Oh it's good to have Doyle back..... (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Nice to see he's leaving his mark on a game and not letting opposition players walk through us like last year. Welcome back Doyler! Untitled.png

hill83

If we had Doyle last season we'd have stayed up. No hidden message or anything else.

With all of our gutless players and shit managers last season. If we had #DOYLER last season we'd be in league 1 still. Top half too.

We'd still be in the Championship if we didn't let him go back then. #BIG-D #DOYLER

Polar

They did plenty of 'disgusting' tackling of their own - They knocked Mcnulty's teeth in ffs!

Is it even allowed for players to publicly complain about referees decisions after a game? Surely this is in contravention of some league rule?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vow

Astute

They did plenty of 'disgusting' tackling of their own - They knocked Mcnulty's teeth in ffs!

Is it even allowed for players to publicly complain about referees decisions after a game? Surely this is in contravention of some league rule?!

Welcome to Division 4 :smuggrin:

Some of us had watched football at this level before. It won't be the last time we get comments like this. They tried to bully us but came off second best eventually. It isn't a game for the purists. But I do enjoy a game with personal battles all over the pitch. Especially when your team is equipped for it.

steve82

Welcome to Division 4 :smuggrin:

Some of us had watched football at this level before. It won't be the last time we get comments like this. They tried to bully us but came off second best eventually. It isn't a game for the purists. But I do enjoy a game with personal battles all over the pitch. Especially when your team is equipped for it.

I'm the same, said earlier in the summer that recruitment had to be right with players of a strong mentality needed to be sought as we'd need to fight our way out.
Brawlers and ballers to get out of this league

Saturday didn't disappoint at all, L2 as I knew it to be.... we found ourselves on the end of a kicking but this time around we gave our share to.

More importantly after taking the punishment given our boys got up and got on with it as if it's the norm. No dramatics and no shirkers. We're back in for the next tackle to win it.

Recruitment seems right early doors tho proof will be in the winter months and obviously May.

Esoterica

I love that side of the game. It's not just about kicking the opposition but standing on the feet, little elbows in the ribs at set pieces, even a squeeze of the balls. Most players hate it. As soon as that player is thinking more about you than the ball, whether he's scared or wants a bit of revenge, you've won your battle. Done him in the head. Doyle's gonna be massive for us this year. Robins has already said in one of his recent interviews that he has to speak much less in the dressing room than last year because Doyle is saying it all for him. Think we might as well hand over player of the season now.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Astute

Doyle's gonna be massive for us this year. Robins has already said in one of his recent interviews that he has to speak much less in the dressing room than last year because Doyle is saying it all for him. Think we might as well hand over player of the season now.
And to think we have supporters that don't think he is good enough for us :woot:

Irish Sky Blue

The incident where McNulty was hurt was close to where we were sitting. It was a 50/50 ball and I think was more a case of McNulty being prepared to put his head in where it hurts rather than it being a foul by the County player. (I think he may have been down injured too).

Polar

The incident where McNulty was hurt was close to where we were sitting. It was a 50/50 ball and I think was more a case of McNulty being prepared to put his head in where it hurts rather than it being a foul by the County player. (I think he may have been down injured too).

Fair enough, I didn't get a good view of that incident but they certainly put in their share of physicality in the first half. Until they realised we have two actual nutters in midfield!

torchomatic

He moans about it although it is apparently #partofthejob

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Finally, a player with some balls in the team...

In among Hills hashtag mist, he's right. If we had Doyle last year there is a good chance we wouldn't have gone down.

Nick

Administrator
Imagine somebody competitive like Doyle or Grimmer playing alongside Reid or Andre Wright.

Warwickhunt

Not sure it's even from Doyle's tackle, look at the angles of the marks. Looks more like he's been flogged afterwards for his shit performance!
Now that was such a funny remark! I started laughing in the office and my colleagues kept giving me funny looks

Users who are viewing this thread