O'Donovan and Christie (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

How did these guys play? No-one has mentioned either... Everyone talking about Sheffers and Belly and some about juke. But did ROD look ATALL dangerous? And did Christies look dangerous going forward? Cheers

Pigeon

thought Roy got in some good positions but didn't really have any other impact. Cyrus is improving and growing in confidence every week, took on players, defended well and made some decent runs.

rob9872

Cyrus will learn his defensive duties. He will be good, he will make mistakes, we need to look after him and he will be a big player for us, but we can't heap too much pressure.

RoD will never be good enough I'm afraid imo. He's an honest guy, works hard, makes runs (supposedly has pace although I'm yet to see it but we don't play to that particular strength), but he simply doesn't have enough ability to make it at this level. He's not even a bench impact player and I think it shows how bad we are in that department that our toothless attack means he is currently first choice in that role.

SkyBlue_Bear83

ROD played behind Juke today which I found odd, mainly he just ran around looking for knock downs and the loose ball. Has little quality in the final third.
Christie is not ready for Championship football yet imo, in an ideal world he would be loaned out to a league 1/2 club but obviously we can't do that with our squad. He is a good prospect but dived in a bit today and got beaten. Also one horrendous mis-control which nearly allowed Birmingham to score.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
CCFC, im glad you figured where ROD was playing today because I was unsure! One minute he was upfront (or up the field near to Juke) but then he'd be dropping back trying to be some sort of playmaker, where we already had 2 of these in Clingan and Bigirimana.

Not a criticism of ROD though, as he did do well.

TBH, I thought most did well apart from the 2 mentioned on another post (sheffers and Bell).

Christie is still looking like a decent prospect. Id still prefer Keough at RB in place of him though!

Users who are viewing this thread