Oh Captain My Captain (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Standing on the desk to applaud McF for his efforts so far. Oldest in the squad but just keeps finding energy right till the end and using his experience to bail us out more than once. In some games spraying it around with quality more usually associated with others too.

A very tough man to replace as and when his legs eventually go.

torchomatic

Standing on the desk to applaud McF for his efforts so far. Oldest in the squad but just keeps finding energy right till the end and using his experience to bail us out more than once. In some games spraying it around with quality more usually associated with others too.

A very tough man to replace as and when his legs eventually go.

He has improved so much. That first season and even at the beginning of last he always seemed a heartbeat away from giving the ball away or conceding a penalty. He has been immense so far this season.

Last edited:

capel & collindridge

We’ve always generally looked better with him in the side, even when he made mistakes.
What I don’t understand is why (apart from playing for Burton) he hasn’t been a mainstay of a championship defence before now. He’s been a great signing for us.
It was because he'd been a mainstay in the Championship with MK Dons in 2015-6 that Burton paid a record fee for him when they got promoted and he got two more Championship seasons with them. Before he really hit the big time with us!!

Terry_dactyl

It was because he'd been a mainstay in the Championship with MK Dons in 2015-6 that Burton paid a record fee for him when they got promoted and he got two more Championship seasons with them. Before he really hit the big time with us!!
I should’ve checked…I didn’t know he was at MK Dons.
We did really well to get him then!

Liquid Gold

Just such a leader. It's going to be pivotal we replace him with quality whenever it is he can't keep this level up.

capel & collindridge

Nigel Clough said Fadz was at his peak fivwe years ago in 2016:

The 29-year-old defender has agreed a three-year deal with the Brewers.

The fee for the player is not being disclosed but is the highest paid by Burton Albion, beating the £20,000 paid for Russell Penn in 2009.

Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough said: “He’s a player we have admired for the last few seasons now. He’s a good, experienced defender who has had a season in the Championship. He’s a good age and has matured as a player. He’s probably at his peak and has hardly missed a game for the last two years.

"We have watched him extensively and we think he was the best centre half in League One and I think he’ll be better this time making the step up thanks to his previous experience in The Championship.

“We think he will be a help for us in the Championship. He leads by example on the pitch. We have to keep clean sheets and defend well. It’s important we keep that good solid, defensive record.”

McFadzean said: “I’m delighted we have got the deal over the line and I’m raring to go now.

“The Gaffer was a big reason for me to come here and Championship football again. The Gaffer believes in me and I can’t wait to get started. I have had a few weeks light training on my own and I can’t wait to join the lads.

“I want to make sure I’m fully fit and ready to go for that first game of the season.”

robbiethemole

I thought that Leo Ostigard would be the natural successor for Mc Fadz, cos he played so well along side him, but at the moment he looks
merely ok in what is supposed to be a strong Stoke defence. maybe we could get him back for next season if we're somewhere around the top 6?

Great_Expectations

A lot more cultured than previously given credit for. His ability on the ball, often under pressure or at the very least as last man, is really impressive.

And on top of that he does the old school defender stuff really well too.

Shame we won’t get longer out of him, especially as he’s one of those who could become a real cult hero if here longer, as he plays with such passion.

A real leader, especially in a team with no other natural leaders in it.

Big shoes to fill for someone over the next two seasons.

CDK

Remember he said on joining he was going to get better with robins coaching and he said I will improve.Great for the player and club also for the supporters.

Sky Blue Pete

To the tune of rasputin

Mc Mc Mc fad zean
Leader of the city team
He’ll fuck them up and send them back home

Mc Mc Mc fad zean
leader of the city team
If he’s in you won’t score a goal

da da da da la da etc etc

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Mistakes massively exaggerated for me ..

Was amazing in league 1 , and last season he was overall very solid
Nah not really exaggerated (I'm made to watch every game highlights by my boy on a regular basis) . But his changers are in double figures and he's cut them out.. And he's still immense. Just got better.

Users who are viewing this thread