Odds for next Cov manager already running (1 Viewer)

mark82

Steve Davis you mean

Crewe are a half decent footballing side, wouldn't be my first choice but would certainly give him a chance if he was appointed

Yep, obviously. Sorry.

Would like Rosler too. Di Canio wouldn't be horrendous apart from obvious personality floors.

Delboycov

Owen Coyle..Nigel Adkins...Uwe Rosler...possibly even Paul Tisdale or Greg Abbott Chances are it will be Lee Carsley...unless we've appointed a scout recently that I don't know about.

Faz

Either we will get a crap manager who will drag us down, or a decent one that won't last 6 months. Whatever the case, another one of these threads will be up again in the summer i bet. I hate to say it but i can't find it in me to care as much as i did once. After MR, i can't trust any manager. This is no-one's Sky Blue Army but our own. The only people i really trust anymore are the fans... at least some are still around after all the shite we have had to deal with!

Astute

Do you think its likey the money we receive from Huddersfield will be used to recruit a manager already in a job?

Maybe if we used the cash to pay some rent our next manager would feel more secure in his job, and also chances of keeping his squad together.

Stafford_SkBlue

What ever - we must not allow what happened last time 5 game managerless and all lost. Eric is local and available - quick decision required even if its to end of season.

Otis

Early favourite is Phil Brown.

Oh no, not again.

Hope it has the same outcome as last time.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Astute

Early favourite is Phil Brown.

Oh no, not again.

Hope it has the same outcome as last time.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You hoping we sign MR again?

curly_tom

Why does everyone fear Phil Brown? He did well at Hull then struggled at Preston with a tough job. I reckon he'd do well.

Otis

Why does everyone fear Phil Brown? He did well at Hull then struggled at Preston with a tough job. I reckon he'd do well.

'3 managerial appointments, sacked all 3 times.

One bit of success at Hull and nothing but failure after that. He had success nearly 4 years ago. Nothing since.

Famously bollocked the players on the pitch at half-time (which some on here champion as a good thing), but after that debacle the team then went on to win just ONE out of the next NINETEEN games.Therefore the people on here that hold that up as some kind of beacon are wrong.

Listen to what the Preston fans have to say about him. Playing people out of position, the wrong tactics, sending the youth team up a fell and making them find their own way back down and home again which totally backfired on him.
And then there's this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lte1R2NAIlg

Boateng talking about him and how everything was wrong.

Amongst others.

Read GMK. Pretty much to a man people are really against Phil Brown coming here.'

RoboCCFC90

Simon Grayson or Nigel Adkins please! Would just prefer that Mark Robins stayed!

Astute

I remember being their manager very well. I used to live on the other side of the Humber bridge to Hull. Worked with a lot of Hull fans. He lost the dressing room well before the event on the pitch. They said his football manager skills on the pitch are good. Man management skills 0 though. Not something that is easy to learn.

TommyAtkins

Gary Johnson has turned us down twice before
Billy Davies, even if he was available, didn't apply last time
Dennis Wise turned us down
Adkins is, according to the press, waiting for a Premiership job.
Coyle is unlikely to drop below Championship level.
Tisdale has turned down Championship clubs in the past

Best guess, whether fans like it or not, is that the "best" applicants will be someone like:

Phil Brown
Paul Ince
Chris Wilder
Bobby Gould
Possibly Abbott or Grayson

D

Deleted member 2526

In an ideal world, Grayson or Adkins would be great appointments.

Wise might be worth a go, as might Andy Morrell (if we can afford the risk) currently doing well as player manager at Wrexham.

I think most people would be pleased with this, unlikely though

Just for the record Eric Black's stats as manager at CCFC: (11/12/03 - 03/05/04)

P W D L % Win
26 12 4 10 46

Second only to MR over recent years

Last edited:

shropshirecov

Gary Johnson has turned us down twice before
Billy Davies, even if he was available, didn't apply last time
Dennis Wise turned us down
Adkins is, according to the press, waiting for a Premiership job.
Coyle is unlikely to drop below Championship level.
Tisdale has turned down Championship clubs in the past

Best guess, whether fans like it or not, is that the "best" applicants will be someone like:

Phil Brown
Paul Ince
Chris Wilder
Bobby Gould
Possibly Abbott or Grayson

Dennis wise applied last time, do you make stuff up as you go along?

TommyAtkins

Go back and read the evidence, such as it was at the time. We have no way of knowing whether or not this is 100% accurate but there is some stuff out there that supports this conclusion

If the reporting is right, Wise exercised an interest in the job but when confronted with the limitations, chose to withdraw his application.

Wise wasn't the only manager out off by financial constraints.

wolfie

After seeing what he has achieved so far And just to throw another name in the pot. What about ole Gunnar solskjaer!

Users who are viewing this thread