Oggy on the radio (1 Viewer)

Orca

My view is that I listened with a little trepidation to start with, as having met him a couple of times, I wasn't really sure he'd really be any good for radio. However, credit where it's due, he knows what he's talking about and whilst he's not particularly excitable, the knowledge he has, particularly of the players he's been working with, is refreshing

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What did he say about Brown?

He said how well he thought he played against Southend and him being a young player. He clearly was thinking of Brandon Mason and a slip I'd have expected from Eakin, but given he was part of the coaching set up only a few months ago and would known both players it just seemed like an error I wouldn't have expected him to make.

Otis

I do go to the matches (season ticket), plug in my radio and listen to the commentary. Missed the first game as was on holiday, on got back Tuesday evening. Is that OK with you?
Yep. I do the same. At the game, but have the radio on too. Didn't know you were only supposed to do one or the other.

Sky_Blue_Ste

He said how well he thought he played against Southend and him being a young player. He clearly was thinking of Brandon Mason and a slip I'd have expected from Eakin, but given he was part of the coaching set up only a few months ago and would known both players it just seemed like an error I wouldn't have expected him to make.

They’d just been talking about Brown basically - I think it was just a slip but I’ve not heard him do any others?

Irish Sky Blue

I think Oggy is okay. He puts over his point of view well and knows what he is talking about. Sometimes it is difficult to listen to footballers on the radio or TV as they either talk in cliches, won’t say how things really are for fear of getting into bother or just find it hard to talk coherently with a mic under their nose (I have to say I have some sympathy with the latter as the one and only time I was interviewed for the radio I found it difficult).
Of the former players who are worth listening too, I like Chris Cattlin, Andy Blair and Noel Whelan, all have got something fresh to say. The most insightful Ex player they have had on I think has been Stuart Giddings. He seems to watch the team regularly and knows his stuff.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They’d just been talking about Brown basically - I think it was just a slip but I’ve not heard him do any others?

I thought they'd been talking about McCallum, then Oggy just mentioned how well Brown had done previous game. He clearly meant Mason and was just saying how there was another promising young left back at the club who was ahead in the pecking order, but for some reason he said Junior Brown.

To be fair, he hasn't made any other slip ups I've noted and it's something we've all done before and said the wrong persons name. At least he did actually choose a left back!

Users who are viewing this thread