o'donovan (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

He scored on his first start for hibs just to say.:D

(i know he's made sub app)

ccfcway

level on goals with "1st choice" McDoanld already

Actually, didnt he score one against Bury ?

mark82

Standard is lower in Scotland than in the championship. I believe ROD has scored goals in league 1 in the past. SPL is a similar level, Rangers & Celtic aside.

Delboycov

Standard is lower in Scotland than in the championship. I believe ROD has scored goals in league 1 in the past. SPL is a similar level, Rangers & Celtic aside.

Rangers???? Would be lucky to finish in the top half of League 2!

Nonleagueherewecome

Recall him quick!!

I think I would, TBH! At least its another sub option with pace. Maybe let him bang in 3 or 4 more first (which he probably will. Good L1 player, ROD..that's SPL standard!)

ccfcway

hes more using banging in goals in Scotland that sitting in our reserves, at least his confidenece will be higher when he comes back, IF he continues in this form

CJparker

Who would you select first out of ROD or Eastwood? At least ROD tries, unlike others I can mention. In a dogfight you need people who'll give 100%, not people who will run to fat and hope to get into the team on the promise of the odd flash of quality

Grendel

Who would you select first out of ROD or Eastwood? At least ROD tries, unlike others I can mention. In a dogfight you need people who'll give 100%, not people who will run to fat and hope to get into the team on the promise of the odd flash of quality

How dare you insult Freddie he may have body issues and be very sensitive. Why don't you take you're Nast views away and start a new forum on you're own - can't have debate on here you know - according to some people.

Gaz

I hope he does well up there.
Then he might come back to us and be a better player, or at the least we could get a fee for him.

CCFCSteve

I dont care what league youre playing in...thats going in !!!! Great goal (with a touch of luck)

Hope he does well up there

aodea

Yeah in fairness being Irish i have always wanted ROD too do well. He looked like he would have a bright future when he was playing for Cork City. he has been loaned ut so much you almost feal sorry for the chap. I really hope he finds a bit of form for Hibs and scores a few goals. Think Championship may be bit much for him but if we were to go down i would like to see him involved. Only place i remember him scoring goals was a spell at hartlepool.

Nonleagueherewecome

Crikey, that probably wins Goal of The Season by a City player!

ajsccfc

If we get him back, there's a clear key to his success: don't allow him time to think about what he's doing, and befuddle him as much as possible. Glorious goals will ensue.

Pigeon

Cracking goal, shame he didn't do that for us. Maybe he'll regain some goal scoring form getting a run of games for Hibs.

Re: my stupidity in creating a duplicate thread - apologies, did an O'donovan search and nothing came up because i missed out the apostrophe!

But great goal, don't think theres any chance we'd recall him but hopefully he'll get his confidence up and have a good end of season up there, ready to bust a gut in our pre season.

señor Santiago

He's not a bad player, he did miss a handful against southampton but at least he was getting into the positions :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

Always thought he had something to offer, but like a few of our players he's a confidence player. He lacks a level of composure, as some of his misses here-and indeed his general reaction before the Hibs goal!-indicate. But if he had a bit more self-belief, he has ability, as that goal and a few of his strikes for Hartlepool show (some cracking goals amongst them, too!). I sometimes think he doesn't think he can do it at our level, whereas in the SPL & L1 he knows he's good enough.

If it comes to relegation, I reckon he'll be more than useful in L1, where his pace has proved a real handful in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread