O’Hare (2 Viewers)

SheafIsGod

I’m past the point of being frustrated by him now. You would be hard-pressed to find a more useless attacking mid in the top 4 tiers of English football when it comes to scoring and creating chances.

Honest question - why don’t we play him in a holding mid role and push Hamer further up? It seems O’Hare’s best attributes of chasing players down and winning possession would be much better suited further back where he can’t fuck up every attacking opportunity presented to him.

Evo1883

I’m past the point of being frustrated by him now. You would be hard-pressed to find a more useless attacking mid in the top 4 tiers of English football when it comes to scoring and creating chances.

Honest question - why don’t we play him in a holding mid role and push Hamer further up? It seems O’Hare’s best attributes of chasing players down and winning possession would be much better suited further back where he can’t fuck up every attacking opportunity presented to him.

O hare and holding midfield ..... fuck me

fatso

Why not just drop him, he can't fuck anything up then.
Any one of the U23 squad would of contributed more than O"hare has this season.

Hopefully we can get a few quid for him and Walker in Jan.

Evo1883

giphy.gif

SKYBLUES90

Creating chances!? Pretty much all of our play comes through him, take him out of the team and we would struggle.

Yes his final outlet should be better but if he was the finished article simple as…He wouldn’t be with us.

cc84cov

I thought the Robins thread was Grendel this O’Hare one backs up it’s defo not him but possibly me behind This profile 🤣

skyblue1991

Theres no competition, he knows he will always be in the starting 11 unless out through injury, suspension or covid

Jodi Jones is probably the closest you get but is unproven, although looked bright when he has played

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fatso

I really like him and think he's a very good player, but can you think of any other City player who has ever hit the ball straight at the keeper so many times before?

I would love to see the stats on how often that's happened with him.

Clean through, straight at the keeper.
It's that total lack of any end product that is costing us points.
I think we need another option in that position now.

rob9872

He should have more goals and assists, although he'd have far more assists if the forwards managed to finish some of the chances he does create.

wantageskyblue

I really like him and think he's a very good player, but can you think of any other City player who has ever hit the ball straight at the keeper so many times before?

I would love to see the stats on how often that's happened with him.

Clean through, straight at the keeper.
Craig Bellamy?

The Philosopher

O’Hare wins free kicks. He fluffs his lines in front of goal.

I’m pretty sure we all agree on that.

We need to practice free kicks as a priority. We need to have some height and strength to take advantage of the (I’m guessing -stat guys - help me out) 5? extra free kicks he wins per game than our other attackers.

Baffles me dizzy that we have a player in O’Hare that wins free kicks and then no attacking threat to take advantage.

As an aside, our slide has coincided with Vic getting a knock and us playing the lightweights up front. I’ve banged on about us having no stuntman for Vic. Hate to say….

clint van damme

How's Love Island going?

stevefloyd

Ohare does create chances but the useless fuckers up front don't take advantage of them but one thing he does need is someone to have one to one sessions on how to aim for the corners instead of at someone with funny colours standing in the goal

SheafIsGod

Ohare does create chances but the useless fuckers up front don't take advantage of them but one thing he does need is someone to have one to one sessions on how to aim for the corners instead of at someone with funny colours standing in the goal

What chances did he create yesterday asides from an overhit aerial ball to Walker?

Grendel

What chances did he create yesterday asides from an overhit aerial ball to Walker?

first minute for Walker set Mastden up in the second half…combined with Kane twice second half to create another chance for Walker and when Gyokeres appealed for a penalty

slowpoke

He needs to be with better players on his wave length, wasn’t at his best last night, who was but still created some opportunities

johnwillomagic

I think he still is one of our best players even if going through a stickier patch - as we are getting games postponed galore I am not sure he now needs a rest as I thought he may have done previously.

I think he still starts but would like to see Jones and him in the start xi - maybe the box with him & Jones playing off Gyokeres......I think that would be worth trying maybe even against Derby in the FA cup?

SheafIsGod

first minute for Walker set Mastden up in the second half…combined with Kane twice second half to create another chance for Walker and when Gyokeres appealed for a penalty
If we’re clutching at straws this desperately then every player in the team is creating 3 or 4 good chances per match.

Our main priority in January HAS to be an attacking mid. Utilise O’Hare as an impact sub like he was a lot of the time in L1

Grendel

If we’re clutching at straws this desperately then every player in the team is creating 3 or 4 good chances per match.

Our main priority in January HAS to be an attacking mid. Utilise O’Hare as an impact sub like he was a lot of the time in L1

He wasn’t an impact sub in L1 urban myth I’m afraid

SheafIsGod

I think he still is one of our best players even if going through a stickier patch - as we are getting games postponed galore I am not sure he now needs a rest as I thought he may have done previously.

I think he still starts but would like to see Jones and him in the start xi - maybe the box with him & Jones playing off Gyokeres......I think that would be worth trying maybe even against Derby in the FA cup?
It’s nothing to do with him being tired. We all know he would run to the moon and back if he could. He was creating and scoring nothing for the first 10 games of the season either.

johnwillomagic

He scares opposition and creates space for others think he still has to be in start xi - particularly with current injuries however in my opinion need to give Jones more of a go and give him a start a bit risky so MR won't do it sadly but Jones & O'Hare behind Gyok could be very dangerous

steve cooper

Of course but we need someone else alongside him otherwise we are too predictable. At the moment we have virtually no one else creating chances consistently, except arguably Kane. Jones might be the answer but if true about avoiding the vaccine then he almost certainly isn't.
In many of the last run of games we have created plenty of chances, we just haven't taken them.

oscillatewildly

It doesn't have to be corners just two even one foot either side. Let's not rush the kid.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I love O´Hare immensely, but you could see yesterday after a few shit passes his head dropped and he was pretty ineffective thereafter. A lot of it is psychological I think, as I recall the last time he scored he played the rest of the game like Messi.

The problem is, he plays behind the striker and hardly ever scores. His final ball is also poor a lot of the time. It is only because his other attributes are so good that he keeps his place, but I wouldn´t mind seeing someone come in as a challenger for him in January. I really think he could do with an extended period out the team. Our formation isn´t working anyway, and we need a fresh set of tactics too. You could afford to keep him in perhaps if we had goals from the rest of the pitch and our strikers weren´t huffing and puffing, but that isn´t the case sadly. There are not enough goals in the team collectively and O´Hare is one of the biggest culprits of that.

Otis

There was a high level of flippancy in my comment.
That said, he could legally be my grandson (going by age only, I'm not insinuating any conquest)
Your grandson? If you live in either Canley or Wood End, that would make you about 32.

Users who are viewing this thread