Offer Made for Bigi (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

When a player's out of favour that's just what happens-it's stupid. We're in no position to be letting him go if he stays fit.

Sky

How anyone can say 500k for Gael is a good deal is beyond me... Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain had one good season in league 1 at Gaels age and Arsenal bought him for what? £10m? If we sell Gael for nothing now then we are going to heavilly regret it when Newcastle are trying to fight off selling him for millions.. Andy Carrol for £1m ring any bells..?

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I really like Bigi... May not be consistent but that is usual at a young age... And when he's playing his best he is actually exciting to watch, can't say that about many of our players. If we must sell him I hope we at least have the sense to add a sell on clause... But lets face it we probably won't!

dongonzalos

When a player's out of favour that's just what happens-it's stupid. We're in no position to be letting him go if he stays fit.

The shame was when he came back from injury and demanded a loan. Keogh and cranie were playing so well u wished he said right when I get my chance I am staying in.

Personally I would have preferred Keogh at right back and him in at cb.

However I am still surprised he spat his dummy out.

skybluehugh

So were is the 3500 season ticket sales being spent cause it an't on the the team. This is just like close season last year loads out and none in. We will be struggling to put a team out for the 1st game of the season at this rate. See you all in D4 if were still in business

So WHERE is the 3500 season ticket sales being spent cause it an't on the the team. This is just like close season last year loads out and none in. We will be struggling to put a team out for the 1st game of the season at this rate. See you all in D4 if were still in business

The money from season ticket sales will be going towards paying off the loan that SISU took out against this years season ticket sales.

cheever

Lack of experience? Has anyone here really hero worshipped Thorn? I think he takes a lot of advice from Harrison and I think that he is much more of a problem than AT.

But surely as MANAGER, AT calls the shots????

Or is it a case of everything that goes well is down to AT, and everything shitty is A. N. Other's fault.....:thinking about:

Or is it a case of everything that goes well is down to AT, and everything shitty is A. N. Other's fault.....:thinking about:

If you were doing a job and someone more experienced told you it was better their way, you would most likely do it their way. He is a trainee manager at the end of the day.

Nick

Administrator
If they were more experienced and better at the job, surely he shouldn't be in a job above them? There is no such thing as a trainee manager, he IS the manager.

Grendel

And he's the right man to get us out of L1 (based on no evidence)....:facepalm:

Oh he's perfect for getting us out of league one.

Nick

Administrator
It did look as if the flair was played out of him, look at what happened to Nimely too.

Sometimes with our midfield it looked as if there was an imaginary line that they had to stop at, once they got that far they would stop.

Nonleagueherewecome

OK Thorn "not raters" (seeing as we aren't allowed to say "hate" anymore), you all need to stop complaining about SISU then, don't you? Clearly it makes no odds what they do, as Thorn's a crap manager anyway? Let them get on with it, we won't go anywhere under Thorn.

skyblueshaun

what happend to kieron Westwood who had a spell in team before coming down with flu and losing his place. He is good keeper saw him at the Ireland match on saturday and he was very good. he will be back in that sunderland side next year and in the meantime has a small trip to the euros to cheer him up. Hardley a reason to imply it was a bad move.
yea i would love his job sittin on a bench on £30,000 a week

stupot07

We know for a fact that the board loaned out Thomas to Liverpool without letting the manager have a say, so what makes you think AT has any say on who is sold. The board makes those decisions based on finance.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...-decision-says-aidy-boothroyd-92746-28099900/

stupot07

It did look as if the flair was played out of him, look at what happened to Nimely too.

Sometimes with our midfield it looked as if there was an imaginary line that they had to stop at, once they got that far they would stop.

No nimely just want that good. He looked great on debut vs a ten man team playing open football, but most teams had worked him out. In the end you could see why mowbery didn't play him up top and why he only started him once.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How anyone can say 500k for Gael is a good deal is beyond me... Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain had one good season in league 1 at Gaels age and Arsenal bought him for what? £10m? If we sell Gael for nothing now then we are going to heavilly regret it when Newcastle are trying to fight off selling him for millions.. Andy Carrol for £1m ring any bells..?

Or West Ham now being interested - apparently - in Ben Turner....

Grendel

OK Thorn "not raters" (seeing as we aren't allowed to say "hate" anymore), you all need to stop complaining about SISU then, don't you? Clearly it makes no odds what they do, as Thorn's a crap manager anyway? Let them get on with it, we won't go anywhere under Thorn.

I would revert that the other way. I can't stand SISU because they employed Thorn and continue to employ him. If you like Thorn so much lay of SISU as they are the only people clueless enough and stupid enough to retain his services.

Brighton Sky Blue

No nimely just want that good. He looked great on debut vs a ten man team playing open football, but most teams had worked him out. In the end you could see why mowbery didn't play him up top and why he only started him once.

I think that's a little harsh to be fair-he had the ability and pace to run at defenders, make intelligent runs off the ball, and cause problems with the ball. His problem was that he was so often fed hoofs from the back and asked to take the ball at chest or head height-it was pointless. Towards the end all the games caught up with him and he struggled, but had we bothered playing to his strengths than treating him like Platt Mk II, I think we'd have got more from him.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I would revert that the other way. I can't stand SISU because they employed Thorn and continue to employ him. If you like Thorn so much lay of SISU as they are the only people clueless enough and stupid enough to retain his services.

