O hare doesn’t flatter to deceive (1 Viewer)

procdoc

I’m struggling to think of many players we’ve had with better stamina than him. Lots of the lads have looked tired for the past few weeks but not him. Even right at the end busting a gut to chase down the ball, that impresses me most.
Paul Telfer had the best stamina I’ve ever seen, shame he wasn’t that good

clint van damme

Increasing negativity to o hare was becoming embarrassing

half time comments terrible

o hare was totally outstanding in the second half. Without o hare we are nothing. His energy is incredible and work rate phenomenal. He’s a talisman line we’ve not had since Dublin

laughable comments about him - we should just be grateful we have him

Spot on. Great post.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Callum O'Hare, best midfielder since Ian Gibson.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am a massive fan of COH, but some perspective is needed. Up until today he had no assists and no goals all season. To pretend that is good enough is pretty ridiculous. Even by his own standards we have seen in recent weeks that he has been frustrated with himself.

Then, look at today. He gets that goal and then literally played like Messi for the rest of the game. That is the effect that confidence can have, and at that point he would have been the last player on the pitch you would want to take off. He was like the fucking terminator. I think most of the criticism aimed at him as been pretty fair, and as I said, he knows he can do better. We all do. That player we saw today is exactly what I believe he can do, and I hope he can continue with it because his application and commitment to the club only makes me feel warm about him. Well done today Callum!

Brighton Sky Blue

I am a massive fan of COH, but some perspective is needed. Up until today he had no assists and no goals all season. To pretend that is good enough is pretty ridiculous. Even by his own standards we have seen in recent weeks that he has been frustrated with himself.

Then, look at today. He gets that goal and then literally played like Messi for the rest of the game. That is the effect that confidence can have, and at that point he would have been the last player on the pitch you would want to take off. He was like the fucking terminator. I think most of the criticism aimed at him as been pretty fair, and as I said, he knows he can do better. We all do. That player we saw today is exactly what I believe he can do, and I hope he can continue with it because his application and commitment to the club only makes me feel warm about him. Well done today Callum!

Would surely have had another had Tyler squared that late break

Evo1883

He's got 3 assists

Grendel

He has 3 assists you clown

pusbccfc

People on here tried saying he wouldn't start for many teams in this division.

Laughable, he'd walk into any side.

He was dancing around Bristol midfielders in the second half.

Evo1883

Not sure about any side , but what I do know is he'd give everything in any side

procdoc

There seems to be this notion amongst some fans that not many of our players would get in other sides. I reckon they’d get in a majority, including Hyam, Godden etc

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's got 3 assists
He has 3 assists you clown

Any need to call me a clown Grendel? It has been banded around and unchallenged on here that he hasn´t had any.

Also, do you think he played better today than recently or not? Because if he did, then surely that means his previous levels have been under performing. Today is what I expect from him, and that can only be a good thing.

Mucca Mad Boys

If COH finds a killer instinct with his shooting, his days here become numbered if he doesn’t drag us to the Premiership with him. He’s a fantastic player!

larry_david

As soon as he starts scoring regularly, he won’t be here much longer as it’s the only side to his game that’s lacking.

Him and Hamer need to be tied down to new 3 year deals as soon as physically possible
What's hamer done to deserve such talk?

clint van damme

O'Hare is the best player I've seen here for years, his pressing, his work out of possession is incredible.
I've always said it, I don't expect any player to be at his best every game but what I do expect is work rate and he delivers in spades (same as Gyokeres).

We are lucky to have him and if he contributes a few more goals like today he'll be gone and good luck to him because hes bought into what Robins is doing and has delivered big style.

harvey098

What negativity? Sorry I dont log in on here when at a match.

Godden is best natural finisher at the club.

I think he’s referring to the fact that when we were in league 1 Grendel said that Godden wouldn’t get into the squad of any other top 6 team in league 1. Not just team, but squad lol

WestEndAgro

When you add to the equation that he gets kicked into the air for 90 minutes he is a exceptional player.
So resilient, he must be the most fouled player in the entire football league 🤔

skyblu3sk

Currently the 4th most fouled player in the championship. I think everyone looks for the obvious with COH but he single handedly drags us up the pitch at times relieving pressure. He's actually a brilliant defensive player yes his final ball and shooting could do with a bit of improvement but in my opinion that would make him a complete player.

Jamesimus

That little run late in the game where he jinked the ball around 2 Bristol players.

Busting a gut to catch up with Walker and not receive the pass, he was absolutely fuming.

And him closing down in the 88th minute as quickly as he would in the 1st.

Brilliant little player and when people say he's bad, it's just because it's not at the levels they've seen from him previously.

I think hamer has had a good season so far , much more polished than last season so far .. just wish he'd have a go more often from outside the box

He has. Second half yesterday he was certainly less tidy with his passing than the first half, but him and Sheaf in there together were great considering we had a player missing!

Frostie

That little run late in the game where he jinked the ball around 2 Bristol players.

Busting a gut to catch up with Walker and not receive the pass, he was absolutely fuming.

And him closing down in the 88th minute as quickly as he would in the 1st.

Brilliant little player and when people say he's bad, it's just because it's not at the levels they've seen from him previously.

He has. Second half yesterday he was certainly less tidy with his passing than the first half, but him and Sheaf in there together were great considering we had a player missing!

I said it in midweek, we couldn't press & play the style of football we do without O'hare, that's why even if he has other areas that need work, he's still so important. I think people are starting to see that.

re: Hamer - No surprise to me that he looks a better player alongside Sheaf.

harvey098

Increasing negativity to o hare was becoming embarrassing

half time comments terrible

o hare was totally outstanding in the second half. Without o hare we are nothing. His energy is incredible and work rate phenomenal. He’s a talisman line we’ve not had since Dublin

laughable comments about him - we should just be grateful we have him

Completely agree (and nice to see you being positive 😉). People underestimate the importance of hustle, he’s the best at it and it takes away the other teams ability to build a platform from the middle of the pitch.

You can see that confidence has been an issue the last few weeks but he’s still been very important to what we do even without the numbers you’d expect from an attacking player.

Jamesimus

I said it in midweek, we couldn't press & play the style of football we do without O'hare, that's why even if he has other areas that need work, he's still so important. I think people are starting to see that.

re: Hamer - No surprise to me that he looks a better player alongside Sheaf.

Defending from the front is very important to us I think.

Hamer and Sheaf seem to have a good understanding and compliment each other well I think.

Users who are viewing this thread