Ogogo gone (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

He will probably put in a match winning performance when we play Brizzle Rovers at the Ricoh.

Otis

He was ok in gane one and that’s about it
Typical Grendel comment.

Wouldn't pay too much heed to that, FP.

Just had a look at the match ratings from that game.

Ratings for Ogogo were as follows from posters:

Then a post agreeing with all the ratings of the first post
Then someone saying he looked quality. (but no rating)
7 (that was Grendel)

So yeah, just okay.

Grendel

Typical Grendel comment.

Wouldn't pay too much heed to that, FP.

Just had a look at the match ratings from that game.

Ratings for Ogogo were as follows from posters:

Then a post agreeing with all the ratings of the first post
Then someone saying he looked quality. (but no rating)
7 (that was Grendel)

So yeah, just okay.

Look at the ratings Kevin Malaga got on his debut

Otis

Look at the ratings Kevin Malaga got on his debut
That's not the point though. No-one gave Ogogo an average rating, not even yourself.

Guessing the rule of thumb is ..

6 average
7 good
8 very good
9 excellent
10 outstanding.

No idea what happened to him after that first game, but he looked like he was showing real promise in the first fixture.

Grendel

That's not the point though. No-one gave Ogogo an average rating, not even yourself.

Guessing the rule of thumb is ..

6 average
7 good
8 very good
9 excellent
10 outstanding.

No idea what happened to him after that first game, but he looked like he was showing real promise in the first fixture.

The point is people often find positives on opening days and with debutants - so ratings tend to be on the higher scale

Otis

The point is people often find positives on opening days and with debutants - so ratings tend to be on the higher scale
Maybe. Fair point, but we did lose the game. That usually results in ratings being marked down.

hill83

I'd go as far as saying that all ratings are completely subjective and a complete waste of time reading anything into at all.

Grendel

I'd go as far as saying that all ratings are completely subjective and a complete waste of time reading anything into at all.

I agree

hill83

giphy.gif

Otis

And so you are also saying that even if just about everyone agrees we need to just ignore that. ;)

PVA

What a strange signing he has been.

Looked like a bit of a coup when we signed him, and I thought he was very good in the first game of the season against Scunthorpe.

Something must have happened behind closed doors, whether it was a falling out with MR, or he wasn't putting the effort in in training. Who knows.

Shame we couldn't get a fee for him but if he's not going to play then at least it frees up some wages.

Grendel

Great! That means we can dismiss all Grendel's 4's and 3's for Biamou then!!

I would never have marked him so high - other than perhaps his debut

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don't know what happened to him here but best for all concerned if he goes to try somewhere else. Best wishes to the guy.

Also good to see that MR can admit an error and be willing to rectify it - must be difficult to swallow your pride and let a player you'd gone to quite some expense to sign leave just 6 months into a three year contract. I'd have thought this would give us quite a bit of flexibility for potential signings now (on loan at least) with those wages off the bill.

Nick

Administrator
Somebody thinking is getting rid and others not signing like Willis etc is a sign the club is being wound up? A bit random

fatso

He didn't help himself by not looking match fit when given a chance. But I never understand why we would sign a player who doesn't fit in with our style of play (whatever it is)

Otis

He didn't help himself by not looking match fit when given a chance. But I never understand why we would sign a player who doesn't fit in with our style of play (whatever it is)
I'm sure I recall Robins saying he didn't fit in with our style of play at some point, which was a bit odd.

Captain Dart

I'm sure I recall Robins saying he didn't fit in with our style of play at some point, which was a bit odd.
Sounds better than the real issue I guess. :)

Otis

Can't remember quite when he said it, but it was something along the lines of him not knowing where to place him in the team.

Great_Expectations

Good news. I hadn’t heard of him before he joined he, and since he’s been with us he’s been anti climatic in relation to the hype when he signed.

Every time I saw him he looked a weak link; off the pace and technically very poor. First game he looked good, but even JCH looks good one game a season.

He was one of the highest earners at the club, so hopefully we can sign some new recruits in the few hours remaining.

Grendel

I just dismiss Grendull anyway. I've had him on my ignore list for ages! :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

I’m sure you are too preoccupied with the next IRA bombing campaign

Adge

What an odd signing that was! Oh well best if we both move on but it does question Robins signing him in the first place if, indeed, it was Robins who signed him.

shmmeee

Tell that to Netflix

(You can normalise ratings to get comparable values)

Ricketts

Two players that I have had high hopes for, but not being put in positions that they like/suit their game or whatever.

Andreu and Ogogo.

Magwitch

Also for the first couple of months of the season Michael Doyle was outstanding m-o-m match most games, so it was hard for Ogogo to get in and get established. Some signings just don’t come off, Ogogo being one, he’s been replaced with this Meyler from Reading, played a better standard than Ogogo ever has, Westbrook is emerging too we still have Bayliss, Kelly and Shipley. For me players come and go we move on​

Users who are viewing this thread