October Manager Of The Month (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Any of the games we won could easily have went the other way there is very little between winning and losing in this division those 5 wins could easily have been 5 losses lets not get too carried away yet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The most half empty post in the history of the site

smileycov

Facebook User
When Robins wins it at the expense of Sunderland It'll give them something else to hold against us for a few years.
They are at it already!! Sunderland Echo reporting he won over Ross, purely because we played 1 game more!
Nothing to do with the higher calibre of opposition we faced then eh? Muppet's

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Any of the games we won could easily have went the other way there is very little between winning and losing in this division those 5 wins could easily have been 5 losses lets not get too carried away yet

Could quite easily say the opposite to games we’ve drew and lost -
Rochdale
Gillingham
Scunthorpe
Sunderland - that Chance Chaplin missed!

It is what it is and we’ve won 5/6 games.

The Great Eastern

........ There's a few full stops I can spare you as your device seems to have none.

CJ_covblaze

BrizzolSkyBlue

Why would we be?
No sensible answer to that, there's just tendancy amongst a lot of fans to be superstitious, with things like having the same routine before a match, not washing your shirt after a particularly good result (not that I would ever do that of course).

higgs

We could lose the next 5 games in a row. Not because Robin's won manager of the month.

It doesn't mean we are shite.
Like I said above there's very little between any of the teams.

Covstu

Yeah what’s the point

CJ_covblaze

No sensible answer to that, there's just tendancy amongst a lot of fans to be superstitious, with things like having the same routine before a match, not washing your shirt after a particularly good result (not that I would ever do that of course).

Never got why people do that. It doesn’t make any difference to the chance of a win or loss. Same goes for players too. When I played some lads always put their left sock on before their right or had lucky pants. Weird behaviour. All it guarantees is a bit of inconvenience every week.

CJ_covblaze

Warwickhunt

I walked under a ladder and the bloke up the ladder fell off and just missed me! :happy::happy:

CanadianCCFC

And earlier there were defeats and draws that could’ve been wins

CJ_covblaze

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
But does the superstitious behavior (socks on left foot etc) put them in a better more positive mental state that potentially allows them to perform to a higher level than if they had a negative feeling from not adhering to the superstition.
It cannot correct their basic mistakes and inability but it may enhance them mentally.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Never got why people do that. It doesn’t make any difference to the chance of a win or loss. Same goes for players too. When I played some lads always put their left sock on before their right or had lucky pants. Weird behaviour. All it guarantees is a bit of inconvenience every week.

It's probably something rooted deep in the human mind and linked to needing to feel a sense of control over events. Was it Paul Ince that always used to put his shirt on in the tunnel?

Users who are viewing this thread