Oggy Retiring (1 Viewer)

Frank Sidebottom

Could he though? Not even making the bench at bottom half club currently...
He's played 39 games for Birmingham and I think he gets a payout if he plays a 40th. Which is why he's in the bomb squad... worth noting he's 34 in September so will probably be happy to see out his contract and Brum for another year unless they pay him off or someone offers him the same.

clint van damme

He's played 39 games for Birmingham and I think he gets a payout if he plays a 40th. Which is why he's in the bomb squad... worth noting he's 34 in September so will probably be happy to see out his contract and Brum for another year unless they pay him off or someone offers him the same.

spending the summer chasing unrealistic targets is what got us relegated from league one.

Never thought we'd ever see a keeper to better Bill Glazier. When he left we had some donkeys in goal (McManus springs to mind). And then Oggy arrives, and what a difference he made.

A long and happy retirement big Oggy, a great and loyal servant to the club.

Joy Division

Thanks Oggy, been a great servant to the club and will always be a legend.

Liquid Gold

spending the summer chasing unrealistic targets is what got us relegated from league one.
I think Robins is smarter than Mowbray and will have already spoken to Blues and Stockdale as well as other targets. I like that we get our business done early and this summer getting our first choice keeper in before pre season is key.

stupot07

Club legend. It's will be sad to see him go, 35 years service is a rarity in football. Our last club link to the FA Cup win and premier league football.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Legend - between his saves and Dublin's goals we stayed at the top for a good deal longer than we would have done !
Met him once - a true gent

Covstu

Absolute legend of our club, save pair of hands and helped cultivate some good decent young keepers out of the youth system. Sad loss to the club but a well deserved retirement. Thanks for the memories Oggy!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He was my favourite player growing up. Absolute legend for the club.

I remember one game (vaguely) at Highfield Road where we had Magnus Hedman as our number 1 but he got injured in the warm up. Oggy then had to play and it made me very happy when my dad told me.

Can't remember the score or game sadly. Didn't he score once too?

bezzer

An absolute Legend and a thoroughly nice bloke too.

Like a couple on here, I saw his home debut for the club, saw him in all the 1987 cup games, saw his heroics at White Hart Lane in 97 and was there for his last game for us in 2000. I did miss his goal against Wednesday though!

All the very best in retirement Oggy.

bezzer

He was my favourite player growing up. Absolute legend for the club.

I remember one game (vaguely) at Highfield Road where we had Magnus Hedman as our number 1 but he got injured in the warm up. Oggy then had to play and it made me very happy when my dad told me.

Can't remember the score or game sadly. Didn't he score once too?

Yeah, he scored at Hillsborough in 86.

Monners

An absolute Legend and a thoroughly nice bloke too.

Like a couple on here, I saw his home debut for the club, saw him in all the 1987 cup games, saw his heroics at White Hart Lane in 97 and was there for his last game for us in 2000. I did miss his goal against Wednesday though!

All the very best in retirement Oggy.
Reminds me - the first time I actually saw him play was against us for Liverpool in 80-81 in a 0-0 draw at Highfield Road - Ray Clemence was injured.

bawtryneal

Have a happy and healthy retirement Oggy. You deserve it.
Great memories from the "good old days"
Deserves a final testimonial or similar. Although he has made a good living, he missed out on the "big money" that today`s players make.

ccfchoi87

Wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkland is lined up. He knew Oggy was retiring months ago so has had long enough to throw his name in the hat!

Legend - between his saves and Dublin's goals we stayed at the top for a good deal longer than we would have done !
Met him once - a true gent

You've stirred my memory. I took my lad to meet the players & get a photo with the FA Cup a week or two after the win.

When we met Oggy I prompted my son to tell him he was a gk too. Oggy leaned down and asked what gloves he used - "Goalie gloves" said my lad. The big man grinned a very wide grin and, Greg Downes I think, said to Oggy "You asked for that".

Smiles all round - thanks for triggering that memory.

Users who are viewing this thread