Or sufficiently duplicitous?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i honestly believe and really think bigi would do brillant in league 1 if we hold onto him with conor thomas beside him, were really short players now hes got taste what its like to play against good teams if we lose him for league 1 i just dont know anymore and with sisu seeing 1 mill in front of them they wont say no.

should ccfc fans boycott matches now and stop spending thier money because all it seems to be going is into sisus pocket not to the club why keep giving them more money and let them keep stripping the team our club being ripped to pieces right in front of us im sick of it!!

stupot07

I think that's a little harsh to be fair-he had the ability and pace to run at defenders, make intelligent runs off the ball, and cause problems with the ball. His problem was that he was so often fed hoofs from the back and asked to take the ball at chest or head height-it was pointless. Towards the end all the games caught up with him and he struggled, but had we bothered playing to his strengths than treating him like Platt Mk II, I think we'd have got more from him.

I may have been a little harsh but I disagree with you that he made intelligent runs off the ball. His standard move way to drop into the hole an try and turn so he could run a the defence, he very very rarely made runs in behind which is why he became so easy to mark, defenders knew he would just drop off - and the he would turn to face a defensive midfielder and 4 defenders who'd smother him out. Also when not in possession and the ball out wide he never showed any desire to get into the box, he used to just stand on the edge of the box.

He has all the potential in the world and did cause problems, but at 21 now he still needs to learn a lot and some of that is bread and butter striker runs that he really should already know.

Sterling Archer

Nimely was fantastic away at Burnley until he had to come off injured. Our only real danger and constantly skinning their defenders alive. Shame he can't finish.

Brighton Sky Blue

I may have been a little harsh but I disagree with you that he made intelligent runs off the ball. His standard move way to drop into the hole an try and turn so he could run a the defence, he very very rarely made runs in behind which is why he became so easy to mark, defenders knew he would just drop off - and the he would turn to face a defensive midfielder and 4 defenders who'd smother him out. Also when not in possession and the ball out wide he never showed any desire to get into the box, he used to just stand on the edge of the box.

He has all the potential in the world and did cause problems, but at 21 now he still needs to learn a lot and some of that is bread and butter striker runs that he really should already know.

Factor in that this season was his first proper taste of English football and that we were relying on him week in week out, I think he offered at least as much as our other striking options (initially, this was just Platt and Sheffs). His bigger weakness for me is his lack of composure in front of goal and a poor standard of finishing in general-I recall him breaking through 1 on 1 at Reading and blasting it straight at the keeper. I see where you're coming from but for a young man being asked to lead the line for a weak Championship team, I don't think he did badly.

Sub

Magpies Make Bid For Top Young Midfielder

10:10 am, Thursday, May 31st, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 16 Comments

Newcastle seem to be very interested in bringing Coventry City youngster Gael Bigirimana to Tyneside.

Gael Bigirimana – 18 year-old Coventry midfielder

We reported on Monday that Newcastle were interested in the top youngster, who was voted the Championship’s Apprentice of the Year for last season.
And we had said in that report, it would now be Newcastle’s next step to agree a fee for the very talented midfielder, who was born in the Republic of Burundi in eastern Africa.
News today that Newcastle have made a bid for the player, and it’s estimated at between £500K and £1M for the youngster.
Newcastle will be bringing in a number of young players this summer to fill out their Development squad, as there has been a mini clear-out this summer, with around 12 youngsters leaving the club when their contracts expire at the end of June.
From what we can tell, this lad is a top young player who has already appeared 26 times for his club, and it’s not surprising that Coventry, who were relegated to League One last season, want to keep him.
He would be a good acquisition for the future of Newcastle, if can get him to St. James’ Park.

owell another one bites the dust and will proberbly be leaving :(:(:(:(

Last edited:

Sub

Newcastle United make £750,000 bid for next Cheik Tioté

by Doocey on May 31st, 2012
Bigirimana - Looks a bit like wor Tioté and plays a similar role

There are quite strong reports bouncing around that Alan Pardew is very close to his second signing of the summer transfer window in the shape of Coventry City youngster Gael Bigirimana. The Sky Blues man is a midfielder, which – any time I’ve seen him play at least – drops quite deep and hassles opposition a bit like Tioté. Not only does he look like the Ivorian, it seems like he might be a similar player in the type of game he likes to play. However, some Coventry City fans have mentioned that he’s not bad going forward either, with some touting him as the next Essien!
Their manager, is hoping that the midfielder doesn’t make a move away from the Ricoh Arena:
“Gael’s a good talent but he’s still got a heck of a lot to learn and I’d be really disappointed if he left.”
“He’s in there and very much part of my plans and I’d love to see him continue his development with us. I think it’s really important at his age that he’s playing competitive football. I’d love him to be part of it.”
I don’t think Bigirimana – who happens to be part of the Congolese U-18 setup – would think twice about leaving Coventry to join Newcastle United, and learn from the likes of Ti0té & it is definitely worth noting that Coventry City were relegated to League 1 this season after an abysmal season.
The fee is rumoured to be in the region of £1m, but we’ve it on quite decent account, that it is closer to the £750,000 mark – which to a Premier League team is pennies, but decent bucks for a team playing their football in the third division of England.
Burnley were expected to make a move for him in March, but nothing materialized and it looks like Graham Carr and Pardew are ready to pound for the 18 year-old.
Again, we’ve been linked with good young talent, and if this fella arrives, then it’s hard not to be excited about his potential.
Of course all the pessimists will say we’re looking for Bigirimana because Cheik Tioté could be lining up a move away from St.James’ Park but even if he was – I’d much rather have a replacement for him than not.
We’ve got to be thinking ahead in this window because we’re losing players this summer, and that’s even before we begin to discuss some of our star men.
If there’s any other Coventry City fans out there, do not be afraid to give us your thoughts on Gael in the comments area below!
Comments welcome as always
icon_smile.gif

http://www.tynetime.com/2012/05/31/...e-united-make-750000-bid-for-next-cheik-tiote

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread