret? Of course OHare will know how long he's out for.

Not quite what I meant. But as several people have alluded to, these injuries can be very difficult to assess. I think if they were confident it would be a couple of weeks, they would probably say (why wouldn't they?). I am not suggesting that they are trying to cool interest from other teams, or anything like that. I just meant that when there is a possibility it may be a while, they may not be focusing on worst case scenarios. I am sure someone more informed may be able to weigh in here, but there is a psychological component to consider when managing injury. Not least because they are dealing with people who are also high value assets. Robins seemed very reticent to be drawn on specific timelines, which sounded a little unusual. Not a conspiracy theory, just suggesting a reason they might be careful about what and how they talk about it.

Samo

It’s annoying all this difficult season talk is coming out after week one

He knows we’ll struggle

Least COH is back soon ish

Yup. So all this bollocks about incremental progression has gone out the window and the message now is that we hit a 'ceiling' last year and cannot move forward.
We need need new ownership now to have any chance of further progression.

chiefdave

Is it the Robins is going to walk time of week again? This just seems like his usual expectation management to me, when has he ever come out and said everything is fantastic we're going to walk the league, promotion by Christmas.

edgy

Still no proper diagnosis on the extent of the injury.

Suspect he'll be back sooner than we think. Only missed 2 so far.

skyblue025

After todays update from MR it looks like he will just about be back match fit in time for the January window. Another 6-8 weeks out.

steve cooper

6 to 7 weeks would, ironically take us to around the Burnley game on 8th October. That would leave 9 games before the WC break.
Considering he was forecast to be out until after the world cup, that would not be too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread