Offal gaffs (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Page not been updated since last season.

Nick

Administrator
According to the Player Profiles on the Offal, Page is our player and Bigirimana is on loan. It doesn't really matter and of course there are unfortunately much bigger issues, but I believe this is symptomatic of the club's sloppy approach to communications.
Agreed, a two second job

Hobo

Think they have someone new starting soon or recently started who should sort all that out.

Also people leaving. Retention under SISU isn't good.

Hobo

Pretty sure Anderson wasn't doing the website updates ;)

And Anderson is the only one who has left during their reign lol. They run on a shoestring, customer service is alien to their business philosophy. Any attempt to get fans on board or in the loop has been a token gesture and short lived

ajsccfc

The Wikipedia page has our current home but last season's away. Even Wikipedia editors are losing interest.

Glenn Storer

Agreed, a two second job

It's shite like this that pisses me off the most; they're supposed to be a professional outlet covering the City's sports teams and they can't even keep up to date with little things like this.

Let alone scraping scoops off this site and basically posting them as "news" verbatim.

Nick

Administrator
It's shite like this that pisses me off the most; they're supposed to be a professional outlet covering the City's sports teams and they can't even keep up to date with little things like this.

Let alone scraping scoops off this site and basically posting them as "news" verbatim.

I was on about the official ccfc site?

mark82

Glad someone else has noticed this coz it annoys the hell out of me. Have we still got last seasons friendlies listed on the fixture list?

Nick

Administrator
If reports are right about no CT access to Mowbray and the players it means it will now be down to CCFC to do it all.

I feel a bit for Andy Turner, as although I don't always agree with the stuff he writes it is always about the football (him saying a player is good and me not agreeing etc, which is part of football) and it is going to make his job a lot harder.

If we had a good setup for things like that then it wouldn't be such an issue. There are staff there, so it isn't as if there is nobody to do it.

It just begs the question what do they do all day? The website could be tidied up within an hour, they could be doing videos of the players training and what the players are up to when there isnt much news. Behind the scenes stuff like that will interest people.

In this day and age with the internet, it takes minutes to walk outside and take a video of the players doing shooting practise or something and put it up on the website and youtube.

Last edited:

Pete in Portugal

If we had a good setup for things like that then it wouldn't be such an issue. There are staff there, so it isn't as if there is nobody to do it.

It just begs the question what do they do all day? The website could be tidied up within an hour, they could be doing videos of the players training and what the players are up to when there isnt much news. Behind the scenes stuff like that will interest people.

I suspect the reason is that the people who are employed to do this work are paid peanuts. So they lack the skills and experience to perform well. I also suspect that they also don't receive adequate management support and training to help them develop their skills and experience. With the inevitable results.

Nick

Administrator
I suspect the reason is that the people who are employed to do this work are paid peanuts. So they lack the skills and experience to perform well. I also suspect that they also don't receive adequate management support and training to help them develop their skills and experience. With the inevitable results.

Somebody on minimum wage should be able to do it easily. Especially as these are people with degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread