O Donovan scores twice in u21 game (1 Viewer)

jon92

There are big puddles on the pitch at the Alan Higg centre for today's under 21's game between Coventry City and Crewe Alexandra. It's anyones guess as to how long the game the game will go on for.
Coventry City Team: Burge, Phillips, Christie, Henderson, Cameron, Roberts, Finch, O'Donovan, Rankin, Baker-Richardson.
The game kicks off early at 12:45.
10. GOAL: City go 1-0 upwhen O'Donovan heads in from a corner.
17. O'Donovan goes through but flicks his effort over the bar.
18. City win a corner in their next attack.
23. City win another corner. Baker-Richardson has his shot cleared away.
27. O'Donovan hits the bar from six yards after he worked his way into the area.
32. GOAL: Crewe equalise when Ryan Colclough side foots in a cross from the right.
Both Richard Shaw and Steve Ogrizovic are watching the game.
38. O'Donovan bursts though to win a corner. Baker-Richardson fires over from 20 yards from the corner
Apologies, we are experiencing technical difficulties bring you updates from the Alan Higgs Centre.
HT 1-1
85 GOAL Crewe take the lead when Ryan Colclough scored from four yards following a cross from Laim Wilson
93 GOAL Roy O'Donovan get a though ball from Maund and beats the keeper to give City their first point in this new league.
FT CCFC 2-2 CAFC

torchomatic

I think they can have a number of over agers.

CUS Wyken

Starting for the first team?!

Only one of them, maybe two. Cameron and Christie.

Yes, because our current crop are doing such a great job eh. Look at Grandison for Shrewsbury. Ran the show last week. We need to give some of youngsters a go. I'd say out of that team I'd have Cameron, Christie, Henderson and Phillips (heard good vibes about him)

Fuck off the likes of Kilbane, wood and mcsheffrey

Nonleagueherewecome

Who was used at LB, Cyrus or Phillips? I think I'd prefer Cyrus on his wrong side to Kilbane at LB.

And yeah, I'd love to see Cameron in the first team when fit. Can't do any worse than Wood, Brown & Edge.

sky blue john

Obviously we have released players in recent seasons that would do a good job for us now. But when they were released we were a championship side and only looking at players capable of championship football.
Managers don't always get these decisions right though history has proven this even with the biggest clubs !!

Skybluefaz

That looks a decent team to me. Many of them should be starting..<br />
<br />
Side note - Roy OD surely older then 21????
<br />
<br />

He's like Willie Boland, he'll be 21 forever.
of course he's over 21, iIdon't know the rules but they must be allowed to field a certain amount of over age players

RichieGunns

Why do I get the feeling O'Donovan will be starting for the Arsenal game? I mean Robin's did say it's now a clean sheet for all the players. Also as robin's was a striker, he might be doing striker training with all the front men. Who knows, ROD might improve under Robin's. We haven't had a striker coach for eons, this could be a reason why the front men (apart from McGoldrick) agent doing very well in front of goal!

Black6Osprey

My son scored 3 at the weekend and has as much chance of making an impact on the first team.

RODs 27 for gods sake, its almost like lads v dads.

Yes, because our current crop are doing such a great job eh. Look at Grandison for Shrewsbury. Ran the show last week. We need to give some of youngsters a go. I'd say out of that team I'd have Cameron, Christie, Henderson and Phillips (heard good vibes about him)

feck off the likes of Kilbane, wood and mcsheffrey

I'd give will roberts a go in the first team as well looked good preseason

Grendel

I would like to see ROD give a chance, a run. He has pace, makes good runs, better than FatBoy Macca.

He's had lots of chances. He just misses them. The game today must be under 12's if he has managed a brace.

Users who are viewing this thread