observer article (1 Viewer)

Godiva

Como

I did not realise that Wasps had bought the Ricoh. I thought they had just bought ACL?

Grendel

I did not realise that Wasps had bought the Ricoh. I thought they had just bought ACL?

What's the difference?

shy_tall_knight

As a stand alone article fairly balanced but quoting GMK and SCG but not mentioning SBT which is a far bigger fan's body as well as failing to mention the move to Northampton and the attempts to gain control of the Ricoh though distressing ACL are missing.

But as the article says we all want to know and deserve an explanation.

Nick

Administrator
As a stand alone article fairly balanced but quoting GMK and SCG but not mentioning SBT which is a far bigger fan's body as well as failing to mention the move to Northampton and the attempts to gain control of the Ricoh though distressing ACL are missing.

It does mention the trust doesn't it?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Be interesting to see who wrote the piece, is Mr Reid the author I wonder? All sides have been as culpable in the sorry mess as each other but the fact that Sisu's total disregard for the fans since day one which started with the share claw back makes the article slightly skewed to say the least.

Grendel

Chipfat

All seem to have an agenda and all push a story that in the end comes down to "its not my fault" well all have blame, all have to look hard at themselves as nobody in this wins... The fans will fall out, differ in opinion while those in power are using us to push or brush things under the carpet, playing the victim...Sisu have the most to answer for in my opinion, as they had the option and position to make the most of it,, but others for whatever reason decided after time that Sisu were and are not getting any foot hold in this city....

It has to stop Courts, He said ,she said, BS and hiring of PR teams to create what they think will help the cause,,, everybody needs to move on,, if Sisu truly want this club and a future,,then build a stadium,, Show us plans and start to engage with fans with facts.. If they are playing a game to stress another entity into submission the club as we no it will no longer be there for anyone to prove a point.. I'm no expert in business and writing this like every post is with a heavy heart as everyday goes by a bit more of me caring is disappearing,, i know most won't care and my words mean nothing to anyone apart from myself.. But this really does have to change or stop, as hope is the only things fans have and if that goes where do they go or what do we do ,, keep reading who was right.... Like my words it make no difference,actions are now needed, by sisu or by other parties to clear the way forward so all can get back talking football..

Most on here have now become experts on laws,courts and contracts when really we should be talking about players, goals games and memories of past and hoping for better futures..

tisza

there was no rent. that's why there is a loan which is why there is an argument and so on.
if we're going to have an independent inquiry then it has to include everything. for example the behaviour / actions of all parties involved that led to certain actions/ decisions being made.
also I'm not convinced the sale of the acl is more important than the issues over club ownership & management.

Nick

Administrator
Come on Nick SBT = skybluestalk - you may have heard of it

Well they wouldn't say Sky Blues Talk approves of something because it is a discussion forum for views. It wouldn't be my place to give a statement or "approve" of something. It is about the members, not me and what I think, so would be wrong for me to say "Sky Blues Talk backs this, or Sky Blues Talk backs that" I think.

I may well personally totally agree or disagree with something, that's my personal view only.

Sky Blue Dal

Whilst they at it can the Observer also fight to demand an independent inquiry of how our football club is run considering the FL so far has failed to do so.

Also an independent inquiry on if we really going to get a new stadium and where is it going to be??

J

Jack Griffin

Whilst they at it can the Observer also fight to demand an independent inquiry of how our football club is run considering the FL so far has failed to do so.

Also an independent inquiry on if we really going to get a new stadium and where is it going to be??

How about an independent inquiry into who owns CCFC?

Samo

they bought a lease they don't own the ricoh

Irrelevant. The stadium will be demolished before the lease is up. Effectively, they own the stadium.

italiahorse

Why don't we know? What rent did ACL previously pay?

From the JR

1. ACL took a 50 year sublease of the Arena from CNR, with the option ofpaying a £1.9m per annum rent or a premium of £21m. In addition, “superrent” was payable, based on ACL’s net profit before tax, of 10% on profitsover £3.75m rising to 50% of profits over £7.75m.

italiahorse

there was no rent. that's why there is a loan which is why there is an argument and so on.
if we're going to have an independent inquiry then it has to include everything. for example the behaviour / actions of all parties involved that led to certain actions/ decisions being made.
also I'm not convinced the sale of the acl is more important than the issues over club ownership & management.

