Officially level on points with Pompey now (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Portsmouth were last night docked 10 points leaving us, as I'm sure you know, level on points with them. A a win today obviously gives us a great chance of escaping the relegation zone. What a chance this is, we might not get another one like this. C'mon you sky blues! PUSB!

speedie87

It's all about where we are after the last match. wouldn't even class this as a massive game, still plenty of points to play for.

speedie87

Just remember cov fans no more about surviving relegation battles than anyone else. Don't panic and stick together! A win on the last day to survive has got to be the equilvant excitement of about 5 titles for a utd fan. Love it!

Anyone else enjoying this season more than all the mid table ones? going to a match knowing the result matters, then looking at the teams around you results. Happy days

ohitsaidwalker king power

Just remember cov fans no more about surviving relegation battles than anyone else. Don't panic and stick together! A win on the last day to survive has got to be the equilvant excitement of about 5 titles for a utd fan. Love it!

Anyone else enjoying this season more than all the mid table ones? going to a match knowing the result matters, then looking at the teams around you results. Happy days

er no......:thinking about:

Otis

There may be all those points to play for, but away we still have Southampton, Leshtur, Hull, Cardiff and Burnley to come.

Think you may be understimating the significance of this match today.

kg82

I WOULD say this game is massive, as is every other game till the end of the season. And no, not particularly enjoying this season!

Otis

I am absolutely loathing it. This has been the worst season in living memory for me. Pretty much bottom of the table since Christmas and in the bottom 3 since October and all those painful last minute defeats.

Awful.

wingy

Portsmouth were last night docked 10 points leaving us, as I'm sure you know, level on points with them. A a win today obviously gives us a great chance of escaping the relegation zone. What a chance this is, we might not get another one like this. C'mon you sky blues! PUSB!

Still one point behind ,they have a game in hand ,the game against them up here is going to be so significant .

speedie87

Yeah but when we get out of it how good will that be. We'll all certainly remember this season what ever happens.

How many of the last ten years have been forgettable.

kg82

Yeah but when we get out of it how good will that be. We'll all certainly remember this season what ever happens.

How many of the last ten years have been forgettable.

Think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. It will, of course, feel amazing if we escape, but if we don't this will officially be the worst season in our recent history.

shmmeee

Think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. It will, of course, feel amazing if we escape, but if we don't this will officially be the worst season in our recent history.

I know it's weird but I don't see it like that. Relegation from the Prem was the worst ever, but I'm actually not that bothered about relegation from the Championship. I have hated the mediocrity of the last ten years and genuinely feel we'd have a chance of promotion if we go down (which we did when we came down last time but for some awful management).

I've not felt so depressed so often as this season but I totally understand what speedie is saying about the low troughs making the peaks all th more exhilarating.

Massive game today, wish I could go. Win this and we are right back in it with our destiny in our own hands.

Otis

I am totally bothered about us dropping out of the Championship. it could be the slippery slope to nowhere.

We had 34 years in the top flight and now 12 in the Championship. Relegation would be a total disaster.

Astute

We need to stay up. Full stop. If we went down with a Championship squad we would have a good chance of going straight back up. We don't even have a full squad. We would just become a 3rd div team without replacing players we have lost. Would SISU let us sign players? Will they still be with us?

Every game left this season is not massive. The games against the teams in the relegation battle with us are MASSIVE. We need at least a draw in these games. At least we have the easiest runin of teams at the bottom. We have to play nearly every team in the bottom half of the table. Much better than having to play nearly every team in the top half.

We have about the best recent form for teams at the bottom. I can still see a team going down that most consider to be safe at the moment. We are playing better than our position suggests. If we can keep Nimely fit we will be safe. If we win today our squad will be buzzing. A loss today would be a big blow, but nothing we could not come back from.

J

Jack Griffin

If we go down we'll probably have to trim the budget further. It is intended to move towards a wage cap of 60% of turnover in league one, currently the salaries are about 70% of a chanpionship turnover (so Fisher said), that is a lot more than permitted as league one turnover is a lot less than the championship.

Survival/Relegation, it could still go any way..

shmmeee

If we stay up well have to do it all again next season. It's becoming more apparent Hoffman doesn't want to buy us in our current position.

I'd honestly rather the whole thing comes to a head rather than keep limping along on life support. We are too big to drop through the leagues without someone coming in and taking a gamble on us. We are not Luton, we are a big one club city with a very good stadium. Name one club from a city the size of ours that has dropped to L2?

Grendel

Bradford and Wolverhampton.

J

Jack Griffin

"However, new ownership could not prevent Villa being relegated to the Third Division for the first time at the end of the 1969–70 season." :p

shmmeee

Bradford and Wolverhampton.

Bradford I'll give you. Wolves are in the Prem, hardly a good example of a team that sank without a trace. They spent about one season in Div 3.

And both of those are smaller cities than Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread