Obikwu (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

3 goals in 5 in a struggling Grimsby team.

does he take the Tavares place in the squad next year at 4th choice?

Mucca Mad Boys

Let him develop in L1 next season - first team football is what he needs. If we’re not keeping Godden, we could need 1-2 first team strikers.

shmmeee

Give him a full season somewhere, ideally at L1 level. I think we could get away with a ride sided forward who can play both along with Wright, Simms, Saka, EMC and Tavares.

The watchmaker

Boring answer is that they'll take a look at him in preseason and make a decision BUT young lad, knows where the net is, international and Robins et al have a proven record of improving strikers. Why not?

SBbucks

Loan him to Peterborough next season if they dont go up, they seem to develop good young attackers

Good idea in theory, but MacAnthony said on his latest pod that he doesn’t take strikers on loan. Strikers are where he’s made the big money in the past (Toney, Szmodics, Eisa, Gayle etc) so their model is to develop their own. Having said that, Szomics & Gayle were taken on loan before they bought them so who knows. But he seems pretty adamant about it now.
Interesting to see what happened to Mo Eisa. I thought he would have a fantastic career but now on loan at Exeter from MK Dons, one serious injury and out for nearly 2 years. Would love to have signed him when he left Cheltenham for Bristol, just what we needed then.

He looked good pre season and I was surprised to see him go out on loan with our strikers looking off the pace earlier in the season

Users who are viewing this thread