There was a substantial rent as soon as ACL made certain profits.

will am i

THE Coventry Observer today joins mounting calls for an independent inquiry into shadowy affairs which resulted in a council deal to sell the Sky Blues' football stadium to London Wasps.

Sorry but mounting calls for an independent inquiry. Really. By who? Only the Observer and SISU and as far as i can tell. Time to move on and see what the plan is for our club the Ricoh has gone and this stuff is a distraction that can be sorted in the courts

Samo

THE Coventry Observer today joins mounting calls for an independent inquiry
into shadowy affairs which resulted in a council deal to sell the Sky Blues' football stadium to London Wasps.

Sorry but mounting calls for an independent inquiry. Really. By who? Only the Observer and SISU and as far as i can tell. Time to move on and see what the plan is for our club the Ricoh has gone and this stuff is a distraction that can be sorted in the courts

And 15 or 20 on here. Including me.

wingy

The players and golden share have probably already moved into another Sisu company ready for administration.
In error of course and from previous management (TF will need to go first )

Has Byng started any new companies recently?
TF did back in June , real estate based and around the time the hedgefund said no more Lolly and by the way we're not paying the £500k you've blown up to now on fantasy land

italiahorse

Shouldn't be a worry then.

Though of course may have been negotiated differently anyway with the new owners.

I would expect ACL to still have a similar clause.
It would answer the question reference the 250 years lease effectively giving Wasps the Ricoh freehold.
Will we ever know?

oldfiver

There are more fans not members of either body !!

John_Silletts_Nose

The article is saying the same thing as last week's article and all previous articles.

Given the litigious nature of SISU Capital, does anyone really think that the Wasps deal was not examined by many legal people to ensure that it is watertight and not breaking any laws or regulations.
The question will be raised that if it is all fine then why not open it up to examination, well that could be for many reasons and many private companies want confidentiality, SISU Capital would request the same and have done so in the past, as we know from the evidence revealed in the court cases.

It would be interesting to know details of the deal but I don't think it'll make any difference to anyone except SISU Capital and so it doesn't matter to us fans.

The important information is to know what is the future for the club, what is the strategy for the club, what is really happening to make things progress on the pitch.

If The Observer wants to make some real breaking news then tell us who really owns the club? Who are SISU Capital investors and ARVO investors.

AndreasB

Fuck off Les Reid you creep. How sad is it to quote GMK and the Lamptey podcast as some sort of weird affirmation of your 1 man campaign. It's fucking pathetic and ranty and beneath anyone who likes to think they are a serious journalist.
Didn't buy it when you were anti sisu and don't buy it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapsed_skyblue

We didn't get an investigation into whether assets were transferred between CCFC and Holdings despite the supposedly involvement of an administrator. We didn't even get published accounts. Nobody seems to be calling for that now. This too will pass.

NorthernWisdom

Fuck off Les Reid you creep. How sad is it to quote GMK and the Lamptey podcast as some sort of weird affirmation of your 1 man campaign. It's fucking pathetic and ranty and beneath anyone who likes to think they are a serious journalist.
Didn't buy it when you were anti sisu and don't buy it now.

It does admittedly seem a little odd.

Whatever next, Bob Bones getting a weekly column and doing the courtroom drawings?!?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It does admittedly seem a little odd.

Whatever next, Bob Bones getting a weekly column and doing the courtroom drawings?!?

Bob Bones was as mad as a shoe. I'd rather read his insanity that this skewed diatribe from this Award Winning Journalist. I mean, is this an article in a paper purporting to offer a measured, and accurate spectrum of facts? Its so selective in its choice of 'facts' to suit the intended narrative of the author to make its publication in its current form frankly astonishing

ccfcway

"Beyond sporting affairs, it is clear from social media and elsewhere that there is a wide breakdown in confidence between the council and the electorate."

Well, only approx 10% voted against them at the last election

Users who are viewing this thread